• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Showcase |OT| (09/16/20 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK / 6am AET)

Barakov

Sony hit it out of the park with this one. $500 means I'm buying this sooner than later. God of War 2 : Raganrok is one hell of a name. Demon's Souls made my nipples erect. Alright Sony, when can I preorder?

This needs to be said AGAIN : 12 Teraflops means fuck all if you don't have the games.

Sign

still can't believe the digital version is $100 cheaper. I would just go digital, makes no sense to buy the disc unless you have a big ps4 library and want to consolidate your entertainment area setup

I've bought 2 disc games for ps4 this entire generation and will probably get the one with a disc drive. Just like to have the option.

jonnyp

FFS Sony. Why could you not show some more of HFW and it's supposed to come out next year? You only have a logo for GOW Ragnarok but it's also coming in 2021? But you show more of Deathloop and Oddworld.... sigh.

The people who make these showcases just don't have their fingers on the pulse of their audience.

At least Spider-Man looked epic.

DonF

God of War Ragnarok, FF XVI and price/date is more than enough for me, not the greatest show but thats all what I wanted

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In the top 3 worst shows have seen.
The price would have been great before the show.
All the games look bad in parts
Basically current gen looking games. None of them shown were next gen.

Best part of the show were the price and free games.

(Edit: games only for PS+ subbers. I thought it was free downloads for anyone buying a PS5)

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
HE1DdmB.jpg

Journey

Banned
lol that would be such a dick move. "So we could've had this price all along but figured you suckers would pay more. Guess we'll do it now that we have to." Maybe if they acknowledge that it's because of "competition" but they would probably frame it as them just being so kind

How do you know Sony didn't react though? they've never waited this close to launch to reveal the price, so clearly they were playing chicken with MS

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
They'll just put out a limited edition black PS5 for $599 a few months later. just watch.

I personally want like, a red one, or maybe silver...

Last edited:

cucuchu

I'm betting they originally had $449 targetted for the digital version but decided to cut it down a notch to put it within a similar price range to the series S...similar enough to swap people to just plop down another 100 and go for a full blown next gen console vs the castrated version Xbox's next gen console.

Last edited:

Kadve

No launch Lineup announced yet either. They got to have some first party exclusive right that's not a remaster?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m still not sure what games we are getting for launch other than spider man and GodFall.

From the stream I liked FFXVI and I’m excited for next God of War game.

"Now you know", yeah, a great pussy stance for the market leader. If Microsoft hadn't revealed their prices we still wouldn't know shit.

But I applaud the aggressive DE pricing, never wanted to believe that 399 price tag. I hope no one buys it, since I kinda don't want to see history repeat itself (the death of retail) but it will most likely be the best selling console. I'll get myself the regular edition.

Bit disappointed by the games shown, though, but I honestly don't care about it. Not that much anyways, since I'm more interested in playing some current gen titles at higher quality (Nioh 2 for example)

Top Bottom