• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 stock boost sends Spider-Man: Miles Morales to No.2 | UK Boxed Charts

Bodomism

Banned
20210228-222306.jpg

Nen.gif
HaNcW0z.png

ethomaz

Banned
You're right. I was on a thread about Nintendo Sales sometime ago where too many wanted the thread to be about "NPD" as that was the font, but they kept talking about Sony, as most of them were SonyGAF. The thread kept on about Sony like always. Same happens when it's about Microsoft. Fanboys are just that much obnoxious.
Do you mean a NPD thread who Nintendo fans wanted to make it a Nintendo thread lol

Rathalos

Banned
I can't wait to play it in like 2 years, or whenever we get version a 2.0 PS5 at a cheaper price. Console is always my side piece but it has been hard resisting because of Demon Souls and Spider-Man.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Is the Last of Us Part 2 getting discounted to 17.99£ in less than a year a good or a bad sign now?

https://www.game.co.uk/en/games/the-last-of-us/part-2

You try way too hard, man.

Gamestop and Amazon had God of War for $17.99 in less than a year.

kyliethicc

This is why I'm okay with Sony doing $70 PS5 games.
They discount them pretty quickly. (Unlike Nintendo.)

For example:
Spider-Man launched Sept 2018 for $60, then had 3 DLCs for $25 (or $10 each).
That's $85-90 on day 1.
But I waited and got the game + DLC edition for $20 on Black Friday Nov 2019.

Games like Ratchet & Returnal will be on sale soon enough over the first 12-18 months.

turtlepowa

Banned
I can see the new ratchet and clank and demon's souls being released for ps4.
Ratchet? Not gonna happen. That game is a pure SSD demo, they will use those portals a million times and it would suck on PS4. Souls maybe, but too late. Now that the market is short on PS5s they would have sold many on PS4, but in a year? Not so much.

Astorian

Unlike Nintendo they have to otherwise the sales figures would collapse. I expect Ratchet at 19,99 - 24,99 before christmas.
Ver few Nintendo titles are evergreen, or do you want to argue that games like Bayonetta and Octopath Traveler are still full price because they sell more than Sony exclusives?

turtlepowa

Banned
Ver few Nintendo titles are evergreen, or do you want to argue that games like Bayonetta and Octopath Traveler are still full price because they sell more than Sony exclusives?
Two "niche games", one a last gen game from 2014 and one a crossplatform game, are your argument?

All Nintendo massmarket exlcusives are very expensive over years while Sony's drop massively within months. The reason is simple: Nintendo lacks big 3rd party games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and if players have a choice, they go for those games. If Sony could, they would keep the price much higher, but they can't.

Astorian

Two "niche games", one a last gen game from 2014 and one a crossplatform game, are your argument?
Are they not Nintendo games? Point is a lot of Nintendo games don't have long legs yet they retain full price.
All Nintendo massmarket exlcusives are very expensive over years while Sony's drop massively within months. The reason is simple: Nintendo lacks big 3rd party games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and if players have a choice, they go for those games. If Sony could, they would keep the price much higher, but they can't.
Oh so it's Nintendo massmarket exclusives only now? My point proven I guess.

turtlepowa

Banned
Are they not Nintendo games? Point is a lot of Nintendo games don't have long legs yet they retain full price.

Oh so it's Nintendo massmarket exclusives only now? My point proven I guess.
I thougth i didn't have to point out that i meant Mario, Zelda, TLOU, GOW, Spiderman etc. and not small niche games. But my fault, comparing Octopath Traveler with TLOU2 made perfectly sense and proves you absolutely right.

Astorian

I thougth i didn't have to point out that i meant Mario, Zelda, TLOU, GOW, Spiderman etc. and not small niche games. But my fault, comparing Octopath Traveler with TLOU2 made perfectly sense and proves you absolutely right.
Soneone: "Sony discounts their games quickly"

You:
Unlike Nintendo they have to otherwise the sales figures would collapse. I expect Ratchet at 19,99 - 24,99 before christmas.

Me: "the reason Nintendo games retain full price isn't because they have long legs otherwise you'd see a lot of their games get discounted too"

It's like I'm arguing with a wall.

turtlepowa

Banned
Soneone: "Sony discounts their games quickly"

You:

Me: "the reason Nintendo games retain full price isn't because they have long legs otherwise you'd see a lot of their games get discounted too"

It's like I'm arguing with a wall.
Ok. "The big Nintendo massmarket exclusive games are usually expensive/stable in price over years, while all Sony exclusive games drop in price very fast and are usually at 20 bucks within a year". Happy now?

