• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 stock boost sends Spider-Man: Miles Morales to No.2 | UK Boxed Charts

Astorian

The biggest of which is Spider-Man: Miles Morales. The most popular PS5 game rose 172% in physical boxed sales week-on-week, jumping from No.7 to No.2. The game only missed out on the top spot by a mere 1,000 units.

The other big PS5 exclusive in the charts is Demon's Souls at No.21. The game wasn't in the boxed Top 40 last week, but returns thanks to a 123% sales spike.

Overall, sales of PS5 boxed games are up 64% over the previous week.
There were a couple of small new releases this week. Persona 5 Strikers from Atlus debuts at No.5 on Switch and PS4 (PS4 accounting for 72% of sales). Meanwhile, Square Enix's Bravely Default 2 on Nintendo Switch makes No.11
The final big performer this week is The Last of Us: Part 2. The PS4 game returns to the charts at No.3 after a 3992% increase in sales due to a price discount that saw the horror game drop to under £20 at major retailers.
Last WeekThis WeekTitle
11Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
92Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Re-Entry3The Last of Us: Part 2
24FIFA 21
New Entry5Persona 5: Strikers
36Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
47Animal Crossing: New Horizons
58Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
79Grand Theft Auto 5
610Minecraft (Switch)

Last edited:
Boxed. In a Country where there is a strict lockdown. Doesn’t mean much. We need digital sales.

Amazon?

Amazon Money GIF

Last edited:

Woopah

That price promotion for TLoU2 has worked wonders.

Also do we think it would be good to have separate threads for the other European charts, or just one mega thread?

MrA

Banned
Sure wish there
Mario only did 1000 copies more fyi

I'll call the suicidewatch hotline for you
without numbers, it doesn't really tell much, was 10k vs 9k , 3k vs 2k, 20k vs 19k?

GTAV will never die.
I fully expect it to be the best selling game on the twins, again, frankly I bet if it came to the switch it would probably take the top 3rd party spot there too.
Man the Nintendo fanboys here are something else. They got to go into every unrelated thread and make it about them. Do you not have any games to play on your Switch or something?
PlayStation fanboys do the exact same thing in Nintendo-related sales threads, almost as if fanboys are similar regardless of platform.

Fake

I fully expect it to be the best selling game on the twins, again, frankly I bet if it came to the switch it would probably take the top 3rd party spot there too.

I find strange still no sight of GTAV for Switch, taking into consideration GTAV on PS360.

Closer

I mean the highlight is literally about a playstation game...

You're right. I was on a thread about Nintendo Sales sometime ago where too many wanted the thread to be about "NPD" as that was the font, but they kept talking about Sony, as most of them were SonyGAF. The thread kept on about Sony like always. Same happens when it's about Microsoft. Fanboys are just that much obnoxious.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
You're right. I was on a thread about Nintendo Sales sometime ago where too many wanted the thread to be about "NPD" as that was the font, but they kept talking about Sony, as most of them were SonyGAF. The thread kept on about Sony like always. Same happens when it's about Microsoft. Fanboys are just that much obnoxious.
Yeah I get it. I guess these things are inevitable.

MrA

Banned
Surely you meant Sony fanboys.

OT: Can't see the amount of software sold. Where is it? Am I that blind?
There aren't any, unfortunately, the biggest reference we have is hitman 3 debuted at #1 with 13k in January, otherwise it is all very limited ordinal stuff and slightly less limited week over week interval stuff. .

Surely you meant Sony fanboys.

OT: Can't see the amount of software sold. Where is it? Am I that blind?
The big story this week is PS5 stock leading to huge increases on PS5 games sales. Same goes for TLOU2. Yet here we have morons coming in here and bringing up Nintendo for some reason. Almost like they're butthurt that the headline isn't about their favorite console.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Isn't that pretty normal for PS exclusives? I bought God of War for around 20 bucks a year after release.
most take about a year to hit 29.99 USD new/20 used, and new is at 30 and used is already ~20 online, so it seems to have dropped a bit faster than normal, but not like unprecedently fast , the trajectory was comparable to days gone, slower price drops than uncharted 4 (though bundling probably caused a chunk of that) but faster than god of war, spiderman, and horizon,

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Who the heck is buying GTA5? How is a game that came out almost a decade ago, still generating so many sales?

Top Bottom