• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 "Exclusive" Godfall Has Been Rated For PS4 by PEGI

DJTaurus

The technical showcase of PS5 that supposedly couldn’t be on a last gen console finally lands on PS4. It’s a matter of time before demon souls and Ratchet will be announced too. PS5 exclusives 🤡

Last edited:

driqe

There’ll be no PlayStation 4 version holding Godfall back, as the game is being “tailored to run only on Sony’s new console”.
PS5 Exclusive Godfall Is Being Tailored to Run Only on Sony's Next-Gen Console - Push Square

Money talks

Washington Nationals Smile GIF by MLB

Enjay

Banned
The technical showcase of PS5 that supposedly couldn’t be on a last gen console finally lands on PS4. It’s a matter of time before demon souls and Ratchet will be announced too. PS5 exclusives 🤡
They definitely will. There's no money to be made in making a ps5 only title when only scalpers have the console.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
They definitely will. There's no money to be made in making a ps5 only title when only scalpers have the console.
Why would only scalpers have the PS5? Are you saying that there is more demand for one console and thus scalpers are less likely to risk getting stuck with unwanted stock? Are you saying that a competing console or consoles has less demand than the PS5? Why would there be less demand for the other consoles?

To be honest, kinda expected. PS4 user base is way higher.

Now this makes me even more undecided on whether should I get a PS4 or PS5. PS5 is way more expensive and harder to get, but I don't know if the PS4 is still worth it (there's so many fucking games I wanna play on it)

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Outriders vs godfall. The battle of the mediocre looter games
Thing is lots of people bought and play Outriders. Godfall had a very low key launch. They had the chance to sell some extra copies by attracting people interested in the next-gen experience and they still failed.

Jaxcellent

Good for them making a ps4 version, you need to make some money back from development somehow... i watched some reviews and the game came across as pretty mediocre. Perfect for free to play or gamepass.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm going to be real, this will piss me off. I got Godfall at launch for £70. I don't think it's a bad game, but it quickly runs out of legs and the end game is about multiplayer which they burned with no matchmaking. So right now bearing that in mind

It looks now like it's being backported
The exclusivity period is ending

And coincidentally at this time, the game will be retailing cheaper on PS4 and matchmaking will be available in the near future. But hopefully this will breathe new life into the game and it will create a large community to get the game off life support.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Sure. Why not?

I think this is a game that definitely got more people to check it out than normally would being in the launch window but that period has ended. I don't fault them for trying to make more money on their project but it makes some of the interviews they did pretty cringe now.

Kagey K

Banned
Yay I can’t wait for more people to experience this dissapointment, just too see it crossed off of list wars.

When you are using Godfall and Destruction: All Stars as list war fodder, you have fully run out of ideas.

Top Bottom