• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Showcase |OT| (09/16/20 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK / 6am AET)

cormack12

Gold Member
t1600286400z4.png

download.jpg

Where to watch
Twitch
Official youtube
Playstation website

The ads

The speculation
Rockstar making an appearance
FFXVI ready to be teased
TLOU: Factions to be shown
Price (FINALLY)
Preorder details
Release date
Mini teardown
PSVR2
Confirmed Launch titles
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Horizon: FW
Backwards compatability clarity
PS5 UI/UX
PS5 OS details (social/trophies/dash/save transfer/apps)
Battlefield 6
Silent Hill
Elden Ring
Demon's Souls

Loads of other shit we're gonna hype in this thread!!!!

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Hype. Well, I have a game at 7, but I'll watch it after.

Date and price, obviously, I'm calling 449/399 on November 3rd or 17th. Extensive UI and feature breakdown. Some stuff to push PS Now, probably some kind of "buy a PS5 digital at launch and get 6 months of PS Now" type deal.

I think you might get one big new game announcement that teases something far down the line. Small God of War teaser maybe. But mostly a showcase of what we've already seen. Rockstar may once again pay to have an RDR2 on PS5 ad at the beginning before the show starts.

Karmic Raze

I can’t wait for this event. Finally knowing when I can get my pre-order in will be oh so satisfying. I hope to see the UI, more of the launch line-up, and some surprises. I really hope Silent Hill is a thing, Final Fantasy XVI would be dope, and anything else they want to throw at us surprise-wise would be extra hype.

makaveli60

I can't wait, though I don't have high expectations, based on that all gaming events have been a fucking joke this year. Looking back, the PS5 reveal was not that bad, but only compared to the others. Nevertheless, if they show the following, I will be happy, everything else will be just extra for me:
Miles Morales gameplay
Demons' Souls gameplay
Backwards compatibility info
Price and release date

Elysion

Banned
It seems there's a good chance that tomorrow we're going to witness the reveal of the first new mainline Final Fantasy game in eleven years (or fourteen years, if we don't count MMOs).

It's pretty astounding if you think about it. Since the reveal of FF13 and Versus/15 back in 2006, two Playstation generations passed by, and countless gaming franchises were born and died.

I'm really looking forward to see the new character designs, art direction, aesthetics, tone etc. of the new entry. Fourteen years of Lightning and Noctis are enough.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I can't wait, though I don't have high expectations, based on that all gaming events have been a fucking joke this year. Looking back, the PS5 reveal was not that bad, but only compared to the others. Nevertheless, if they show the following, I will be happy, everything else will be just extra for me:
Miles Morales gameplay
Demons' Souls gameplay
Backwards compatibility info
Price and release date

Yeah I have very modest expectations. A price - preorders and release date should be enough for me.

scydrex

I expect $499 for Standard, $450 for DE.

Lets gooo 🔥

That or i wish $400 $450 but i don't think so. Is gonna be $450 $500 because i think Sony knows it has lower specs but the ssd and thd other stuff make it a better the than the X and to lose less money probably.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
That or i wish $400 $450 but i don't think so. Is gonna be $450 $500 because i think Sony knows it has lower specs but the ssd and thd other stuff make it a better the than the X and to lose less money probably.

PS5 and X differences are the smallest we have ever seen in history. Its just we have one brand with proven games quality record vs the other with very mediocre output.

40 mins though?

With Sony always late to start their own show, will this be 30 mins?

Will it be 40 mins of bangers or 8 bits of 5 mins?

Either way, more next gen info is sweet

Last edited:

mistakable

Neo Member
I said 449 was possible but thinking about it I reckon 499 and 399 is more likely... and I reckon they've made more of the digital editions than the disc drive sku... so when its sold out everyone buys the digital.

I do not see them having a teardown at all. The majority of the people that will be watching do not give a damn about the insides of a console. Have that done separately a bit later on...

The I/O complex and the SSD, the controller (the sound block appears to be beefier too)...They have sacrificed the CU count for the sake of other elements, but they are technologically just as advanced. I am betting on a $449/499 combo, which would be just right on account of what is offered via the box.

Arun1910

Probably the only event this year that sounds interesting to me. Would love to see the UI for the console, and seeing some more of the speculative games in the OP would be nice.

Just_one

Its gonna be something along these lines :

PS5 UI reveal and features
PS5 PS4 Retrocompatibility clarity about what games will be playable
PS5 Launch Games Lineup
New Spiderman Miles Gameplay
New Godfall Gameplay
New Demon Souls Remake Gameplay
Silent Hill Annoucement
PS5 Price , Release date and pre-order Date

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Had a dream last night that the ps-5 event happened & disappointed everyone due to lack of new game announcements & underwhelming next gen gameplay. Can't remember if price was announced or not.
Sounds less like a dream and more like a nightmare. :messenger_face_screaming:

EDIT: Actually can you vacate this thread? You bring bad vibes with you! Maybe delete your post as well. We only need positive energy at the moment!

Last edited:
Top Bottom