• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 LOAD TIMES - was the hype real?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
From loading on PS4, XBO? I know PS4 might not see much improvement.

I dont think this thread is about comparing to other next gen consoles, just in general vs last gen consoles.

there is a huge jump from PS4 to ps5 or Xbox one to Series X. Just not seeing any diffrence between series x and ps5.

Sniff sniff

What's this??? Someone is enjoying a SONY product?!?! Better get my club and crawl out of my cave to go do battle online.

Surely me spouting an unrelated opinion will really show those idiots they aren't actually having fun with their new toys!!!
CPauywK.png

Calverz Calverz gor a warning yesterday for console warring. I'm sure he will be gone soon enough.

SkylineRKR

Been playing destiny 2 on both Xbox and ps5, don’t notice much of a difference If at all.

Destiny 2 has the longest load times of all the PS5 games I've seen. But its still twice as fast as PS4. You should try it on PS4 again, Fast travel takes a minute on that system. But granted the 30 seconds PS5 does is still slow ass. I figure a current-gen tailored Destiny 3 will be much faster.

An example, a cold boot from the UI to Demon's Souls direct boss fight (no traveling between archstones) + defeating the boss and switching off the PS5 took not more than 5 minutes in total. Just goes to show how efficiently i spent those 5 minutes of my time playing the game rather than waiting on loading screens. The hype is real and hype will continue!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not completely eliminated, but it has really been a game changer with Demon's Souls.

TheTurboFD

All you need to do is die a few times in Bloodborne and wait for load times then go to Demon Souls on the PS5 to realize the greatness.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I can't really notice much difference between PS5 and Series X on load times. Maybe one is faster than the other, but I haven't taken out my stopwatch. I've only played Demon Souls and Miles Morales for next gen on the PS5 though.

Yoboman

Yeah I think its one of those things we will adjust to quickly though

It will only be if you ever go back and turn on a last gen console that you wonder how you put up with this shit before

Zbone

Neo Member
I'm playing Demon's Souls and it's glorious.

I just booted up Animal Crossing on Switch and thought the game had crashed because loading felt like forever.

Last edited:
It's phenomenal. Even Borderlands 3 on ps5, a last gen game with a patch, takes approximately 8 seconds to load from menu to game, and less than 2 seconds to fast travel or change maps. The best part of the new gen in my eyes. As a fulltime working adult who still loves gaming, this is music to my ears.

I’ll just add my comment to the list. Load times are gone and it’s amazing. I am really surprised how amazing it actually is. It makes such an incredibly large difference to everything. It is truly what they said it is.

Rudius

Dirt 5 is my only PS5 game and is blazing fast but I don't think its better than the XSX version. I think the difference will be more in real time features than in load times compared with the competition. Compared with previous generation the hype was real in both machines and is all that I wanted from this generation and more (in 2018 I was dreaming with 64GB of SATA 3 SSD cache, but then again I expected 399 machines).
PS5 digital is 399, with 1 second loading in exclusive games.

Radical_3d

PS5 digital is 399, with 1 second loading in exclusive games.
Because Sony is taking a big hit if you give up buying 3 months old games for sale, selling your owned games, buying for less than 80€ on retail, and speeding the transition to a dreadful all digital future where the physical format will be for collectors, just as vinyls are.

Top Bottom