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
This is why I'm okay with Sony doing $70 PS5 games.
They discount them pretty quickly. (Unlike Nintendo.)

For example:
Spider-Man launched Sept 2018 for $60, then had 3 DLCs for $25 (or $10 each).
That's $85-90 on day 1.
But I waited and got the game + DLC edition for $20 on Black Friday Nov 2019.

Games like Ratchet & Returnal will be on sale soon enough over the first 12-18 months.
You are going to wait over a year for a game to fall in price? That’s madness. Lol

kyliethicc

You are going to wait over a year for a game to fall in price? That’s madness. Lol
If I'm not desperate to play it, sure. Like in the case of Spider-man in 2018, I had other games to play and was fine waiting.

Some games I'll buy day 1 of course. Others weeks later. Others more, etc. Just depends on the game.

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned
Why not? It's not like you miss something out like in a multiplayer game where lobbies can be empty after a year or you fall behind content-wise or level/skill-wise. Sony mostly makes singleplayer games and the games don't get bad in 2-3 years.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Another celebratory thread about a game selling 40 copies more than previous week in the UK.

i1oo1Ob.jpg

its all fuel for the great war machine....

but seriously i dont think theres anything wrong with celebrating if its a game you like. The better it does the more likely it is to get sequels. Plus this is interesting because in this case it means, even if ever so slightly, ps5 supply and demand is leveling out, even just a little bit.

Zoro7

Banned
Why not? It's not like you miss something out like in a multiplayer game where lobbies can be empty after a year or you fall behind content-wise or level/skill-wise. Sony mostly makes singleplayer games and the games don't get bad in 2-3 years.
I mean there’s not many games I look forward to months in advance. If there is I will buy them days one. Whether it’s single or multiplayer.

Papacheeks

Banned

The reason they do that is because there is more competition on their platform game wise. ALso they have way more traffic, and people buying digital purchases or in-game purchases where they get a piece of that. Way more than Nintendo on average. The reason it might be down now, is because of them launching new hardware that they lose a ton of money on, and currently is hard to get components for.

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned
I mean there’s not many games I look forward to months in advance. If there is I will buy them days one. Whether it’s single or multiplayer.
No pile of shame? There are so many games i would like to play. I only buy multiplayer games day1. So i get bugfree singleplayer games, with all addons, without performance issus and for a bargain price.
The reason they do that is because there is more competition on their platform game wise.
I know that and already said so in a later post, but thanks.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I hope insomniac is not perpetually stuck on this franchise.

There’s really nothing more to give here. Unless there is a completely mind blowing next gen world blowing our minds, I just can’t see playing more of the same.

e&e

Banned
What’s madness about that? The game will still be there, what does the poster have to lose? That’s a serious question, waiting to see if you respond.

SLB1904

Banned
What’s madness about that? The game will still be there, what does the poster have to lose? That’s a serious question, waiting to see if you respond.
No one is waiting a year for a game they are hype about. That's what the poster is saying. Of course you can wait a year or more for a game you are not that interested.

Zoro7

Banned
Waiting to enjoy things just because it’s a bit cheaper isn’t for me. Life is too short.

Interfectum

There’s really nothing more to give here. Unless there is a completely mind blowing next gen world blowing our minds, I just can’t see playing more of the same.
Yeah after Miles I'm good. They really need to switch it up for me to get hyped again.

I'd love to see them do a new ip or do a off the walls sequel to sunset overdrive.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
I think the biggest showing is how TLOUP2 is at number 3 on that list regardless of it being on sale. People are still buying it.

Just realize that I am better than you, in every possible way
-MJF

Last edited:

Mr Moose

You know they are making Ratchet & Clank, right?

e&e

Banned
Waiting to enjoy things just because it’s a bit cheaper isn’t for me. Life is too short.
You said it’s madness lmfao. There are plenty of games to enjoy while the prices crater...
No one is waiting a year for a game they are hype about. That's what the poster is saying. Of course you can wait a year or more for a game you are not that interested.
What the hell are you talking about?

Last edited:
Top Bottom