• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 is in the perfect storm right now (Increased supply , God of War:R , The Last Of Us Show & Hogwarts Legacy )

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
User scores? You know it got review bombed you even posted in the thread about it

Everything popular gets review bombed these days, not sure why you are acting like it's relevant now when convenient

if you click thru not really that many more net review only 100 or so more then the 1st. Honestly I don’t think it’s matters, just easier to point to that than the dozens of reviews and pod cast that agree the 1st game was better.

Yoboman

if you click thru not really that many more net review only 100 or so more then the 1st. Honestly I don’t think it’s matters, just easier to point to that than the dozens of reviews and pod cast that agree the 1st game was better.
Lots think that Ragnarok was better myself included. Is that surprising when both games are 94?

Lots of people think Bloodborne is better than Elden Ring, that doesn't make Elden Ring so so

Jayson Tatum Trophy GIF by NBA
I really like the color of their jerseys.

Though I’m not understanding why this gif was posted. 🤔

Foilz

Banned
Imagine not having vr because you are broke. Thank god that's not me

even tho it broke me. But I don't care
I have 2 Xbox series X, a second ps5 is being delivered to Orrow, 1 switch, a gaming PC and the quest 2. I'm good bro 👍

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Imagine not having vr because you are broke. Thank god that's not me

even tho it broke me. But I don't care
No interest in VR from me.

Maybe when it becomes $100, super small and sleek and the games are full budget quality.... all in the year 2035 I'll buy it.

I took my nephews and nieces to a Dave & Buster kind of place that had VR rooms. We all tried a PC VR set. I tried Creed, they tried some shooting alien game and also for fun Job Simulator.

We all thought it was junk. Even the kids thought it was crap, even though I thought they'd love it as a new experience and they love gadgets and YT. Going forward, never again have they had interest. They'd rather do those torturous Escape Rooms.

As for me trying Creed boxing, it was retarded. There's no point in even doing sports since the game and me have nothing to do with each other. I'm punching like normal, but the game simulates me getting punched and glazy eyed where I eventually lose. I'm throwing punches faster and at angles the game cant even track correctly which makes a game like this pointless.

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
My only issue with the psvr2 is the lack of new content. The majority of it's games are 2+yr old quest 2 ports, Outside of like 3 games . I own all of the quest games that are available on psvr2 and they are wonderful games but I'm gonna wait like 6 months to see how the content is.

zomboden

Banned
I can't be the only one who thinks VR is completely dumb. Just a screen over your eyes. I think it's silly. The only VR I will ever care about is some brain chip in, full dive VR like SAO.

Think about it... Brain chip, the chip says this is what you should be seeing to your brain. Your brain processes graphics using your own imagination and you could potentially have infinite fidelity.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My only issue with the psvr2 is the lack of new content. The majority of it's games are 2+yr old quest 2 ports, Outside of like 3 games . I own all of the quest games that are available on psvr2 and they are wonderful games but I'm gonna wait like 6 months to see how the content is.
Just wait for a price decrease and more games.

At least with recent consoles that launched they are BC and tons of games get auto-boosted better loading times, frame rate or whatever other lucky shit a last gen game got updated with.

With VR2, the old PSVR1 games don’t even work unless the dev updated it which not all are.

Kacho

Gold Member
Wooo doggy this thread delivered the goods.

Sony having a solid year kinda goes without saying IMO. As long as stock remains plentiful theyre due for a big year.

Wish they’d put out a slim already. I want to jump in but there’s no chance I’m putting the current model under my TV. That thing is forever a travesty in terms of looks and size.

Not buying into the VR hype like others are. Seems destined to become another Vita level dud so it won’t be a hardware pusher. Games like Final Fantasy and Spider-Man will though, obviously.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wooo doggy this thread delivered the goods.

Sony having a solid year kinda goes without saying IMO. As long as stock remains plentiful theyre due for a big year.

Wish they’d put out a slim already. I want to jump in but there’s no chance I’m putting the current model under my TV. That thing is forever a travesty in terms of looks and size.

