• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 official event June 4th cancelled - new date TBA

Bartski

Gold Member
Don't you always want to rewatch it in better quality anyway? I just tend to look at the obvious details in my first watch of things like the GoT SoP then go back again for a 4K direct-feed watch afterwards. In fact I tend to view reaction versions on the initial watch for more hype, so its even lower quality and smaller on the screen, then I can rewatch it and pause and nitpick it afterwards.

edit - My internet is 400Mbps down and I'm in a major city and the streams suck for me too, don't think it can be helped so I just accept that I'll watch it twice, there aren't that many of these things so I relish doing it.
sure I do rewatch it but for this time I just thought there might be a way... so it's youtube then

REE Machine

Banned
ILSsM7k.jpg
I laughed way harder than i should have for this lol

Geki-D

Banned

I'm guessing that's a very liberal translation for the "touchpad", just like the PS4 pad already has. I'm pretty sure it's confirmed already Dualsense has a touchpad.

We'll see for backward compat. PS2 & PSX shouldn't be a problem in terms of emulatation, the question is if Sony is willing to have a DVD & CD compatible drive in the PS5 to actually run the games, otherwise it'll be all digital. I'm pretty sure the PS4 doesn't run CDs, for example. PS4 games, otherwise is a given. The biggest mystery is PS3 because PS3 emulation is a massive pain.

IMO Sony need to expand PS Now to have a shit ton of legacy games and turn it into a historical library of Playstation content.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm guessing that's a very liberal translation for the "touchpad", just like the PS4 pad already has. I'm pretty sure it's confirmed already Dualsense has a touchpad.

We'll see for backward compat. PS2 & PSX shouldn't be a problem in terms of emulatation, the question is if Sony is willing to have a DVD & CD compatible drive in the PS5 to actually run the games, otherwise it'll be all digital. I'm pretty sure the PS4 doesn't run CDs, for example. PS4 games, otherwise is a given. The biggest mystery is PS3 because PS3 emulation is a massive pain.

IMO Sony need to expand PS Now to have a shit ton of legacy games and turn it into a historical library of Playstation content.
Sony NEEDS to get software BC for PSOne, PS2, and PS3 to happen on commodity x86 HW or at least PS5 based blades, they cannot keep PS3 based blades up and running and increase them in numbers too... for how many years they want to keep manufacturing CELL on an old process for?

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Sony NEEDS to get software BC for PSOne, PS2, and PS3 to happen on commodity x86 HW or are least PS5 based blades, they cannot keep PS3 based blades up and running and increase them in numbers too... for how many years they want to keep manufacturing CELL on an old process for?
I assume for streaming they could just switch to PC based for all of them. PSX & PS2 emulators are pretty much perfected at this point (though right now on PS Now there are no PSX games and all PS2 games -20 of them- are actually rejigged versions for PS4 with trophy support). The problem is PS3 though we've seen a decent PS3 emulator hit recently. Hoping that Sony have more means than the open source volunteer teams working on public emulators now, maybe they can knock up a decent emulator solution to move away from actual PS3s within the next few years.

Of course for the PS5, onboard software PSX & PS2 emulators seem more than possible but I can't imagine PS3 being a thing.
That's definitely fake. I don't think Sony is going to put "PS 5 kept you waiting huh?" in their marketing material.
It's very cool but using PS3 unreleased games in there and the Killzone 2 target concept as KZ4 clearly shows it as being fake.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

It may be fake, but the people who did have an awesome piece for a CV reel to use in job interviews :D. Well done... I hope it is true though hehe 😂.

It may be fake but I really really want Black on my PS5 haha, the login screen had me laughing too: Giuseppe, Kaz and Phil (with the XSX Commando meme lol).

TGO TGO window seat on the train please!
Far too late for a window seat. The train has turned Indian already.

EDIT: There actually are lots of window seats available. So tiny.

Last edited:
Far too late for a window seat. The train has turned Indian already.

EDIT: There actually are lots of window seats available. So tiny.

y’all better wear masks on the train, I don’t want yucky germs

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

THE:MILKMAN

I wonder if the new San Diego teams game will be ready to show on Thursday? Some say it will be a new Uncharted or maybe The Order sequel?

I can feel the hype building now and possible game reveals are racing through my mind.....

Joey.

Oh baby!

June 4th....lets do it!!

Anyone know if games will be revealed as well? Or just console talk?

I wonder if the new San Diego teams game will be ready to show on Thursday? Some say it will be a new Uncharted or maybe The Order sequel?

I can feel the hype building now and possible game reveals are racing through my mind.....

While I wasn't a huge fan of The Order, as a whole, I always said that a sequel that expands/fleshes out the gameplay could be awesome. There are pieces in place there, the world, the technology, for an awesome franchise. I would be all over a sequel Day One if we get it.

I dunno what the sales numbers were

Shin

Banned
Apparently a Technical Director at Square-Enix Japan forwarded a Tweet saying you'll want to watch the event.
The tweet is now deleted. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

140928ee5eeiegegf1hefg.jpg

Some other info about the GPU (supposedly):

Last edited:
Sorry if this was already posted, I tend to miss things more and more these days (my brain is turning to mush)

Jim Ryan - we want to recreate the excitement of being in an E3 auditorium

“Normally you would be in Los Angeles in some auditorium with 2,000 other people,” boss Jim Ryan told the BBC. “You'd be able to cut the adrenaline and the testosterone with a knife. We've got to find a way to do that and give the community little bit of a jolt. When you watch the show next week, I think you'll see that we've been able to do that.”

He made a similar statement when speaking with Games Industry.biz: “That’s the challenge I've set the teams: try to get that community, the 100 million people – and all of the people who don't have a PlayStation we'd like to talk to – just as excited as if they were in the E3 auditorium, or if they were watching the stream.”

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I'll repost my prediction on this thread

I believe we will see how the console looks like either from a tweet before the event this coming week or on the video stream itself. It's too close to manufacturing time for PS5 so they better if showing it before design is leaked.

As for the games reveals I think it will mainly be a first party showcase with only a few 3rd parties sprinkled in.

Horizon 2 - This is a guarantee, Guerilla games tweeted the event, it's been a while since the original. I reckon this game will show the power of PS5 the most. Probably have a fight with a flying robot dinasaur grapple onto it flying past the world in a crazy fast speed destroying it midair and come crashing down. Will be a good showcase of the PS5 with its fast loading of the world like the Unreal 5 demo when the protagonist flew past the world. Sony has already gave a example of travelling in a world super fast with Spiderman tech demo.

Ratchet and Clank Sequel - Sony has stated she buying inSomniac Ratchet and Clank will be a key franchise for them. The last one sold quite well, Ratchet is also featured in the PS Studio intro logo. This game would be a great showcase of the adaptable triggers and Rachet games have a variety of crazy weapons so the triggers changing when equipping different weapons would be a great showcase.

Demon's Souls - worse kept secret out of all the Sony exclusive games. Bluepoint have been hunting at a next gen game since the wired article they have also tweeted about this event.

Silent Hill - another rumour that can potentially be true though not as strong as the Demon's Souls rumour. Why I think it's possible, well we had that Silent Hill update for Dead by Daylight. Also Team Siren haven't made a game since Gravity Rush 2 which was a while back. Team Siren teaming up with the original Silent Hill leads could potentially happen.

Gran Turismo 7 - We gave had that logo leak. Also it's tradition Sony at least show a racing game for the PS5 unveiling. Unfortunately Evolution isn't around anymore as well as Liverpool. So it's up to Polyphony to show their game as they are the only Sony Dev who makes racers. I think the next Grab Turismo can also be developed faster by reusing the same assets from Sport. You could say perhaps Sport was the prologue go the eventual 7.

Arrowhead Games New IP - Not a first party studio but I believe they are making a exclusive for PlayStation 5. Helldivers came out over 5 years ago.

FIFA - FIFA is the biggest gaming franchise in the world. Sony have a history of having the marketing rights to this franchise. Because the PS5 event is a week before EA Play event it makes perfect sense for EA to have their grand unveiling of the next FIFA at the PS5 event and to say check out more about this game at our EA Play event next week.

Call of Duty - We are overdue a COD announcement. We usually get one in May. So it makes sense they are holding out and to have the game revealed at the PS5 event. Sony have a history for having the marketing rights for COD. With COD and FIFA being at the PS5 reveal they have 2 of the biggest gaming franchises at their event for mainstream appeal.

Harry Potter - I reckon this game will finally be shown off at the PS5 reveal. Harry Potter is a huge franchise so Sony having this franchise at their PS5 reveal will get them mainstream media attention. The game also looked quite ready with the leaked video.

Far Cry 6 - I was originally going to say Watchdogs 2 but that game has already been shown numerous times. It would be more exciting for Sony to show off a new game from Ubisoft and Far Cry 6 is already rumoured to be in the works. As Microsoft has marketing rights to Assassin's Creed I think Sony will take the marketing rights for Far Cry 6.

Capcom New IP - I was going to say Resident Evil 8 but if Silent Hill will be shown in this event I think Capcom will show something else here.

Square Enix New IP or Final Fantasy 16 - Square Enix has always been a pioneer of the latest tech and I think they will be showcasing something here and would want to get involved.

Finally I also think Sony will briefly show some features of the UI including showcasing of the fast loading of a game, new social features, voice navigation and commands, starting a multiplayer game instantly or starting a specific mode in a game instantly. Showing some sort of game information without needing to launch a game (e.g showing rankings, stats, etc).

I think all of the above could easily be shown in a 1 hour and half stream.

Harry Potter - I reckon this game will finally be shown off at the PS5 reveal. Harry Potter is a huge franchise so Sony having this franchise at their PS5 reveal will get them mainstream media attention. The game also looked quite ready with the leaked video.

There was a tweet today from one of the gaming news sites (I cant find it now) that said something about Harry Potter RPG getting release info soon. You could be onto something

I...I just joined this community, this is my first post.

I look forward to seeing Goku go Ultra SSD with ps5. While the second fiddle will remain with super average SSD NVME with a revolutionized I/O architechture that will change the way games are made.

It's time for chad to show why he is chad, thus june 4th will be hype.

Jokes aside, i look forward to seeing this.

Eliciel

this is taking too long already, I cannot find anymore sleep until Cerny is finally showing us what the next generation will be like!!!

Top Bottom