• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Logo Attracts Double the Attention of Xbox Series X Reveal on Instagram

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
YC7BeEy.jpg

Microsoft: Claims their console has more flops than the competition
Sony: we'll balance it out with instagram and twitter likes

13,2>12

Game over Microsoft

Last edited:

SNG32

I don't even know why this is newsworthy PS4 is sitting at over 100 million right now. Of course they are going to have more likes than Xbox.

thelastword

Banned
Makes sense.

A huge chunk of the PlayStation audience skews on the younger side -- and we're talking on a global scale here, so lots of dirty Android users.

Microsoft has a smaller audience overall, but that audience is older, typically makes good money and own iPhones.
This is pretty close to Hilary's "deplorables" comment, but I know you were just joking though.....Hilary was not...or are you?

Just goes to show the massive gap between the two. It's not a rivalry when one side always wins.
Could have fooled me.....Someone told me MS gave this gen away to Sony on a silver platter.....I was thinking that maybe MS won all the gens before 360 including the 360 generation.....Precedent had to fuel such thoughts I was thinking...... 🤔

mejin

"Less than 48 hours after it was posted, the PS5 logo image has amassed almost five million likes and 136,000 comments, easily surpassing the second-placed image post, Fortnite’s Avengers Endgame crossover announcement from April 2019 (2.7 million likes).
The analysis includes what VGC understands to be the top 20 most popular video games and video games company accounts and does not include video posts or influencer profiles.
Below Sony’s PS5 post Fortnite dominates the most popular image post rankings, with over 150 individual posts each receiving more than one million likes.
At the time of publishing, Xbox’s Series X reveal post has just under one million likes. The FIFA 20 and FIFA 19 cover reveals have 1.5 million and 1.1 million likes."

Psykodad

Banned

"Less than 48 hours after it was posted, the PS5 logo image has amassed almost five million likes and 136,000 comments, easily surpassing the second-placed image post, Fortnite’s Avengers Endgame crossover announcement from April 2019 (2.7 million likes).
The analysis includes what VGC understands to be the top 20 most popular video games and video games company accounts and does not include video posts or influencer profiles.
Below Sony’s PS5 post Fortnite dominates the most popular image post rankings, with over 150 individual posts each receiving more than one million likes.
At the time of publishing, Xbox’s Series X reveal post has just under one million likes. The FIFA 20 and FIFA 19 cover reveals have 1.5 million and 1.1 million likes."

You can say what you want, but Xbox PR has work to do.

PocoJoe

Banned
It's usually the brain dead consumers that can't tell the difference and lack the will to research the new console.

And +50% of humans are "braindead".

So it is even more braindead to fight against that instead of naming stuff so that even derpiest derp understands it, right?

Even my smart gaming friend asked "what is that?" When I sent him the pic of new xbox with text "this is new xbox series x haha".

Naming is Bad, deal with it.

If Sony would name next Playstation as "playstation series pro" it would be as stupid

The fact that GAF is already filled with this much console wars bullshit before the consoles are even out tells me that this place is going to absolutely unbearable by the time they're out.
Possibly the best time around to get the popcorn and drinks because we're going in on one hell of a ride!

Psykodad

Banned
Every day, Spencer is talking some shit and paid articles are coming regularly to promote xbox. So, they are already working hard.
I know.

That makes it even worse, given that Sony literally just has to change a 4 into a 5 and create more hype.

nocsi

Makes sense.

A huge chunk of the PlayStation audience skews on the younger side -- and we're talking on a global scale here, so lots of dirty Android users.

Microsoft has a smaller audience overall, but that audience is older, typically makes good money and own iPhones.

lol as someone that's done work intimately across various groups within xbox, everything you've said is wrong.

meirl

Banned
Makes sense.

Ture, I mean sony even releases android phones, even their TVs do have Android, so it makes sense.

SleepDoctor

Banned
A moral victory for social media likes? 😳😳😳

This shit is basically the special Olympics 🤣🤣🤣. I guess sony fanboys have to celebrate something since they've been crying over the rumored specs for the consoles.

The hilarity continues 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Banned
well negative news (which is in this case the lack of news) always draws more attention, and the pure boring nature of both what was said yesterday and the design of the logo are great potential for memes.

literally noone searches XBox Series X... let's look at a global scale of Xbox vs PlayStation
unbenanntwuj9c.png

JLB

Banned
well negative news (which is in this case the lack of news) always draws more attention, and the pure boring nature of both what was said yesterday and the design of the logo are great potential for memes.

literally noone searches XBox Series X... let's look at a global scale of Xbox vs PlayStation
unbenanntwuj9c.png

Cocaine and used panties. This is getting interesting.

Stuart360

unbenanntwuj9c.png
giphy.gif

Klayzer

A moral victory for social media likes? 😳😳😳

This shit is basically the special Olympics 🤣🤣🤣. I guess sony fanboys have to celebrate something since they've been crying over the rumored specs for the consoles.

The hilarity continues 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Damm dude. You still pissed off from those PS numbers. Turn the page already! I hope these rumored specs are correct, just so this board can watch you beat your chest in triumph, as if you had won the lottery.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Damm dude. You still pissed off from those PS numbers. Turn the page already! I hope these rumored specs are correct, just so this board can watch you beat your chest in triumph, as if you had one the lottery.

Pissed? Lol I couldn't care less. I I've owned both since last gen but nice try bud. Thanks for proving my point tho. Special Olympics indeed 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

SleepDoctor

Banned
Says the guy that kept posting in a topic that he doesn't care about. Special indeed

Lol i was posting about ces, its cute you have an obsession with me tho 😉.

Trying to repeat over and over to yourself that im mad in order to try and make yourself feel like you're making a point is funny tho 😂😂.

Either way i can't take "grown" men obsessed with cartoons seriously. Enjoy your day son.

Great Hair

Banned

unbenanntwuj9c.png

:p

PS2+PS3+PS4 = 344 mill.
XB2K1 + 360 + XBone = 180 mill.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Lol i was posting about ces, its cute you have an obsession with me tho 😉.

Trying to repeat over and over to yourself that im mad in order to try and make yourself feel like you're making a point is funny tho 😂😂.

Either way i can't take "grown" men obsessed with cartoons seriously. Enjoy your day son.
Get a bottle of ointment for that blue rash. Enjoy your day as well son.

Top Bottom