Not buying into the VR hype like others are. Seems destined to become another Vita level dud so it won’t be a hardware pusher. Games like Final Fantasy and Spider-Man will though, obviously.
Every generation is the same. By around year 3 or 4 the mid-era slim model comes out.

So a PS5 or Series X slim should be out soon(?).

I wish they reported ff xv too. PS4 version is not good.

Always interesting to see which companies tackle this. I do think they hurt themselves and potential sales by not doing this. What makes it interesting is that they ported FF7 Remake, but not FF15 kingdom hearts 3.

I think Microsoft's biggest saving grace is that even with the PS5 supply improving, it's still not something you can just go to amazon on and buy it at any time.

Once you can find PS5s at both Amazon and at retail unbundled can we get a picture of supply meeting demand.

FF15 doesn't deserve anything. KH3...whatever

Just seems odd that they wouldn't patch some of their biggest PS4 games that might have some legs on PS5 before heavier hitters come out.

Strange that they've gone back and patched Chrono Crossa year later. Their roadmap just seems all over the place.

PlayStation has been imprinted in this kid's mind.

2 days, 10.3 million views... you can't buy mindshare like that...

The reality is Sony doesn't even need Spider-Man 2 for this to be one of if not the biggest years in PlayStation history.

Saw someone say they don't have enough games announced for the year. Again, with the cache they've built up over the last two years and the pent-up demand, they don't need to release any games, but they do have big exclusives and marketing deals going on right now

Hogwarts Legacy
Final Fantasy 16
Spider-Man 2
TLOU P1
PSVR2, Call of The Mountain, RE8, GT7
FF7R P2

And I guarantee Sony has at least one other 1st party major title release with these other games.

Hogwarts Legacy is going to own Q1
Final Fantasy 16 is going to own Q2 along with RE4 which will sell best on PS5
Spider-Man will own Q3/Q4

onQ123

I think Microsoft's biggest saving grace is that even with the PS5 supply improving, it's still not something you can just go to amazon on and buy it at any time.

Once you can find PS5s at both Amazon and at retail unbundled can we get a picture of supply meeting demand.
But the invites are clearly being sent out because the standalone is also selling pretty good
qp3B2mI.png

"PS5 is in the perfect storm right now" to release a handheld, right?

Sad Happy Hour GIF
Never said anything about a hand held

clarky

Gold Member
That sequel that is worse -according to you-, got better critical and commercial reception than any exclusive on the Xbox...The Last of Us show has made the franchise mainstream, and Hogwarts will help Sony move tons of consoles this month. The premise of this thread is possibly the most consensual one I have stumbled on these last few weeks, and yet, you find the way to argue in absolute bad faith.
I see. Not sure why a few are bringing up xbox? I think PlayStation release some excellent titles and products but the output just now is far from their best in both quantity and quality and certainly not a "perfect storm".

onQ123

needs knack 3
I was just thinking about how all the PlayStation studios abandoned the kid friendly games like Jak and Daxter , Sly Cooper & so on to make more mature games now .

They found more success in the mature titles so we probably will never see these games again unless they get passed down to some new studio .

I really want a new Sly Cooper game from Sucker Punch

I see. Not sure why a few are bringing up xbox? I think PlayStation release some excellent titles and products but the output just now is far from their best in both quantity and quality and certainly not a "perfect storm".

We know it is. Sony haven't even started jogging yet.

kyliethicc

I was just thinking about how all the PlayStation studios abandoned the kid friendly games like Jak and Daxter , Sly Cooper & so on to make more mature games now .

They found more success in the mature titles so we probably will never see these games again unless they get passed down to some new studio .

I really want a new Sly Cooper game from Sucker Punch
fuck all those shitty kid games

we need more knack

32nd isn't what I'm referring to here.

The God of War bundle is 7th on their list and the unbundled is 32nd... That tells you everything you need to know about availability.

When people can buy a PS5 without any difficulty, that will tell us how Sony's demand actually looks compared to the Xbox.

I mean it's also possible that the invites are going out quickly, but people prefer the value in the bundle. I doubt it though.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Did you beat GoW yet? I already have the platinum.

Nope it couldn't pull me through, unfortunately. First god of war I've not completed. I went and collected the moon or something with the big wolves and stopped there.

