• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 - Resistance: Fall of Me

partime

Am I the only one still struggling to pickup a Playstation 5 at MSRP or bundled?

WTF where are you guys grabbing them, and at what time? The only readily available ones are at stockx.com and damn, they over charge you + add an additional $100+ for shipping & handling. If I'm going to pay 800+ for a console, it better damn well be bundled with other accessories & games.

Every day I've checked BestBuy, Walmart, Gamestop, Costco, Antonline, with no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Am I just unlucky?

Anyone else out there in my shoes?

WTF I JUST WANNA PLAY MY F@*#* PLAY@#^%$TATION 5

* sorry for the resistance reference

sainraja

Am I the only one still struggling to pickup a Playstation 5 at MSRP or bundled?

WTF where are you guys grabbing them, and at what time? The only readily available ones are at stockx.com and damn, they over charge you + add an additional $100+ for shipping & handling. If I'm going to pay 800+ for a console, it better damn well be bundled with other accessories & games.

Every day I've checked BestBuy, Walmart, Gamestop, Costco, Antonline, with no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Am I just unlucky?

Anyone else out there in my shoes?

WTF I JUST WANNA PLAY MY F@*#* PLAY@#^%$TATION 5

* sorry for the resistance reference
I've been hoping to pick one up but its not been easy. I never was very proactive in searching for it. If I came across it, I would have got it but I came across XSX instead so went with that for now.

Aion002

Yes! All stores are against you! I just went to a mall and there was hundreds of ps5 available!!!

/s

Joking apart... Me too... I am extremely thirsty for a ps5! But the only option I have right now is to buy one to receive next month... I am almost giving in...

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
The scalpers price in the UK has come down loads. Once you factor in ebay, PayPal and postage costs they don't make much at all.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I've had a chance to get a few of them I just have zero interest in the system and don't really understand the hype

Also if PS5 had interesting launch titles like Resistance I'd feel differently

Shivvy24

I saw resistance, I opened, I am sad. Dat title deception,, anyways yeah besides resellers, it looks very hard to get one atm, I'm always checking sites and all, even though I have one lmaoo

Kayoba

From a well known online retailer in my country, they had protection against botters from day one.

Preordered and got mine in the second wave in December.

kretos

Banned
damn you for that title

565a4j7e.gif

MiguelItUp

You may have a better chance getting one at a physical retailer at this point. But man, I dunno, I've seen SO many retailers updating with stocks lately. Though I'm sure they're being hit with bots unfortunately. :(

Hang in there and keep at it! It'll pay off soon enough! <3

HeresJohnny

It's fucking ridiculous that there are consoles everywhere on Ebay for a grand, but you can't ever get one at a store for MSRP. Sony fucked this up bad.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Would be kind of crazy if the shortages keep up through all of 2021, it would all but ensure that both consoles will be successful if they end up at 10-15 million sold each......
Not that I was really worried about either one selling, but imagine some other generations where one console struggled against its competitor out of gate - mitigated completely by general gaming demand/shortages.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Are you the only one? Have you been living under a rock for the past two months to not notice how badly people (me included) are struggling to snatch a piece?

RCU005

They are easier to find them in Mexico. You’d pay $650 + shipping and import fees (maybe) but at least it’s MSRP and not from a scalper.

Gandih42

The first new shipment of 2021 came to my country a few weeks ago. They were made available through two electronics stores : At one, they were literally sold out in seconds. The other held a lottery to let you buy one (which I did not win).

So don't worry OP you're not the only one. God damn though, would love to see me a new Resistance game.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Just wait for the PS5 Slim

Angelcurio

Check out the Playstation Discord channel. People get heads up really quickly when things get posted. How I got my Brother one.
Thats how I got mine. They gave everyone a heads up about a target restock in december, and I was able to buy one as soon as it got online. They aren't always accurate, but they have even instant notificacions whenever the console is in stock in any store.

saintjules

Thats how I got mine. They gave everyone a heads up about a target restock in december, and I was able to buy one as soon as it got online. They aren't always accurate, but they have even instant notificacions whenever the console is in stock in any store.

Nice! They used that API (I think it's called that) shortcut link for Walmart. Put the PS5 right in the bin. Done deal in a few seconds.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Look on the bright side, you wait a bit more and by the time you get one you will get 3 next gen games for the price of one with all the discounts going on by then.

HarryKS

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a PS5. I have not seen one in person, I have not been able to pre-order one, I have not been able to purchase one within 30 seconds of stock coming online.

Conclusion : it does not exist.

Top Bottom