• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 official event June 4th cancelled - new date TBA

While I would agree. Normally. Microsoft has been getting their ass handed to them for a whole generation, I think they will have something to show.
While I would prefer if they had something to show, I will say that they always have had something to show.

The question is more; will they deliver, that may take years to know (they got 15 studios we are bound to see at least a couple of really good games from them over the next few years).

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It's that time of year, folks, when we start wishing away time so we can see new games and a piece of plastic. Why don't we just embrace the moment, love each other and calm down a little. It's coming soon and wishing time away is silly ... OH FUCK OFF, GRIBBLE!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Meowzers

If there's a hype train, then I'll just walk alongside it with armbands as it will end in the water anyway.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
First party-wise:
  • Demon Souls Remake (gameplay)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (gameplay)
  • Gran Turismo (gameplay)
  • Spider-Man (teaser)
  • Ratchet and Clank (trailer)
  • Wild (trailer)
  • Factions (wild-card)
3rd party-wise
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (trailer)
  • Batman (teaser)
  • Harry Potter RPG (trailer)
Just my guesses. I hope we see heavy gameplay for Horizon and Demon souls if anything.
They should go all out and reveal everything they have coming within the next two years.

Gravemind

Looking forward to the showcase, but keeping my expectations in check. I refuse to get hyped up for another next gen showcase so early.

The games that will have gameplay ready for showcase will likely have been in development for a few years already, and will likely be nothing mind blowing. They will probably be nothing more than suped up current gen games.

The games that will be truly "next gen" will likely have just recently started their development, and will probably be shown off with teaser or cinematic trailers.

Do I see games like HZD2 or Spiderman 2 having true gameplay trailers? Probably not, if I'm being honest. I'm expecting announcement trailers for those games, if anything, similar to the Assassins Creed Valhala trailer.

The same goes for Microsofts July event. I'm just not getting my hope's up for a tonne of mind blowing gameplay for next gen games.

Looking forward to the showcase events nonetheless however.

Hostile_18

Banned
My predictions:

1: Game console will be revealed.

2: PS4 Backwards compatibility will be clarified with examples shown.

3: Select PS1-3 games available digitally with more added over time. (Not disc based 😭).

4: Smart play will be revealed for first party games. Third party optional. Dreams, Last of Us 2 and Ghost PS5 versions confirmed, free upgrade for people who own the game.

5: No price.

6: Game reveals; Horizon Zero Dawn 2. Demon Souls: Remake. New Call of Duty, Harry Potter, Spiderman 2 (still a year away), Resident Evil 8, Gran Turismo 7, Bioshock (still a year away), new Uncharted (not Naughty Dog).

7: One last thing.... Silent Hill: Remake.

8: Pre-orders available now. Coming late October.

Last edited:

MrMiyagi

Banned
Looking forward to the showcase, but keeping my expectations in check. I refuse to get hyped up for another next gen showcase so early.

The games that will have gameplay ready for showcase will likely have been in development for a few years already, and will likely be nothing mind blowing. They will probably be nothing more than suped up current gen games.

The games that will be truly "next gen" will likely have just recently started their development, and will probably be shown off with teaser or cinematic trailers.

Do I see games like HZD2 or Spiderman 2 having true gameplay trailers? Probably not, if I'm being honest. I'm expecting announcement trailers for those games, if anything, similar to the Assassins Creed Valhala trailer.

The same goes for Microsofts July event. I'm just not getting my hope's up for a tonne of mind blowing gameplay for next gen games.

Looking forward to the showcase events nonetheless however.

Maybe they won't show their biggest ip's but remember that they showed Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous SS back in February 2013. I also remember they didn't show the actual console back then, just the controller. They did that 3 Months later and then also had games like the Order 1886 on stage.

Eliciel

We need a dedicated coal mine for that Hype Train to make it to the 04th June. This is going to be a Long, Long Ride...

cragarmi

Heres my predictions:
Bluepoint games announcement will surprise many.
Silent Hill will be in first person, for the most part.
Guerilla Games shows Coop game play, and instant fast travel.
Sizzle reel of PS4 games with enhancements.
We will NOT see Spiderman.
Squarenix shows a new timed? Exclusive IP.
Crash is back, for another timed exclusive.

We will see the box, UI, but no price.

II_JumPeR_I

For sure there will be multiplats in the event. But I'm more excited for the exclusives since they are focused on the system itself. They should give us an early peek at what next gen should look like.
I dont care about the Sony games. They are just not my cup of tea.

I really hope some interesting 3rd party game/s pop up. Something that wows me. So far i havent felt like the need for a new console yet.

But im not expecting much from this event either. This years "E3" is just meh

THE:MILKMAN

Here is my day 1 Sony launch game predictions:

Housemarque AAA game: An action game with a unique element/USP?
Insomniac: Ratchet and Clank. Casual/family game.
Bluepoint: Demon's Souls. Hardcore niche game. A small part of me still thinks the Jason Schreier "hints" could be a ruse to keep the real game a surprise, but probably not.
Polyphony Digital: Gran Turismo 7. Racing game. Could easily slip past launch but a lot of hints from GTPlanet about it being a launch game.

*Bonus. Complete surprise game nobody sees coming.

Third-party would then fill in the rest:
COD
FIFA
AC
BF
CAPCOM
Square-Enix

Possible launch window games:
HZD2
Silent Hill

Probably missing a lot here, and wrong about most of it, but this is what I got.

Hostile_18

Banned
I dont care about the Sony games. They are just not my cup of tea.

I really hope some interesting 3rd party game/s pop up. Something that wows me. So far i havent felt like the need for a new console yet.

But im not expecting much from this event either. This years "E3" is just meh

If the Sony IPs wernt for me I'd defo go X Box this gen. 🤔

Hostile_18

Banned
God I hope you're right.

How has this been playing out during earlier generational shifts? Did retailers always begin taking preorders before the actual prices of the consoles were revealed?

I think they just use placeholder prices? Bit of a weird one this conference as it's right in the middle of the two PS4 ones. Who knows what they will reveal.

Jayjayhd34

God I hope you're right.

How has this been playing out during earlier generational shifts? Did retailers always begin taking preorders before the actual prices of the consoles were revealed?

If pre orders where going live I would think amazon etc would have pre order pages up where you get notification when there up. I hope I'm wrong though.

yurinka

Anyone here’s have any guesses when preorders will go live?
Whenever they announce date and price, which I assume won't be soon. Maybe in late August or early September. Around typical Gamescom/TGS dates.

You will see crossgen a lot...
No, this isn't a Microsoft conference. All 1st and 2n party Sony games will be next gen only. All 1st party and 2nd party MS games will be crossgen.

Here only (most, not all) 3rd party games will be crossgen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
My predictions:

1: Game console will be revealed.

2: PS4 Backwards compatibility will be clarified with examples shown.

3: Select PS1-3 games available digitally with more added over time. (Not disc based 😭).

4: Smart play will be revealed for first party games. Third party optional. Dreams, Last of Us 2 and Ghost PS5 versions confirmed, free upgrade for people who own the game.

5: No price.

6: Game reveals; Horizon Zero Dawn 2. Demon Souls: Remake. New Call of Duty, Harry Potter, Spiderman 2 (still a year away), Resident Evil 8, Gran Turismo 7, Bioshock (still a year away), new Uncharted (not Naughty Dog).

7: One last thing.... Silent Hill: Remake.

8: Pre-orders available now. Coming late October.
That would be incredible, I don't see 1/2 of it happening unfortunately.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
SONY fans are thinking to themselves "I'll never have the hardware of Xbox Series X" but when you start thinking of SONY you think of Horizon, Kratos, etc. a group of AAA games, likable marketing (Kevin Butler) virtual reality, SONY has a legacy.

Top Bottom