• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

PS5 Screen flickering

Dec 7, 2008
Just picked up my PS5 today and right after setup i noticed the screen is flickering right on the main menu. Like if you go into settings, the areas where the words are flicker.

Connected to a Somy Bravia 4K HDR set, same hdmi port and tv i had my PS4 Pro on that worked perfectly. Is my system fkd right out of the box or is there some setting or something i need to adjust? Hoping someone ran into this and fixed it :(

Inviusx

Jan 4, 2016
Do all the normal stuff when troubleshooting. Swap HDMI cables, swap ports in your TV. Reset your TV settings to default. Update the PS5 firmware, update your TV firmware.

If after all that you still get flickering, you might have a dodgy unit.

Reactions: kikii

timmyp53

May 26, 2013
USA
^ I dont think any store has spare stock. Makes me wonder how new those consoles actually were.

Arun1910

Sep 11, 2013
^ I dont think any store has spare stock. Makes me wonder how new those consoles actually were.
UK stores have stock in store that they don't advertise online so it's possible other places are doing the same

Last edited:

Omeggos

Jan 12, 2018
UK stores have stock in store that they don't advertise online so it's possible other places are doing the same
Best Buy is a huge company in the US though. They’re usually one of the first to run out alongside Walmart and target.

Captain Toad

I advertise for PlayStation. For free.
Dec 1, 2020
Just an update, after trying different cables, ports etc the issue continued.

Best Buy was fantastic and had me bring it back today and exchanged it for a new one today! Just set the new one up and all is perfect!! Other system definitely had a bad GPU

Glad it worked out.

• Love
Reactions: sloppyjoe_gamer