• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 specs revealed. Up to 10.2 Tflops.

thelastword

Banned
Really? They are doing PS1/2/3 after all??? 😀
He's talking about "only 100 PS4 games" bit......PS5 is not yet launched, they are testing 100 BC games now....Do you think they can realistically test them all at once? You think MS is not testing their current gen games on Series X right now? If they are not, perhaps you should be worried about unknown issues popping up, which could have been addressed prior to launch...

Night.Ninja

Banned
He's talking about "only 100 PS4 games" bit......PS5 is not yet launched, they are testing 100 BC games now....Do you think they can realistically test them all at once? You think MS is not testing their current gen games on Series X right now? If they are not, perhaps you should be worried about unknown issues popping up, which could have been addressed prior to launch...

But Microsoft said I can play every game I can play on xbox one on a series x and some will get a boost in resolution to 4k and some will get HDR

Last edited:
No it's not. It's 9.2TF and if all the conditions are right it can operate at 10.3.

And you can't factor in efficiency improvements. Every new generation gets a massive leap in efficiency. Consider how the PS4 had unified shaders compared to the PS3.
Ps3 was nvidia though, which tends to have higher performance relative to amd.

As for tflops depends on if Cerny is correct and most of the time it will be at 2.2Ghz

Grinchy

Banned

This is very interesting, but it makes me wonder if they have some kind of solution for people buying physical copies. Obviously, you can't just click and load up a game you own physically if the disc isn't in the drive.

Maybe they'll do what MS was going to do this gen, and what I wish they were able to pull off (disc is registered to your system and doesn't need to be tray, if you lend it out, it becomes de-registered).

Top Bottom