• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 System Update 20.02-02.50.00 Released

Shmunter

PS5 System Update 20.02-02.50.00 Release Notes (3-Feb-2021)

The following issue was resolved:
  • The PS4 version of the game was sometimes installed from the PS4 game disc even after upgrading the disc version of a PS4 game to the PS5 version.
  • This system software update improves system performance.

Enjoy your new system software update! And remember, each update was created by the power of children’s laughter!

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
no
horse flipping GIF
ility

Last edited:

saintjules

They still need to address various issues with external hard drives.
Yeah, although I haven't had much trouble with drives.

It would be great to see more than one external drive at a time. I have somewhat of a beefy library, so I have to keep disconnecting one and plug the other to see if I remember xyz game is on this drive or that drive.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Any word on notifications?

When i take two screenshots shortly after another the notification sign will appear on one of the screenshots.

If i'm not mistaken than this was already resolved on PS4 and reintroduced on PS5.

Shmunter

Any word on notifications?

When i take two screenshots shortly after another the notification sign will appear on one of the screenshots.

If i'm not mistaken than this was already resolved on PS4 and reintroduced on PS5.
Nope, try it out

Nezzeroth

Can you delete individual save files yet? Because I found that pretty annoying in Demon's Souls.

Edit: nah, it doesn't work.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
That doesn’t sound right, can you eliminate hdd being faulty? cable?
Doing some tests now. I can browse extended still and am doing a test copy from internal to external which has started so it looks fine

But everytime I try and start a game tile that is located on it, the splash screen comes up and locks the console. No reaction from pressing PS button on controller or holding power button on the front of the console either

hemo memo

Gold Member
I want to download Control UE and it download the PS4 version so hopefully this update fix that confusion on other games.

Woody337

Still copying, rdr is like 100gb so its not the quickest

Copied rdr2 to ssd and now works. Copied cyberpunk to hdd and that works as well. Fifa on external and also works.

Dunno wtf happened but changing files round seems to have worked W Woody337
Thats strange, I hope mine isnt like that because I have almost 900gb used on my external.

Mr Moose

Version 20.02-02.50.00
  • This system software update improves system performance.
  • In rare cases, the PS4 version of a game would install from the disc after you upgraded to and installed the PS5 version. Now, when you insert the PS4 game disc, the PS4 version won't install unexpectedly.
  • You can now select and edit video clips using Share Factory Studio from your media gallery.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
My firmware issue still isn't fixed.

Whenever I put the PS5 in rest mode while playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (PS5 disc version), and then turn on the PS5 again, I get the message that I have to insert the AC;V game disc even though the disc is in the drive. I can't eject the disc either. The only way to fix is to turn the PS5 off and on on. This has been the case from day one. I can't believe this easy to reproduce problem hasn't been fixed yet.

Sony is cheapening out too much on firmware. It's like they literally only have one person working on it.

Too few fixes, and taking too long. VRR still disabled.
They were the same with PS4 updates. At this pace we won't get a fully functional PS5 until next year

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
BTW Is anyone able to restart their PS5? When I use that UI option, the PS5 only turns itself off but never powers up.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Not auto installing PS4 versions is a good update. I was kind of hoping to hear more about expandable PS5 storage around now though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The following issue was resolved:
  • The PS4 version of the game was sometimes installed from the PS4 game disc even after upgrading the disc version of a PS4 game to the PS5 version.
lmao.

my biggest gripe with PSN is how hard it is to figure out if you are downloading the PS5 or PS4 versions of the game. I have no idea why they even show you the PS4 version if you are on PS5. Surely they should know that you are accessing the store from the PS5. Sony software engineers are something else.

Shmunter

lmao.

my biggest gripe with PSN is how hard it is to figure out if you are downloading the PS5 or PS4 versions of the game. I have no idea why they even show you the PS4 version if you are on PS5. Surely they should know that you are accessing the store from the PS5. Sony software engineers are something else.
PS4 games have a PS4 label on them, PS5 has no label at all. That’s how I get around.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Thank God they addressed that issue of the PS4 version installing. That got old quick.

They still need to address various issues with external hard drives.
Like? I haven't seen anything since the launch period and have a USB drive plugged in continuously. I thought they fixed it all in the first few firmware updates.

Top Bottom