• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

--PS5 reportedly struggling with Resident Evil 8: can barely run it at 1080p/60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zheph

Its easy to tell his good leaks come from someone at Capcom QA... you can tell when he "adds value" to the info he has

assurdum

Banned
Not to defend Dusk but personally FPS seems far from butter smooth on ps5 and when the things become a little more complicate, it takes a hit in several spots. But going against Dusk opinion I have big doubt the situation on series X will be drastically reversed looking to the DMC SE. Maybe improved but not in a drastic way.

Last edited:

Zheph

Not to defend Dusk but personally FPS seems far from butter smooth on ps5 and when the things become a little more complicate, it takes a hit in several spots. But going against Dusk opinion I have big doubt the situation on series X will be drastically reversed looking to the DMC SE. Maybe improved but not in a drastic way.
its pretty good except in that room with the big chandelier, i think that's great considering the game is out in a few months...

assurdum

Banned
its pretty good except in that room with the big chandelier, i think that's great considering the game is out in a few months...
Yeah but every time capcom release a demo hardly the final code shows FPS improvement that's why I'm a bit skeptical about the whole perfomance in such game.

John Wick

But we don't know how old this build they released is? Also most games really improve in the last quarter of development.

Zheph

But we don't know how old this build they released is? Also most games really improve in the last quarter of development.
It's also a bit that won't be in the final game so how much optimization has been done on it really? I think we on for a treat, it looks pretty sweet already

yurinka

PS5 will cost 60.000 yen, 599$
All developers are struggling with PS5 games at 4K
Microsoft is waiting for Sony to announce the PS5 price, they're going to undercut them.
RE8 struggles to run at 1080p 60 fps ( the first actual demo that is probably old code as well is 4K60fps with ray traced stuff).
The whole "Silent Hill on PS5 about to be announced" saga that should have been directed by a guy who actually recently left Sony.

He said ton of bullshit, period.
You're right that he got some things Capcom related right, but it's also clear that he adds tons of personal bullshit to the mix.
He lied in many other things, like mostly everything related to Street Fighter and Yoshinori Ono. He said they did restart SF6 development and delayed their launch originally planned for 2021 when Capcom already mentioned way before several times that they will support SF5 during the same amount they supported SF4 series (this means, until 2022) and that SF6 would be released before that, that it would require approx. the same time compared to the original SF5 release than SF5 launch needed compared to the original SF4 release.

He said Ono was the director of SF6 and later tried to rectify saying he was the producer. When the reality is that he was executive producer of the SF games and there was a second separate guy who is the director of the SF games and a third guy who was the producer.

He said Ono was demoted and replaced by a female, when he wasn't demoted, wasn't replaced by anyone and there is no female in a remotely similar position at Capcom. As reason, he mentioned the failure of SFV (the 10th best selling game in Capcom history, with a comeback that even became the cover story in the Capcom annual financial report for the year they released their best selling game ever) and SF6 development going wrong (when its production according to Capcom still wasn't started back then).

These claims are also wrong if we try to link that to the fact that months later Ono left Capcom and retired, mentioning as reason that the pandemic did fuck the very ambitious eSports plans they had for last year (which even included to put Street Fighter at the Tokyo Olympics) and that required a huge investment from Capcom to the point even the CEO said eSports was going to be one of their main focus for their next decades (again, they wouldn't do it if they would consider SF5 a failure).

And well, he almost is 50 years old and had health issues in the past due to stress and overwork becase had several roles inside Capcom, so I assume that combined to the fact that he should have a good amount of money working as executive during many years he may have decided to retire early, or at least to stop working for a while to take a rest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom