• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Showcase |OT| (09/16/20 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK / 6am AET)

TheAssist

People already be like: Man there is nothing to play on PS5.
Meanwhile, games that are probably coming out within the first year (sometimes also on PC but not on XBox)

Final Fantasy 16
Ratchet and Clank
Demon Souls Remake
Spiderman
God of War
Deathloop
Kena
Horizon Forbidden West
Destruction All Stars
Little big Planet thingy
BUGSNAX
Ghost Wire Tokyo, God Fall
Gran Turismo 7
Little Devil Inside
Quantum Error
Returnal
Stray

So how many games does The Series X/S have in its first year?
The PS Plus collection is a good idea for people who didnt own a PS4 this gen or are coming in late. Obviously there are no next gen game on it since next gen hasnt started yet. But it probably explains the rumors why Sony has been cashing out at a lot of publishers. It was to get those deals. I mean those games are all killer no filler depending on your taste in games.

But just like gamepass its not aimed towards those who buy all the games they want at launch. Its for the value oriented gamer. Both PS Plus and Gamepass seem to offer good value at the start of next gen.

UnNamed

Banned
Meanwhile, games that are probably coming out within the first year
tumblr_n2hvqsYInH1qci23co1_500.gif

Humdinger

My quick impressions...

FFXVI - looks good, though I'm not a big FF fan. I'm assuming this is an SP game. Exclusive, but no release date or window, so I'm also assuming it's a ways off.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales: wow, looked beautiful. Glad I recently played Spider-Man. I feel prepared. Exclusive for the holiday.

Hogwarts Legacy: This looked surprisingly good to me. I got a Fable vibe. Not announced as exclusive, though I heard someone else suggest it might be timed exclusive. Can anyone clarify?

CoD: looks good, for those who like CoD.

Village (Resident Evil): Not into horror games, but I know plenty of people are.

Deathloop: I like the original premise and the sense of humor. Seems like the artificial/mannequin look of the characters would break immersion? Q2, exclusive.

(skipping over a couple)

Demon Souls: looked very atmospheric, and I'm sure Bluepoint did a great job with it. I heard it's coming out at release? Though that wasn't announced at the show. Not my kind of game, but I know a lot of people are excited for it.

PS Plus Collection: So, if you're a PS+ member, you can download almost all the PS4 exclusives. Okay.

Ragnarok: Wondering if this will be a full-blown sequel or a Lost Legacy/Miles Morales type spinoff. 2021 will be a great year, if they have God of War, Ratchet and Clank, and Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden West.

Price: Exactly what I expected. Fine with me.

Overall impression: Very good show, better than the first one (much less emphasis on small or "kiddie" titles). Standouts for me were Spider-Man MM, the Harry Potter game, and the God of War teaser.

Ar¢tos

Death Loop and Demon's Souls both looked interesting to me, but I can play both on the PC I already have.
Sure, but most likely long after others already got tired of the game on ps5. Releasing the game at the Same time on pc would be dumb. They know there will be double dippers.

beck_

Demon Souls is not coming to PC (at least not for 1 year+), the asterisk at the end of trailer was a mistake, sony has taken it down to edit it out.

Great Hair

Banned
great show, easy an 8 for me due footage of Demon´s Souls. Still waiting on how the BC works, if there is even one ... or how the gui is. Boot up Sound etc. Are we perhaps getting 1x extra show around TGS?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Sure, but most likely long after others already got tired of the game on ps5. Releasing the game at the Same time on pc would be dumb. They know there will be double dippers.
Why do I care about when other people play what is a singleplayer experience for me? I don't. Picked up a ps4 on black friday last year, worked my way through tlou remaster, HZD, tlou2, ghost of tsushima, still have uncharted collection and god of war ready to go. I'll enjoy them when I play them too. Next time Bloodborne is on a deep discount I'll get that too.

Last edited:

mistakable

Neo Member
My quick impressions...

FFXVI - looks good, though I'm not a big FF fan. I'm assuming this is an SP game. Exclusive, but no release date or window, so I'm also assuming it's a ways off.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales: wow, looked beautiful. Glad I recently played Spider-Man. I feel prepared. Exclusive for the holiday.

Hogwarts Legacy: This looked surprisingly good to me. I got a Fable vibe. Not announced as exclusive, though I heard someone else suggest it might be timed exclusive. Can anyone clarify?

CoD: looks good, for those who like CoD.

Village (Resident Evil): Not into horror games, but I know plenty of people are.

Deathloop: I like the original premise and the sense of humor. Seems like the artificial/mannequin look of the characters would break immersion? Q2, exclusive.

(skipping over a couple)

Demon Souls: looked very atmospheric, and I'm sure Bluepoint did a great job with it. I heard it's coming out at release? Though that wasn't announced at the show. Not my kind of game, but I know a lot of people are excited for it.

PS Plus Collection: So, if you're a PS+ member, you can download almost all the PS4 exclusives. Okay.

Ragnarok: Wondering if this will be a full-blown sequel or a Lost Legacy/Miles Morales type spinoff. 2021 will be a great year, if they have God of War, Ratchet and Clank, and Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden West.

Price: Exactly what I expected. Fine with me.

Overall impression: Very good show, better than the first one (much less emphasis on small or "kiddie" titles). Standouts for me were Spider-Man MM, the Harry Potter game, and the God of War teaser.
Totally got a fable vibe from that hogwarts game... if it is like that then it might actually convince me to pick it up.

wipeout364

Terrible show, only highlights for me were that Sony came in with a good price, Demon souls looks great, Deathloop looks even better than I had hoped. Miles Morales was basically a movie almost no gameplay unless you count QTE's as gameplay, Final fantasy XVI is a good exclusive but looked pretty far out, everything else was not exclusive or meh. To me the big thing was the PS4 collection or whatever they called it, basically looks like extremely limited backwards compatibility that may be behind a paywall. Anyway I will still try to get a launch PS5 but if I can't it doesn't look like I will be missing much in the early days as I have already played Demon Souls on PS3.

Zimmy68

Man, I knew it was coming but that $100 up-charge for a disc drive sucks.
It should realistically be more like $50.
I have no interest in the disc-less version so I'm stuck.

GeorgPrime

Banned
People already be like: Man there is nothing to play on PS5.
Meanwhile, games that are probably coming out within the first year (sometimes also on PC but not on XBox)

Final Fantasy 16
Ratchet and Clank
Demon Souls Remake
Spiderman
God of War
Deathloop
Kena
Horizon Forbidden West
Destruction All Stars
Little big Planet thingy
BUGSNAX
Ghost Wire Tokyo, God Fall
Gran Turismo 7
Little Devil Inside
Quantum Error
Returnal
Stray

So how many games does The Series X/S have in its first year?
The PS Plus collection is a good idea for people who didnt own a PS4 this gen or are coming in late. Obviously there are no next gen game on it since next gen hasnt started yet. But it probably explains the rumors why Sony has been cashing out at a lot of publishers. It was to get those deals. I mean those games are all killer no filler depending on your taste in games.

But just like gamepass its not aimed towards those who buy all the games they want at launch. Its for the value oriented gamer. Both PS Plus and Gamepass seem to offer good value at the start of next gen.

And for those who didnt have a ps 4 they can pickup the PS4 clllection on PS+

hussar16

Terrible show, only highlights for me were that Sony came in with a good price, Demon souls looks great, Deathloop looks even better than I had hoped. Miles Morales was basically a movie almost no gameplay unless you count QTE's as gameplay, Final fantasy XVI is a good exclusive but looked pretty far out, everything else was not exclusive or meh. To me the big thing was the PS4 collection or whatever they called it, basically looks like extremely limited backwards compatibility that may be behind a paywall. Anyway I will still try to get a launch PS5 but if I can't it doesn't look like I will be missing much in the early days as I have already played Demon Souls on PS3.
i think this showing and ps5 release is the weakest of any generation. the games look like ps4 pro pro, no info about the resolution and framerate upgrades for last gen games actuually no mention about specs and tech at all which shows theyr hiding something, dmc 5 is running at 1080p at 60 fps i kid u not

Genx3

Sony needed to raise game prices to cover their losses.
It is a business in the end and they must stay profitable.
That is why I rather pay full price for HW so that the software prices can stay reasonable.
Guess something had to give for that $400 price.

Kagero

So for people who have experience with Console launch Pre orders. Does tomorrow mean midnight, or more like 9am or somewhere close to that?

nordique

PS4 is 630$ in Canada

500$ for digital

I would guess most people here will be getting the one with the disc drive, for physical releases. On one hand, it is nice Sony is not giving us a 1:1 USD price

On the other hand, slightly more expensive than the One X at launch, but crossing the mental "599 vs 600$" barrier might have an effect on some consumers here

We are a small market, but still

:/ wish they matched MS here as well

Last edited:

nordique

Sony knocked it out the park by delivering a full spec $400 PS5 minus the UHD drive.

Impressive

I must agree, that is impressive for the specs. Digital is not for me as I like physical and the inevitably more impressive deals that come with physical releases, but that price point itself is impressive, for a full spec'd system

Top Bottom