• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Event PS5 Launch Day Games - Nov 12

Pantz

Sep 21, 2006
Maybe none of them. Been holding off on playing plenty of PS4 games to take advantage of the more powerful PS5. While doing that I can wait for these launch games to go on sale. Still might be tempted in one or two to show off the new system.

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
Well, I did get the DE and in the UK so:
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Yep, a showcase for Next-Gen like Black Flag was, plus Odessy and Origins were great, more of the same with Vikings? I'm sold already
  • Astro's Playroom - Pre-installed so yea
  • Call of Duty Cold War - Maybe, I skipped the last couple of CoD's aside from Warzone, it just doesn't hold me anymore, no MP seems to outside of PVP for Destiny and Fortnite really
  • Demon's Souls - As soon as I can Pre Order, I will
  • Godfall - Looks interesting, but not seen much of it if I'm honest
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure(LittleBigPlanet) - Nope, I really lost interest in LBP
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales - Yep, Ultimate Edition as well, only God of War beat it for my GotY in 2018
  • Watch Dogs Legion - Maybe on sale, I loved 2 but this seems to change for too much for my liking, I'm not sold on the Character switching at all and it feels far too gimmicky
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - not decided on if I want the PC version or the PS5 Version yet, I will be getting a 3080 at some point next year, so not sure
But on release, Demon's Souls and Spiderman may be my only ones this year, the rest I can wait on at that point for New Years sales (AC always goes down in price super quick), plus there are a few PS4 games that I wanna finish up like Days Gone and a replay of God of War before the second one is out

Aside from games, I may pick up the headset depending on reviews, I have a HyperX Revolver S currently but the added extras for the PS5 may require me to go with a new one just for that

I also forgot about the Free to Play stuff as well, so Fornite, Destiny and Warzone, saying that I may stick to PC for them, I already bought the Deluxe edition of Destiny: Beyond Light on Steam anyway

Last edited:

Hondo4

Nov 6, 2016
Anyone have info on The pathless? The showed it at their August state of play and said it will be out later this year so i assumed it was a launch tittle

Kupfer

Nov 20, 2018
European here, release same day as Cyberpunk, so no need for a ps5 game.
I will play more ps4 games than ps5 games in the beginning, because i think the launchgames all look pretty boring. Hogwarts is still the most interesting one, maybe that's gonna be my first ps5 game.

Last edited: