• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Showcase |OT| (09/16/20 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK / 6am AET)

Md Ray

FarLastingGalapagosdove-size_restricted.gif

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Going to be an interesting show.

I assume we will see FFXVI and one other big third party timed exclusive, more COD, Demon Souls launch window, and a potential GOW II announcement.

I don’t think either console has made a great case to upgrade yet but I think Sony still has some gas in the tank before launch.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Gimme UI's, BC details.. lots of gameplay of the stuff out soonest.

Don't care about: 3rd party exclusivity deals, way off games (particularly ones we know are coming like GoW 2) and endless cutsenes

I was very impressed with Project Awakening the trailer,I got Dragons Dogma vibes from it.I hope it’s not canceled like Deep Down was.I waited years for Deep Down but nothing came.

Last edited:

Vtecomega

Banned
Well as per usual I have lots of hope and wishes but when it comes to Playstation it is usually Naughty Dog that comes to mind first.
They are the best studio in the gaming industry and all recent games (especially on PS4) have been amazing and with Neil Druckmann being in charge they elevated even further and are making games for a more mature and educated audience looking for depth beyond gameplay and they are the ones I trust most to deliver that again on the PS5.
A new IP would be nice, but I feel like it is too early for that. Then there is also the Uncharted Sully off spin rumor but no idea if I should believe that. (Would be cool though)

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Humdinger

I'm going to keep my expectations moderate. Their last show was good, but it wasn't great. It had a lot of boring stuff, sandwiched in between a handful of good moments. This may be the same.

Well as per usual I have lots of hope and wishes but when it comes to Playstation it is usually Naughty Dog that comes to mind first.
They are the best studio in the gaming industry and all recent games (especially on PS4) have been amazing and with Neil Druckmann being in charge they elevated even further and are making games for a more mature and educated audience looking for depth beyond gameplay and they are the ones I trust most to deliver that again on the PS5.
A new IP would be nice, but I feel like it is too early for that. Then there is also the Uncharted Sully off spin rumor but no idea if I should believe that. (Would be cool though)
Ok, Neil Druckmann.

VN1X

Banned
It was a real game?

How am I only discovering this now for the first time?
I mean granted you can clearly see it's a step back in a lot of aspects (and it was a very small and contained demo to boot) but visuals as seen in those gifs earlier are definitely not impossible, especially today.

There's footage out there where they pause the tech demo and go around the assets and what not but I can't find it.

EDIT: Actually said footage might've just been that multiplayer demo. So yeah the initial reveal for Deep Down was probably just an 'in-engine' render on PC.

Last edited:

sol_bad

It's the 16th in the UK now.

Later today, the speculation ends. It's been a long and bumpy ride.

It's on at 6AM in Australia so I have a whooooole day of work to get through. Followed by trying to keep myself entertained in the evening so I don't pass out from hype. Then a 6 hour sleep.

schaft0620

My prediction:
Dreams update w/ DLC
TLOU2 Multi-player
Something Battlefield
COD
Death Stranding
Spider-Man in Avengers w/ MM suit + PS5 features
2 minutes for each launch games, (Demon's Souls, Spider-Man, NBA, Godfall, 1 UBI game, Sackboy, BugSnax,
RE8 gets VR support
Something big PS4 shown ported to PS5 like Persona 5 Royal, GoW, Ghost, Red Dead).

$499/$399 11/13

Matsuchezz

Mmmm since MS showed some CGI traillers for games that are in pre-production stage, I think sony can do the same, but instead of CGI they can run real time demos, for a few games that WW studios have in the oven, I would expect 2 or 3 of those trailers to be shown. and my most expected game could be Silent Hill reboot and a Naughty Dog Game new IP. I am not excited by a new Final Fantasy with emo characters but a remake of the 9th installement or a new FF with medieval theme would be sweet. I am not holding my breath for BC but if we cannot have that a remake or Vagrant Story would kick so much ass, I know Yasumi Matsuno will no longer take big massive projects due to health, but it would be nice he oversee the project as a consultant.

sendit

Mmmm since MS showed some CGI traillers for games that are in pre-production stage, I think sony can do the same, but instead of CGI they can run real time demos, for a few games that WW studios have in the oven, I would expect 2 or 3 of those trailers to be shown. and my most expected game could be Silent Hill reboot and a Naughty Dog Game new IP. I am not excited by a new Final Fantasy with emo characters but a remake of the 9th installement or a new FF with medieval theme would be sweet. I am not holding my breath for BC but if we cannot have that a remake or Vagrant Story would kick so much ass, I know Yasumi Matsuno will no longer take big massive projects due to health, but it would be nice he oversee the project as a consultant.

Hoping they don’t. Showing CGI is such a low bar. If they don’t have real-time footage, I would rather them not show it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom