• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Logo Attracts Double the Attention of Xbox Series X Reveal on Instagram

thelastword

Banned
Mid-season form already, are we guys? I see Snoy fans are so eager to dunk on someone they will use literally made up metrics to do it.
What's a Snoy fan?

The first to 10 million instagram likes wins the generation.
I understood that reference, "way back from 2013"......

You can say what you want, but Xbox PR has work to do.
But, they are working so hard...…….we're all inundated with XBOX PR......Titanfall, power of the cloud, DX12 chip, crossplay, Most powerful console, E3 etc..etc...….They are working their PR guts so hard, whatever else will they do?

Tomeru

xbox-one-x-a.jpg

xboxseriesx.jpg

Thats just two boxes with the same controller.

🤔

This article is funny too. Must read. LOL

"It's my favorite moment of CES 2020 so far. The perfect reflection of a brand so confident in its position as the No. 1 console on the planet that its response to a full product reveal by its biggest rival was a logo announcement.

Clickbait, but it's true.

Why in the FUCK would MS release a reveal trailer that they weren't 110% sure would make people piss themselves?
Like, there's nothing in the reveal trailer that makes ANYONE say: "Oh God, I NEED Nextgen nowwwww!"

Complete waste of time revealing it like that.

CJY

Banned

Kagey K

Banned
This article is funny too. Must read. LOL

"It's my favorite moment of CES 2020 so far. The perfect reflection of a brand so confident in its position as the No. 1 console on the planet that its response to a full product reveal by its biggest rival was a logo announcement.

The reveal of the case is a full product reveal now? Nobody even knows how many ports are on it never mind what's inside.

This is getting to be a bit much now.

Last edited:

shaddam

well negative news (which is in this case the lack of news) always draws more attention, and the pure boring nature of both what was said yesterday and the design of the logo are great potential for memes.

literally noone searches XBox Series X... let's look at a global scale of Xbox vs PlayStation
unbenanntwuj9c.png

Im from Hungary. I was really suprised to see xbox at the top spot. This is a plyastation nation now (and was before except for the x360)

You mean even the NPC s?

If anything they will let you play by killing nobody or very few people... Which I think is a useless design goal.

I really liked the pace of the first TLoU game, so hopefully they don't stray too far.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
A “passionate gamer” can tell the difference between a console from 2017 and 2020 .. a casual gamer can know by asking if it’s the latest. Up your excuses game it’s weak
Well at least I know everything about consoles and gaming system... But the casual costumers dont have it. So will be more hard to find the difference.

OsirisBlack

Banned
The fact that GAF is already filled with this much console wars bullshit before the consoles are even out tells me that this place is going to absolutely unbearable by the time they're out.
i actually am optimistic that it will die down a lot next gen. I think their will still be system exclusive my games are better than your games are bickering. I think that will be the only thing to argue about.

Just goes to show the massive gap between the two. It's not a rivalry when one side always wins.

well ps2 beat og xbox obviously since it was brand new to the market but in most regards the 360 beat the ps3 in just MS’s second try.

Just because Sony played the perfect hand after MS’s E3 debacle, which caused the snowballing that eventually caused Sony to pull so far ahead, doesnt mean this gen is a shoe-in to dominate again.

Anything can happen and it shouldnt be surprising to see a more level playing field this gen, unless of course you are a fanboy of one particular corporation or another

The fact that GAF is already filled with this much console wars bullshit before the consoles are even out tells me that this place is going to absolutely unbearable by the time they're out.

i genuinely will never understand the concept of being a fanboy of a particular corporation. Its such a silly thing to do.

well ps2 beat og xbox obviously since it was brand new to the market but in most regards the 360 beat the ps3 in just MS’s second try.

Just because Sony played the perfect hand after MS’s E3 debacle, which caused the snowballing that eventually caused Sony to pull so far ahead, doesnt mean this gen is a shoe-in to dominate again.

Anything can happen and it shouldnt be surprising to see a more level playing field this gen, unless of course you are a fanboy of one particular corporation or another

The PS1 dethroned Nintendo on Sony's first try, and by a HUGE margin, so what's MS's excuse? Their best gen they came in last, behind Wii and PS3. The PS brand has won 3 out 4 gens, with the one they "lost" coming in a very close 2nd. They know what they are doing. It's not being handed to them every gen.

Really, the best MS can hope for it retaking NA, but it's going to be nowhere near the domination that 360 saw there. Many are going to stick with PS4 since PS5 will be B/C at launch and they will have a library of PS4 games. EU is PlayStation land and Japan isn't going anywhere near the XBSX.

Watched the video. Guy is pretty reasonable

He actually used to be a Xbox guy. He changed to PS last year because Xbox kept letting him down. He finally played some PS exclusives and was blown away. My guess is there will be quite a few people like that next gen who stick with PS.

FStubbs

Pretty sure PS3 outsold 360, even with one less year on the market. It was close though, meaning that Microsoft had to do everything just right and Sony had to do everything wrong just to make it close.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Sony still in the driver seat. As long as they don't duck up their narrative as bad as Xbox at the beginning of this generation they will start amazing out gate

Top Bottom