• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 is in the perfect storm right now (Increased supply , God of War:R , The Last Of Us Show & Hogwarts Legacy )

onQ123

David Oyelowo GIF by Ovation TV
I can't wait to see Switch in the quarter from Zelda , Mario Movie & Hogwarts Legacy

Marvel14

Banned
The only thing in it's way for the next few months is Metroid Prime Remastered & Zelda Tears Of The Kingdom .

Hogwarts Legacy releasing on current gen first most likely shift more people into the current generation than anything else that has happened in the last 2 years & it look like PS5 can ride this wave throughout the next few months.
Nintendo is not " in its way" whatever the funk that means...the perfect storm is made imperfect by PSVR2 which is not yet succeeding as the mass market breakthrough they want. Time will tell if it achieves it... but otherwise yeah its a sunny day in Sonyland.

Last edited:

onQ123

Nintendo is not " in its way" whatever the funk that means...the perfect storm is made imperfect by PSVR2 which is not yet succeeding as the mass market breakthrough they want. Time will tell if it achieves it... but otherwise yeah its a sunny day in Sonyland.
May belongs to Nintendo Switch

Marvel14

Banned
May belongs to Nintendo Switch
Only once TOTK is confirmed as a worthy successor to BOTW. If TOTK proves to be another GOAT contender then it's Ninty's summer. Still not : in PS's way" though as the PS5 should continue selling great regardless...

If they nail this supposed upcoming showcase, and come out gun blazing, they will ride a tidal wave for the next 18-24 months, easily. They should have gameplay sequences for titles that will be coming out in 2024, and real-time trailers for the ones planned for 2025.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I wanted to buy fat model still when they are available but... let's be honest with ourselves? Slick chance it will get much more expensive in 10-20 years and we will all switch to pro anyway next year

OuterLimits

The forecast shows a downpour

Holidays is going to be one of the biggest drenchings (massacres) the gaming industry has seen in years & there is no sunshine in sight for the next few months.

Well yes. The competition right now is a badly floundering Microsoft and also system at the very end of its lifespan that has already sold well over a 100 million.

Sony will dominant sales until the Switch successor releases.

Last edited:

onQ123

Well yes. The competition right now is a badly floundering Microsoft and also system at the very end of its lifespan that has already sold well over a 100 million.

Sony will dominant sales until the Switch successor releases.
Switch still has a lot of fight in it especially over the holidays

It is so hilarious to me how incredibly well Hogwarts Legacy has sold this year despite the extremely small minority that tried to wipe it out of existence.

And all the press that ignored it. Despite the fact that their sites are dying and people are continually switching over to independent YouTubers for their media coverage.

And it’s not even that great of a game. It’s decently good.

Lmao

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The forecast shows a downpour

Holidays is going to be one of the biggest drenchings (massacres) the gaming industry has seen in years & there is no sunshine in sight for the next few months.
What forecasts? Xbox always sells well on Black Friday for some reason.

I would be cautious until the numbers come in. Ps5 was amazing last year but it might have hit the peak as well.

SkylineRKR

It is so hilarious to me how incredibly well Hogwarts Legacy has sold this year despite the extremely small minority that tried to wipe it out of existence.

And all the press that ignored it. Despite the fact that their sites are dying and people are continually switching over to independent YouTubers for their media coverage.

And it’s not even that great of a game. It’s decently good.

Lmao

Yeah its cringe that some outlets actually bowed down and didn't review it, and some don't even want to call the game by name. But its a huge seller regardless, and they dug their own grave alienating followers who don't want to put up with this shit.

havoc00

Yeah its cringe that some outlets actually bowed down and didn't review it, and some don't even want to call the game by name. But its a huge seller regardless, and they dug their own grave alienating followers who don't want to put up with this shit.
I remember people threatening people who were streaming the game on yt twitch etc… unhinged people

What forecasts? Xbox always sells well on Black Friday for some reason.

I would be cautious until the numbers come in. Ps5 was amazing last year but it might have hit the peak as well.
Waiting for what exactly?! Numbers? Xbox aint touching PlayStation. Once Black Friday numbers are in ps5 will probably outsell xbox close to 2:1 in the usa. Im not even mentioning ww numbers lmao

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
For some reason Xbox shifted its entire strategy to cheaper more value per dollar, you can even buy one through all access. Xbox’s main audience is very price sensitive.
TIL while getting some accessories as gifts off PS Direct Sony also have a payment plan setup thru Klarna. A 4 payment setup or actual financing.

Thirty7ven

Banned
TIL while getting some accessories as gifts off PS Direct Sony also have a payment plan setup thru Klarna. A 4 payment setup or actual financing.

Payment plans are normal, but I wouldn’t consider Xbox All Access a normal payment plan. It’s even advertised in major stores around here at least.

Either way I’m looking at the whole of a strategy. And value per dollar is at the core of modern Xbox strategy, which ironically has backfired so far.

Woopah

Switch still has a lot of fight in it especially over the holidays
It has some fight, but the thing is soon turning 8 years old. The only way it could get near PS5 in its peak year is:

1. A TOTK-level exclusive; or
2. A price cut

And it's not getting either of them.

Top Bottom