• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 stick drift is apparently already happening.

ReBurn

Gold Member
No wait until there are 1 % of 5 million and then we can maybe discuss. This is not a switch. I had ps3 and 360 controller small issue in the past, and replaced them, such drama.
you heard it folks, your controller problems don't matter because there aren't more broken controllers

wow the astroturfing

dano1

A Sheep
People are using it. You need to look no further then the ps5 hardware issue thread here on neogaf
Of course there are going to be issues. Especially in a who had hardware issues thread 🙄. I could make a who hasn’t had a issue thread and probably get a few...

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The deadzones in N64 controllers is like 40x larger than dualshocks.
Had N64 controllers use deadzones as tiny as DS controllers they too would also be drifting.

It's really unnecessary to have deadzones that small.
All it does is make your controller design to fail faster.
True. Thanks to that, the N64’s analogue felt precise and reliable like no other official analogue stick I’ve tried since. Rare’s N64 games ported to the XBox control like shit compared to the originals, especially in first-person sections (I’m looking at you, Banjo-Tooie and Jet Force Gemini).

But the wear and tear on that thing was crazy. Started to wobble madly at one point, and in the end, my main N64 controller’s stick started drifting.
I understand you can replace them, even saw a Mario 64 speedrunner that apparently had a steel one made, lol.

geordiemp

you heard it folks, your controller problems don't matter because there aren't more broken controllers

wow the astroturfing

Of the typically normal 1 % Ps5 and XSX units returned under warranty, thats around 100,000 a year.

If you want to get excited about 1 or 2 and think this is significant or an issue that needs either Sony or Microsoft attention then posters can see what you are.

Most normal people dont post concern when a youtuber Xbox or ps5 fails or whatever crap you are dribbling about.

No I am not an astroturfer, I work in semiconductor physics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom