• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 stock boost sends Spider-Man: Miles Morales to No.2 | UK Boxed Charts

ethomaz

Banned
Shouldn't this one be a GfK thread then?
It is a GDK thread.... you have GFK PR plus all games ranking.

If you don’t see the issue with that NPD then I can’t help you because when I posted more NPD data the OP come crying that it was a Nintendo thread when it was obvious not.

Last edited:

Woopah

I find strange still no sight of GTAV for Switch, taking into consideration GTAV on PS360.
Games will massive file sizes (like GTV with Online) are tricky to being to Switch with its cart prices and limited storage. I think that's the same reason why Call of Duty hasn't come either
You're right. I was on a thread about Nintendo Sales sometime ago where too many wanted the thread to be about "NPD" as that was the font, but they kept talking about Sony, as most of them were SonyGAF. The thread kept on about Sony like always. Same happens when it's about Microsoft. Fanboys are just that much obnoxious.
Shouldn't this one be a GfK thread then?

See its funny you say that because this thread is a general GfK UK charts thread:

1. It uses the title of the gamesindustry.biz article
2. The OP contains relevant data for this week from multiple companies/platforms, not just PlayStation
3. The OP ends with a link to the article gamesindustry.biz article

The trouble with the other thread was that (as the OP himself said) he wasn't trying to make a general NPD thread. He was making a Nintendo NPD thread. Our argument was that sales threads are much better when they are general (like this one) rather than platform specific.

Miles Morales neck and neck with 3D World clearly demonstrates just how much pent up demand there is for PS5. Switch is going to get blown out of the water as soon as stock stabilizes.

Woopah

Miles Morales neck and neck with 3D World clearly demonstrates just how much pent up demand there is for PS5. Switch is going to get blown out of the water as soon as stock stabilizes.
I think they'll trade places for the next 12 months or so depending on what software comes out and what deals are available. Then from early next year onwards PS5 will consistently be in the lead every month (I'm basing this on the assumption that the next Switch revision comes this year rather than next year.)

Woopah

Top 40 from Ukie:

LWTWTitleLabel
11SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURYNINTENDO
92MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALESSONY COMPUTER ENT.
3THE LAST OF US PART IISONY COMPUTER ENT.
24FIFA 21EA SPORTS
5PERSONA 5 STRIKERSATLUS
36MARIO KART 8 DELUXENINTENDO
47ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONSNINTENDO
58CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WARACTIVISION
79GRAND THEFT AUTO VROCKSTAR
610MINECRAFTNINTENDO
11BRAVELY DEFAULT IININTENDO
1212ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLAUBISOFT
1113SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARSNINTENDO
814RING FIT ADVENTURENINTENDO
1015JUST DANCE 2021UBISOFT
1616LITTLE NIGHTMARES IIBANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
1417SUPER MARIO ODYSSEYNINTENDO
2318THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILDNINTENDO
1719LUIGI'S MANSION 3NINTENDO
1320LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTIONWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
21DEMON'S SOULSSONY COMPUTER ENT.
152251 WORLDWIDE GAMESNINTENDO
1923SUPER MARIO PARTYNINTENDO
2124MINECRAFT DUNGEONSMOJANG
1825MARVEL'S AVENGERSSQUARE ENIX
2426RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2ROCKSTAR
2627SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATENINTENDO
2728IMMORTALS FENYX RISINGUBISOFT
2929WATCH DOGS: LEGIONUBISOFT
2830LEGO JURASSIC WORLDWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
2231HITMAN IIISQUARE ENIX
3332NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT - REMASTEREDEA GAMES
2533MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES TOKYO 2020NINTENDO
34CYBERPUNK 2077BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
3835POKEMON SHIELDNINTENDO
2036NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXENINTENDO
3137MINECRAFT: BEDROCK EDITIONSONY COMPUTER ENT.
4038LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
39CARNIVAL GAMES2K
40NBA 2K212K

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'm not that surprised at some of theses results. More people buying PS5's will also mean a boost in sales for stuff like Spiderman and The Last Of Us 2. I'm a bit surprised on how low Bravely Default 2 entered in though. I personally don't like how it looks compared to the first 2, but I felt it would still move monster units on Switch. Maybe more like that original style then I realized.

I'm at the point where I feel people are buying GTAV weekly on their way to the market to pick up some eggs and milk, be like "ok I need some milk, 2 packs of eggs, GTAV copy and a bottle of water".
Nothing regarding GTAV's sales can ever be seen as the norm, even for Rockstar lol

Renozokii

Boxed. In a Country where there is a strict lockdown. Doesn’t mean much. We need digital sales.
A)
Is there reason to believe that digital sales vary greatly from physical? As in, top charts physically have 0 correlation to how the digital side of things is looking?

B)
Aren’t most games either still selling similarly, or more physically than digitally?

C)
Is shipping not a thing that like, most people do over there?

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Spider-Man: Remastered was a lot of fun. But I hated Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

Miles had too many superpowers. He wasn't Spider-Man to me. Also, I hated his animations. Those twig arms/legs sprawling all over the screen looked ridiculous. They shouldn't have made him so spindly, and they should have given him animations similar to Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Remastered. Instead they made him look like every swing was his first swing ever. It looked ridiculous. I also hated the voice actor they used. Nothing against him personally, but he sounded like a kid instead of an older teenager. His voice really annoyed me. On top of all that, I didn't like the story. For one, Miles let a LOT of people know who he was. Great job. (That was sarcasm.) Additionally, the plot between him and The Tinkerer felt very contrived to me.

TL;DR - Peter Parker is teh gud. Miles Morales sucks all of the balls.

/rant

yazenov

Boxed. In a Country where there is a strict lockdown. Doesn’t mean much. We need digital sales.
All of the console manufacturers are on a similar playing field. You cant make up excuses for poor performance. And even if you included Digital, the results will be similar due to the install base.

Fox Mulder

I hope insomniac is not perpetually stuck on this franchise.

There’s really nothing more to give here. Unless there is a completely mind blowing next gen world blowing our minds, I just can’t see playing more of the same.

They’re doing the new Ratchet and Clank too. Spider-Man was a huge game for the PS4 and Miles Morales is like half the size as a glorified expansion. They were obviously allowed to focus on R&C to make it a true PS5 title.

Top Bottom