• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 dimensions and weight, prepare your cabinets.

kuncol02

Banned
True its big for a console in terms of height by several inches but big in general terms?

No one has a issue with having PC towers and Sound systems in their rooms. Not to forget VCRs in the past.

All way bigger.
Of course people have issue with PC towers. That's one of reasons why people prefer to have console in their living room. That's also why people pay extra for miniITX builds instead of normal PCs.

PS5: 390mm×104mm×260mm
PS5 DE: 390mm×92mm×260mm
PS5:4.5kg
PS5DE: 3.9kg
--
PS5: 15.35in×4.09in×10.23in
PS5 DE: 15.34in×3.62in×10.23mm
PS5:9.92lbs
PS5DE: 8.6lbs

vs

XSX: 301mmx151mmx151mm
--
XSX: 11.8inx5.9inx5.9in

Dimensions of PS5 excluding base stand.

That's a big boy.

845.gif

Alphagear

Of course people have issue with PC towers. That's one of reasons why people prefer to have console in their living room. That's also why people pay extra for miniITX builds instead of normal PCs.

That's the point. PC towers are far larger than the PS5.

The PS5 is the same size of most gaming Mini ITX builds. Its in fact maybe smaller.

My point is why is PS5 considered large in General terms when it isn't.

Yes as a console it's the largest but still small compared to other Gaming PC towers and even Gaming Mini ITX builds

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
That's the point. PC towers are far larger than the PS5.

The PS5 is the same size of most gaming Mini ITX builds. Its in fact maybe smaller.

My point is why is PS5 considered large in General terms when it isn't.

Yes as a console it's the largest but still small compared to other Gaming PC towers and even Gaming Mini ITX builds
And miniITX builds are super niche because they are to small for normal parts (cooling) and still to big for living room. Unless you go with build with integrated GPU then you can have it in case around 280x120x220, You basically can have 2 cases like that in place of one PS5. And there are even much smaller cases.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

I was very close with my guess so not surprised. It will easily fit in my small Besta unit and a space is already prepared.

Got much bigger things to worry about like game prices and just my luck......The retailer I'll use (I have a gift card) haven't even added PS5 yet never mind opened pre-orders.:messenger_face_steam:

tryDEATH

How is this still only the approximate size we are so close to launch, but being that big they must have addressed the jet engine sound, so I guess that is a fair trade off.

Elcid

Banned
Looks like it'll fit JUST right. Going to cut out the back of my entertainment slot so it has more breafing room.

jaysius

Banned
ethomaz ethomaz What were your very initial guesses again? You must know about a future compact or slim SKU coming up? 🧠

Well it is, a year and half or slightly more from now.

Unless something REALLY compelling comes out for PS5, I might actually take the lucid route and wait for that PS5 slim.

Dead gen is going to curse this new gen way longer than last time.

Last edited:
True its big for a console in terms of height by several inches but big in general terms?

No one has a issue with having PC towers and Sound systems in their rooms. Not to forget VCRs in the past.

All way bigger.

That's what I don't get going into this gen. Most TV stands and entertainment centers are designed to fit a standard audio receiver which is much larger and heavier than a PS5 or XSX. 420mm wide, 140mm tall, around 310mm deep plus plugs at the rear and knobs on the front which can vary greatly depending on make/model.

What are people using as a TV stand that the new consoles won't fit?

ZywyPL

Banned
PS5: 390mm×104mm×260mm
PS5 DE: 390mm×92mm×260mm

What the hell? The DE looks considerably slimmer than the regular version, and turn's out is just 1cm thinner?

Fuck. That's a tight fit.

FXD2yzG.jpg

I'm going to have to put it somewhere else, I think.

Even if you'd be able to stick it there, the vents would have little to no intake/exhaust space, so yeah, better place it somewhere else.

Alphagear

That's what I don't get going into this gen. Most TV stands and entertainment centers are designed to fit a standard audio receiver which is much larger and heavier than a PS5 or XSX. 420mm wide, 140mm tall, around 310mm deep plus plugs at the rear and knobs on the front which can vary greatly depending on make/model.

What are people using as a TV stand that the new consoles won't fit?

So true.

I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about.

Yes its 4 inches taller than all consoles but the width and depth are pretty normal.

I Have a 43 inch 4K TV, large PC tower, Soundbar, Switch and PS4 pro all in my unit and still have room for a PS5.

Seeing the complaints you would think it's the size of a fridge freezer.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
the PS5 design has really grown on me. At first i was okay thats different but kind of cool. now im like .. yeah yeah.. that is cool!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you're standing up a PS5, it's abnormally tall and deep. The width is ok.

If you put it flat, it's very wide and deep. The height is ok.

Either way, it's a big console.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There is no way in hell either of those consoles are fitting in my Ikea HEMNES TV stand.

Arkam

Yup... neither XSX or PS5 will fit in the spot I normally put my main console. Lame!!! I feared this when the PS5 form was first unveiled and went ahead and mounted my TV on the wall and stopped being a heathen with it on top on entertainment center. I am not going to like having this massive "fin" standing up like a Phallus*... so ill probably put it sideways (barring any guidance on better airflow)

Hopefully the Slim/Pro models of both are in smaller form factors.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Look, the PS5 is going to be my console of choice, but we all need to come to the grips with the fact that it's completely hideous.

Dodkrake

Banned
I think it will barely fit the space I have for my PS4, but I have plenty of room behind the TV. Need to have it laying down because my cat likes to sneak around.

renzero

Neo Member
Can anyone throw me some recommendations for bags or cases to carry a PS5? I’m going overseas for 6 months and would like to bring my PS5 along with me.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Can anyone throw me some recommendations for bags or cases to carry a PS5? I’m going overseas for 6 months and would like to bring my PS5 along with me.
A bag? Do you plan to carry it around or what?
Just wrap it in a towel and place it between some clothes inside your backpack / cary-on-luggage so it is well cushioned for the travel.

Last edited:

renzero

Neo Member
A bag? Do you plan to carry it around or what?
Just wrap it in a towel and place it between some clothes inside your backpack / cary-on-luggage so it is well cushioned for the travel.
I suppose that could work but I really don’t want to take any risks. I’m surprised there’s no official carrying case or at least licensed ones out there.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I suppose that could work but I really don’t want to take any risks. I’m surprised there’s no official carrying case or at least licensed ones out there.
My wife is from another country, so before Switch was released i used to bring my PS4 on the plane when we visited her family and protected it like that several times flawlessly.
I dont trust no bags, official or unofficial, i just wrap it and cushion it so nothing can happen.

Top Bottom