• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Showcase |OT| (09/16/20 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK / 6am AET)

Bartski

Gold Member
direct feeds 4k up all here!

This fell flat on its face and was a very disappointing showcase. This really isn't going to get people excited at all. Sony really didn't presented a reason to get a PS5. The price is good, but not when your competitor is selling a console that is more powerful and offers a vastly superior service.

Games aren't a service though. That's where Microsoft will struggle.

Vick

No Silent Hill sucked, but man Demon’s Souls looked absolutely ridiculous. I could seriously be okay with playing that for the rest of my life.

tryDEATH

GTFO here.

demons souls is worth the price of admission alone, Miles Morales looks great. GOW Ragnarok. The list will grow as the years go on. Pricing is spot on also. It wasn’t the best showing, wanted to see the UI etc. But that can be updated with a few hundred meg download at regular intervals. I am in day one if I can get one, they’ll sell millions on the first few weeks easily.

DS is a remaster and comes out on PC, Spiderman is a DLC, and GoW comes out next year. That is less enticing than what Xbox has showed and what they have coming up.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
WHAT TIME!? I better not get screwed because I work and I'm on the east coast. Make them available Saturday so I can sit around and refresh pages. I'm gonna be driving to a job site and working outside tomorrow

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
DS is a remaster and comes out on PC, Spiderman is a DLC, and GoW comes out next year. That is less enticing than what Xbox has showed and what they have coming up.

what do they have coming up? I was also considering buying a Series X as I love the look of Flight simulator and don’t want to fork out for a ridiculous PC but apart from that there’s not much else.... please enlighten me

angrod14

The only game that looked truly "next-gen" was Demon Souls. I honestly didn't think it would look that good, as graphics have never been a standout aspect in FROM games. Nice to see Bluepoint tanking care of visuals, thought; we'll have to wait and see how they fare in the gameplay department in accordance to the fanbase of these games. I personally couldn't care less for Souls games, as I find them too unjustifiably frustrating and arbitrarily infuriating, but at least it was nice too have a glimpse of what developers will really be able to achieve with the new hardware.

GOW sequel's appearance was cool too, but it will most likely be delayed when the time comes. There was a 5 year gap between Ascension (2013) and GOW (2018), and it's quite unlikely they will be able too wrap up the next game in only 3 years. Although they already have the reboot lore set up by a previous entry, you have to bear in mind they now have to work with new hardware and aim for a outstanding next-gen presentation, which will only add extra development time.

Price was as expected. I would love to go for the DE, but that will have very little resell value here where I'm living so I will probably just buy the standard one.

Overall, there is no "system seller" for me. Nothing that pushes me to buy the console at launch, especially with the "production issues" Sony is rumored to be going through with the machine. I will just wait for late 2021 or early 2022 to buy one, and let the early adopters beta-test the shit out of the early batches.

Also, WHERE THE F*** IS MY BLACK EDITION?!

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
tjWsgtc.jpg

Jaxcellent

They killed it again, gamepass value just went down when people can play a generation of AAA exclusives for 6 euro a month, really smart move.

Sony delivered, showing off games! some cool stuff! Spidey looks good, Demon's Souls look good, RE8, (hope this will be playable in VR, that would be) amazing. Heck, even good ol DMC5 looks cool, not sure about the soundtrack tho.

Will try to preorder my disc model tomorrow.

ff16 and harry potter?
FF XVI and Harry Potter were new if you ignore leaks.

Harry Potter is know for years, and with all the talk that Sony was buying temporary and console exclusivity this is not a surprise. FF16 is something that everyone knows will come, and was known already that it would be revealed today. The "bad" that I see in this is that none are Sony games, and FF16 is now a "Witcher 3 clone"?! WHERE IS AGNI PHILOSOPHY SQUARE?!!

And of course, God of War 2...
In an event so close to the launch logic dictates that you show the games that will be available in the first six months or so, right? The launch games. Not only Sony didn't do this they also show just the name of a future game that they have nothing to show off? Are you serious? If you're promising a (AAA) game for the next 14 months, why can't you show the game? Why Sony felt the necessity to just say that GoW 2 exists? Are they lacking other games to show for the launch?

This wasn't a "showcase" this was just an excuse to say the price.

Microsoft - we belive exclusive software isn't that important
Sony - here's God of War 2
..coming out in 2021 btw

That whole show felt like 40 minutes of rubbing salt into open wounds :D

Beelzebubs

Harry Potter is know for years, and with all the talk that Sony was buying temporary and console exclusivity this is not a surprise. FF16 is something that everyone knows will come, and was known already that it would be revealed today. The "bad" that I see in this is that none are Sony games, and FF16 is now a "Witcher 3 clone"?! WHERE IS AGNI PHILOSOPHY SQUARE?!!

And of course, God of War 2...
In an event so close to the launch logic dictates that you show the games that will be available in the first six months or so, right? The launch games. Not only Sony didn't do this they also show just the name of a future game that they have nothing to show off? Are you serious? If you're promising a (AAA) game for the next 14 months, why can't you show the game? Why Sony felt the necessity to just say that GoW 2 exists? Are they lacking other games to show for the launch?

This wasn't a "showcase" this was just an excuse to say the price.

You literally said there was nothing new shown... stop backpedalling....

OneBigPuss

God of War Ragnarok in 2021?Yeah right.Just like with PS4 i will buy PS5 year later when the system is stable and will have more games to play.

Top Bottom