Just, lacks any real anything for me that game. I'm not sure what it is and I can't put my finger on it but it's completely mediocre imo. Big let down.

Hogwarts now, though and still playing hi fi rush plus xenoblade so I'm super happy. There's a lot of good games out there. Just waiting on my physical copy of metroid and I'm set for next month until my birthday and resident evil 4.

So many good games, every platform is killing it with output in 2023. Thanks to hogwarts really and hi fi rush/metroid.

Gotta say this thread delivered as it finally got rid of the only warrior I had on ignore. Thanks OP.

Last edited:
Nope it couldn't pull me through, unfortunately. First god of war I've not completed. I went and collected the moon or something with the big wolves and stopped there.

Just, lacks any real anything for me that game. I'm not sure what it is and I can't put my finger on it but it's completely mediocre imo. Big let down.

Hogwarts now, though and still playing hi fi rush plus xenoblade so I'm super happy. There's a lot of good games out there. Just waiting on my physical copy of metroid and I'm set for next month until my birthday and resident evil 4.

So many good games, every platform is killing it with output in 2023. Thanks to hogwarts really and hi fi rush/metroid.

Gotta say this thread delivered as it finally got rid of the only warrior I had on ignore. Thanks OP.

Calling it bad is a bit of an exaggeration IMO. I certainly enjoyed my time with it.

Interesting to see how well Sony really does without Boyes, Layden and House. Who would have known it's games that do the talking, not the suits.

It's already course correcting to include GAAS + a ton of TV show tie ins (which are good thanks to partner companies they are working with)

A game that is multiplatform, a TV show, and a game that is available on PS4?

Yeah, what a perfect storm :messenger_unamused:

I'm waiting on good exclusive PS5 games that give me a reason to buy a PS5 because I can't play them anywhere else. So far I'm only counting 1 and that's a remake of a 2009 game. There will be 2 by the end of the year when FFVII Rebirth comes out but we all know that will come to PC at some point. And beyond that? Maybe Persona 6 will be PS5 exclusive for a while but the way Atlus is going they will end up bringing it to PC or Nintendo's next console.

If I get a PS5 it'll be to play FFVII/Persona 6 asap because I can't wait for PC versions. Once I'm done I'll sell the console.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I feel like the PlayStation brand has been enjoying dominance over the market for a good five or six years. There's been some months when Nintendo has managed to outshine them thanks to the release in some fan favorite franchise, like Animal Crossing. But overall it has felt like since about 2017 when people discuss console gaming, it's assumed the game is going to be played on a PS4 or PS5.

Unknown?

I'm waiting on good exclusive PS5 games that give me a reason to buy a PS5 because I can't play them anywhere else. So far I'm only counting 1 and that's a remake of a 2009 game. There will be 2 by the end of the year when FFVII Rebirth comes out but we all know that will come to PC at some point. And beyond that? Maybe Persona 6 will be PS5 exclusive for a while but the way Atlus is going they will end up bringing it to PC or Nintendo's next console.

If I get a PS5 it'll be to play FFVII/Persona 6 asap because I can't wait for PC versions. Once I'm done I'll sell the console.
So stupid. If you really are doing that then find someone you can borrow it from or a place to rent the console.

And yeah it is a perfect storm, that PS4 game has a lot of people upgrading to play it.

I feel like the PlayStation brand has been enjoying dominance over the market for a good five or six years. There's been some months when Nintendo has managed to outshine them thanks to the release in some fan favorite franchise, like Animal Crossing. But overall it has felt like since about 2017 when people discuss console gaming, it's assumed the game is going to be played on a PS4 or PS5.
You need to get out that bubble if you think PS has been dominating for only the last 5-6 years AND if you think nobody is playing games on Xbox or Switch lol.
So stupid. If you really are doing that then find someone you can borrow it from or a place to rent the console.

And yeah it is a perfect storm, that PS4 game has a lot of people upgrading to play it.
Trust me, I will do that if I can. The less money I can waste the better.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

My exact feels. Release Persona 6 and Bloodborne 2 and I'll get one asap. Right now, it's not appealing to me in any way.

Top Bottom