• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Spiderman Remastered Now Available As $40 Standalone Purchase

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered is available now as a standalone release for the PS5. Interestingly, if you own the season pass and original game, you can’t buy it.

Sony has released the Remastered version of Marvel’s Spider-Man as a standalone release on the PlayStation Store. It can be bought for $40 which is expensive compared to the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition deal. In the case of the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition, you just need to pay $20 to buy this upgrade.

While the listing on the PlayStation Store for this standalone version of Marvel’s Spider-Man is just $39.99, there is no way to buy it if you own the original game along with the season pass.

In our case, we are just seeing an option to download the game from Library, and if we go to the Library section on the PlayStation Store, it is only showing the original PS4 release. This might be an error so we are not sure how it will be resolved, but if you are thinking that this means you also own the remaster, it is likely not the case.

This version of the game added features like 4K and 60 FPS performance mode, ray-tracing, and a complete overhaul of the visuals. This also replaced the default Peter Parker character model with a new one which led to a slight controversy before the launch of the new remaster.

For those who owned the original Spider-Man and its DLC, there was no way to upgrade to the Remastered version without shelling out $19.99 after purchasing a copy of Miles Morales. However, this standalone release is still not available for purchase for those with the DLC and full game combo, and with the $39.99 price, it is a much better deal to get it along with the Miles Morales.

Max_Po

Banned
Strange, When I popped in MM regular edition (a month ago) I got a message to purchase the remaster for 25 CDN...

40 seems Steeeep ....

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Rightfully so.

60 fps and improved graphics, very much worth the price, especially when it will go on discounts.

The same features that pretty much the rest of companies with upgraded next gen games are offering. But for free.
I mean, fucking 60 fps lol. They probably just updated the internal framerrate cap variable and recompiled the game. How that justifies 40 bucks? crazy

Last edited:

Nvzman

Should have been free. MS can update tons of games to 4k 60fps for nothing.
This is not a simple 4k 60fps port though, all the assets got massive upgrades and it does feature native dualsense stuff like miles morales. Comparing the two is kind of apples and oranges. $40 is steep, but asking it to be free is kind of rediculous.

Royal-Slime

Banned
The same features that pretty much the rest of companies with upgraded next gen games are offering. But for free.
I mean, fucking 60 fps lol. They probably just updated the internal framerrate cap variable and recompiled the game. How that justifies 40 bucks? crazy
Nobody owes you anything for free. You bought a PS4 version and that's what you are able to use as long as Sony allows you to use it.

JLB

Banned
Nobody owes you anything for free. You bought a PS4 version and that's what you are able to use as long as Sony allows you to use it.

Of course, Sony could charge 500 dollars for this and they will have the right to do it.
Im talking more about the people willing to play 40 bucks for this.

Mr Moose

Strange, When I popped in MM regular edition (a month ago) I got a message to purchase the remaster for 25 CDN...

40 seems Steeeep ....
Yeah I think from the in game menu, you can purchase it cheaper if you have MM.
I'll check now and report back.
Yup, £20 from in game pressing L1 "Upgrade to the Ultimate Edition".

7bdMarvelsSpiderManMile.jpg

Last edited:

S73v3

Banned
This is another reason I'm hesitant on paying anything more into the PS ecosystem (I've been waning since 2017 tbh)

Not only do Sony surprise port their games to PC (after saying they are exclusive and with no PR statements outlining what's coming to PC in the future), they also make ports of games where they are asking you to pay for basic upgrades that should be free.

They don't even make games I like anymore, I guess DeS remake (without fromsoftware lol) would have been a reluctant system seller for me, but I've done everything ive ever wanted to do on the OG.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
This is another reason I'm hesitant on paying anything more into the PS ecosystem (I've been waning since 2017 tbh)

Not only do Sony surprise port their games to PC (after saying they are exclusive and with no PR statements outlining what's coming to PC in the future), they also make ports of games where they are asking you to pay for basic upgrades that should be free.

They don't even make games I like anymore, I guess DeS remake (without fromsoftware lol) would have been a reluctant system seller for me, but I've done everything ive ever wanted to do on the OG.
Ffs all they have ported to PC is Horizon three and a half years later, and Death Stranding. Anything else major?

And if you're that bothered by the price of this, can't you just play your PS4 version of Spiderman on PS5 at 60fps.

Seems like you're bitching unnecessarily.

S73v3

Banned
Ffs all they have ported to PC is Horizon three and a half years later, and Death Stranding. Anything else major?

And if you're that bothered by the price of this, can't you just play your PS4 version of Spiderman on PS5 at 60fps.

Seems like you're bitching unnecessarily.
Detroit or whatever, and a bunch of smaller games.

They said in an investor meeting they are looking to lean more into PC, but the PR has been dodgey.

I'm not bothered by the price, just on the principal, tho maybe the deal with marvel means they have to sell it.

I have little (zero) reason to invest in PS right now anyways, I'll reassess when the new R&C comes as that's the only game I'm looking at with interest on the platform.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Detroit or whatever, and a bunch of smaller games.

They said in an investor meeting they are looking to lean more into PC, but the PR has been dodgey.

I'm not bothered by the price, just on the principal, tho maybe the deal with marvel means they have to sell it.

I have little (zero) reason to invest in PS right now anyways, I'll reassess when the new R&C comes as that's the only game I'm looking at with interest on the platform.
So get a PC. Then you'll have everything 🙌.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
This is not a simple 4k 60fps port though, all the assets got massive upgrades and it does feature native dualsense stuff like miles morales. Comparing the two is kind of apples and oranges. $40 is steep, but asking it to be free is kind of rediculous.

hey they wanted to shove the new spider man model that was unwanted and not asked for down our thoughts, could have at least gave us a freebie.

Hezekiah

Banned
It's worth it, I can play my entire game library on it except the library of my Bloodborne machine.
I have a 1070ti and I love the flexibility of PC gaming, and playing any Xbox exclusives that interest me on my ultrawide. Would love a 3080ti, but it's going to be a $1000 MSRP, and as we know Nvidia's MSRPs are a joke right now.

S73v3

Banned
I have a 1070ti and I love the flexibility of PC gaming, and playing any Xbox exclusives that interest me on my ultrawide. Would love a 3080ti, but it's going to be a $1000 MSRP, and as we know Nvidia's MSRPs are a joke right now.
Still worth it (for me)

graywolf323

Gold Member
I don't see a price listed at all on the page they link

I opened it in a private window too to make sure I wasn't signed in

I ain’t mad, they did a pretty good job on it. If you’ve played the original, just get Miles. If you haven’t, now is your chance to get the first.

Top Bottom