• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Logo Attracts Double the Attention of Xbox Series X Reveal on Instagram

To be fair, it could've been made (a lot) clearer, that I think it is getting out of hand from both sides. It's one thing to praise your own side or to actually post something with substance, but a lot of the posts lately have been low-effort and from time to time outright trolling. It's a shame, really.
To be fair to those trolls (I happen do that from time to time) there is not much to add until we have hard information (however the current set of rumors tend to give the raw horse power advantage to the Xbox series x).

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That's just embarrassing for MS.
Sony just reveals a logo and walks off stage with a straight face.
It's of "£299 *mic drop*" proportions of
giphy.gif

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
wait, you're telling me that more people have a Playstation than Xbox? More people are interested in the successor to the console they currently own?

well, i never!

the only news here is that demand will be high at launch so if you want your console at launch you better preorder or you end up waiting 2 months before getting it

Raven117

Gold Member
Mixed frozen vegetables and a can of baked beans microwaved in a bowl. The secret to great struggle meals is to prep before the struggle hits and have a lot of herbs and spices.
Makes sense.

A huge chunk of the PlayStation audience skews on the younger side -- and we're talking on a global scale here, so lots of dirty Android users.

Microsoft has a smaller audience overall, but that audience is older, typically makes good money and own iPhones.
Haha what?! Some made up bull sheet right here

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
This is super interesting, OP.
Like, bruh...... how fucking much of a tool do you have to be in order to be hyped up by a fricken logo? And these guys are hyped up in droves -- over a single. Simplistic. Mediocre. Logo. Reveal.

Lol. That's fucking sad.

Gavon West

It always had a bigger audiance and has always been a more desired product and more popular world wide.
If I were a Sony fan, id be insulted. A fucking logo???

Holy shit! They've basically been off the radar since E3 last year. And when its time to show something, they show a logo and Sony fanboys go nuts! Lol

That's not a very good image in my opinion. You're effectively telling Sony it's okay to treat you like lemmings.

But, okay....

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Where’s that post a Resetera mod did cringing that people are console warring over logo likes? He did it yesterday or the day before

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Holy shit! They've basically been off the radar since E3 last year. And when its time to show something, they show a logo and Sony fanboys go nuts! Lol

That's not a very good image in my opinion. You're effectively telling Sony it's okay to treat you like lemmings.

But, okay....
z2CvR6.gif

SLB1904

Banned

But, okay....
People are taking the piss. The logo is just as same as the ps4. Sony fans are chill. There is too many games to be released. Thats why people dont care. They will announce whenever its ready. Its 2020 they will show everything this year. Sooner or later lol

Psykodad

Banned
People are taking the piss. The logo is just as same as the ps4. Sony fans are chill. There is too many games to be released. Thats why people dont care. They will announce whenever its ready. Its 2020 they will show everything this year. Sooner or later lol
Don't bother. They are already convinced that people are fanboying over it.

People who are aware of a logo announcement are making fun of the reveal, the rest are people who are unaware of the reveal and are just happy to see confirmation of a Playstation 5.

Then there are "those" people..

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned

But, okay....
Sony fans are ok, we have many AAA games to look forward to this year on PS4, what is likely some of the best games this gen...….After Lou2 drops in May or Tsushima in the summer and we have played it a tonne, we will be looking forward to seeing and hearing about PS5 games in September.....

Hey, I'm trying to figure, what else could be on a Sonyfan's mind atm except; ......FF7, Dreams, Lou2, Nioh 2, Wild, Predator, Tsushima, Yakuza LAD.....etc.....

Gavon West

Sony fans are ok, we have many AAA games to look forward to this year on PS4, what is likely some of the best games this gen...….After Lou2 drops in May or Tsushima in the summer and we have played it a tonne, we will be looking forward to seeing and hearing about PS5 games in September.....

Hey, I'm trying to figure, what else could be on a Sonyfan's mind atm except; ......FF7, Dreams, Lou2, Nioh 2, Wild, Predator, Tsushima, Yakuza LAD.....etc.....
Thats........great! Im sure Sony fanboys are excited about the upcoming games for Playstation (granted Sony wont be the only ones with first party bangers). So why the fuck are you guys all giddy about a fricken logo?? Thats literally the definition of being a tool. Lets not forget this statistic comes from IG of all places -- which is weird. But........

Psykodad

Banned
Thats........great! Im sure Sony fanboys are excited about the upcoming games for Playstation (granted Sony wont be the only ones with first party bangers). So why the fuck are you guys all giddy about a fricken logo?? Thats literally the definition of being a tool. Lets not forget this statistic comes from IG of all places -- which is weird. But........
You do realize that people are just making fun of the logo, right?

Ryu Kaiba

But, okay....
We have an entire year of shitposting to enjoy , you're just being impatient. Enjoy the wars.

Last edited:

xiseerht

I mean ...... Microsoft shows the system , specs , and a freaking game . And some Sony fans were like " meh" And Sony shows just the logo for PS5 and they act like the next generation is already over and Sony won. We have got to do better .

skneogaf

This is why the xbox series ☓ has to be more powerful than the ps5 as Sony has fans that will only take any Interest in PlayStation.

Microsoft need companies like digital foundry to show just how much better the multi platform games will look for xbox to retake customers.

Ryu Kaiba

Most created the false hype about PS5 reveal in the event when everyone knew it wouldn't be the case. They play the "we were all fooled" narrative now which is just bad journalism being bad journalism.
Can't stand when "Journalists" act like they speak for everyone.

meirl

Banned
I’d be salty too at 100 million consoles sold and over a billion software. Can’t win ‘em all.
This article is funny too. Must read. LOL

"It's my favorite moment of CES 2020 so far. The perfect reflection of a brand so confident in its position as the No. 1 console on the planet that its response to a full product reveal by its biggest rival was a logo announcement.

what the fuck is wrong with people? is this real life? seriously?!

Casual world is PS :messenger_heart:
People forget that only hardcore and press knows about PS5 (it was revealed at Wired).
CES was the first place Sony showed news about PS5 to the world.

I totally expect that to happen again in November:

giphy.gif
People are just hungry for any bit of Sony info. I personally think, they should have countered with something more hard hitting. The pendulum of the mind sways in the other direction the longer they stay silent. (In some people)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
More popular doesn't always translate to better. If nothing else though, it's great marketing. Now all they gotta do is prove the 9.2 Tflops wrong and it's classic underpromise (by proxy) and over-deliver.

Otterz4Life

And the Series X reveal video (which requires more engagement) has like 9.3 million views. It takes no time to drop a like on an IG post.

Sony fanboys are just thirstin for something, ANYTHING to get excited about. Sony has been stringing these poor things along for over a year now with almost nothing to go on.

Maybe we’ll get a grainy cell phone shot of the PS5 soon! Don’t abandon hope!

thelastword

Banned
Casual world is PS :messenger_heart:
People forget that only hardcore and press knows about PS5 (it was revealed at Wired).
CES was the first place Sony showed news about PS5 to the world.

I totally expect that to happen again in November:

giphy.gif
Such excitement, such joy, aren't their other products to be excited about?

Top Bottom