• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Price Predictions

Select 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlexxKidd

6b59d965cf890c7db40693f34feee324.jpg

The PS5 DE caught me off guard. I know it will be cheaper then the disk version but I'm still on the fence on the amount. Either 50$ less or 100$.

Rodolink

i think the difference between the all digital would only be 50bucks, to make ppl tend to the more expensive version.
if it were 100 difference its like saying hey get the digital one future is here.

Yams

Starting to believe it'll be higher than $499. Microsoft primed the market for that price point with the One X. If the PS5 was also $499 they would have announced it by now.

The Shepard

£399.99 ($523) Digital

£449.99 ($589) Disk

UK price includes 20% tax and I've converted that straight to USD without taking it back off as I know you guys pay tax differently.

Last edited:

Abear21

Banned
Crazy the Pro is still $399 and I’m surprised Sony hasn’t announced a price drop or slim version. With that I went $499-$599 and can see them saying Covid surcharges blah blah and really the PS3 at $599 wasn’t really a mistake when you look back at the outcome. MS doesn’t have a killer app even if they undercut so what’s stopping them? For the Players when we all know it’s really what’s for the healthy bottom line.

Last edited:

dcx4610

$499 Digital
$599 Physical

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony takes a loss though and does $399 for digital though. They want people to go digital and I can could see them making the price enticing to get people to go fully digital. Hardware doesn't make them much money - software does.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I'd imagine it'll probably go a little over/under the expected estimates.

Something like €529.99 for the base model and €479.99 digital.

In what world would removing a disc drive slash $100 off the price?

The XBO ADE was only $50 cheaper than the regular.
It traps the consumer into thier ecosystem to purchase inflated priced software. They would take the initial hit to collect that overhead over the life of the console.

Zok310

Banned
PS5 $948-$894 total at checkout - console $599-$549, accessories $59 each (1 DS, 1 Cam, 1 Charger, fuck the remote), headset $99.

PS5 $894-$839 total at checkout - console $549-$499, accessories $59 each (1 DS, 1 Cam, 1 Charger, fuck the remote), headset $99.

PS5 $839-$785 total at checkout - console $499-$449, accessories $59 each (1 DS, 1 Cam, 1 Charger, fuck the remote), headset $99.

PS5 $785-$731 total at checkout - console $449-$399, accessories $59 each (1 DS, 1 Cam, 1 Charger, fuck the remote), headset $99.

Here in NY the price above is what you looking at with tax and with 1 of each accessory, that's a fuck ton of money if this pans out, the lowest you looking at is $730 total!

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
PS5 $948-$894 total at checkout - console $599-$549, accessories $59 each (1 DS, 1 Cam, 1 Charger, fuck the remote), headset $99.
PS5 $894-$839 total at checkout - console $549-$499, accessories $59 each (1 DS, 1 Cam, 1 Charger, fuck the remote), headset $99.
PS5 $839-$785 total at checkout - console $499-$449, accessories $59 each (1 DS, 1 Cam, 1 Charger, fuck the remote), headset $99.
PS5 $785-$731 total at checkout - console $449-$399, accessories $59 each (1 DS, 1 Cam, 1 Charger, fuck the remote), headset $99.

Here in NY the price above is what you looking at with tax and with 1 of each accessory, that's a fuck ton of money if this pans out, the lowest you looking at is $730 total!
Sony headsets historically suck. I’d wait on that one

Another generation of not being able to use my Bluetooth headphones or earbuds. Thanks for nothing Sony. Still gonna use my wired goods on the dual sense but it's not the same.

Poll closes today. Get your bets in before it's too late, good folks! Xbox poll is still running for another week.

My spontaneous reaction was that the Digital Edition would be $100 cheaper than disc. But the more I think about it I'm not sure that it makes sense to take a substantial loss on that specific SKU when digital games are quickly overtaking physical anyway. I now think there's about equal chance of DE being $50 cheaper as of it being $100 cheaper.

$499 is the only possible price I see for the disc version though.

THEAP99

Banned
Yeah, but how many other 3d head sets will be out there cheaper than the official headset, they most likely gonna be around the same price.
The way the PS-5 audio works, 3D audio will work with any headset if cerny is to be believed

supernova8

Banned
I'm late but I think:

PS5 Regular - $499
PS5 Digital - $349

Might sound crazy but don't underestimate how eager Sony are to get us switched over to fully digital. Plus, if XSS really come out around $299 then a full-fat PS5 just minus the drive at $349 is the perfect way to kill it dead in the water. This is a console launch being fought on two fronts for the first time ever.

Last edited:

fermcr

I'm surprised Sony is so scared of Microsoft that they still haven't announced the price...

Seriously, they have little to be scared about. PS5 will outsell Xbox by a lot.

Top Bottom