• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 owners: your next-gen console may die at any second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crashes, corruptions, and system breaking bugs, the PS5 is off to a rocky start. full article below.

Are there really many problems with the PS5 or the article writer is exaggerating? any PS5 owners here that had any problems with the console?

Another article, steps to follow to avoid PS5 issues

-do not use USB
-do not use LAN
-do not unplug during transfer
-do not use external hard drive
-do not use rest mode
-do not use the ethernet
-do not use a different HDMI
-do not use functions on your TV

Last edited:

NoviDon

Thats why I always wait till the following summer/fall to get a next gen console so I know I'm getting one with the production errors ironed out.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
img.jpg

Crashes, corruptions, and system breaking bugs, the PS5 is off to a rocky start. full article below.

Are there really many problems with the PS5 or the article writer is exaggerating? any PS5 owners here that had any problems with the console?

Another one, steps to follow to avoid PS5 issues

-do not use USB
-do not use LAN
-do not use rest mode
-do not use the ethernet

-do not use your PS5

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Another one of these threads. Have any data or just more social media echo chamber FUD by xbots? Any article that points to message boards or says "as numerous users are reporting" is based on hersey and anecdotes. There are 1m+ PS5 out there, so scouring Twitter for some complaints is not scientific.

-do not use USB
-do not use LAN
-do not use rest mode
-do not use the ethernet

I do all of those.

Last edited:
Only a small % of people have been having issues, I wouldn't worry about it
Eh, I'd say one system is definitely having a pronounced amount more issues than another, and to a point where several people in review and game journalism are having their consoles brick or experience serious problems, and that's not exactly a large group of people. While overall it may be a small percent, it's a small percent on a millions scale.

There's reason to be concerned.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Of course, the thing people like the OP forget is that for a lot of reports to have come in about console failures, it must mean they have sold a metric shit ton of Ps5s...

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
How many threads do we need for this? I’ll just make another now so we fill the entire first page.

do you know what could “die at any moment?” Literally any other consumer electronics device. They all have an inevitable death. Someone please tag this with “cringe” and “drama”

Last edited:

MrS

Banned

-do not use USB
-do not use LAN
-do not use rest mode
-do not use the ethernet

Pretty sure half of this list has already been disproven. Major issue is data transfer and playing games from HDD iirc.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

-do not use USB
-do not use LAN
-do not use rest mode
-do not use the ethernet

Imagine posting brain dead clickbait from a disreputable website that tries to sensationalize the fact that consoles have a failure rate like any electronics.

Imagine posting brain dead clickbait from a disreputable website that tries to sensationalize the fact that consoles have a failure rate like any electronics.
Well one platform is having more issues and failures than another, so it's not "like any electronics".

It's not an even swath, something is either more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom