• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 sales are 100k below PS4 launch aligned in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think this is one area where covid can be blamed. Cross gen games, delays, bugs, NOT the pandemic's fault but the chip shortages are a real thing that is affecting every single industry that relies on these chips.

I heard that there was a washing machine shortage due to this stuff last year. lol

good chance for xbox to win over spain
Good joke..
jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Dabaus

Banned

iHaunter

PS4
46 weeks 360k
Source: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/playstation-4-sells-360-000-units-in-spain-7-1-ps4-xbo.912200/

PS5
44 weeks 250k
Source: https://www.gamereactor.es/ventas-espana-nba-2k22-le-hace-un-buen-tapon-a-tales-of-arise/

Supply is still really bad.
UK has also no 1 million units sold announcement yet.
US sales will drop below Ps5 launch aligned after September NPD
In Japan, PS5 is still ahead, tho.
I mean... is that because it's not selling? Or literally they can' buy any because there aren't any? Click-bait title as always.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I think the PS5 is only selling better overall because the PS4 install base is so strong and sony marketing is effective on them.
imo the PS5 and next gen overall is just less exciting in general, more cross gen, dimininishing returns and in sonys case the PS5 and its games are expensive.
Once the hardcore fans have got the PS5s I think sales will go down a bit.
Its interesting because apart from the PS3, playstation consoles have always been going for the mass market and afordable option. Its not easy for sony because they want to be the affordable mass market option and the premium AAA box. Its hard to be both great value/affordable and the premium AAA brand.

Was PS4 and Xbox One sales still 100% dependent on available stock a year after launch? No. These comparisons are pointless until supply can get close to demand.

ReBurn

Gold Member
This tells me that Spain makes up probably around 2% of PS5 sales. That's mildly interesting I guess.

Keihart

I think this is one area where covid can be blamed. Cross gen games, delays, bugs, NOT the pandemic's fault but the chip shortages are a real thing that is affecting every single industry that relies on these chips.

I heard that there was a washing machine shortage due to this stuff last year. lol
Isn't the chip shortage happening because of the push of smart cars? i remember watching a Linus video about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom