• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 System Update 20.02-02.50.00 Released

Duchess

I'm hoping the next update will sort out the phantom disc spinning. I understand that it's there for verification, but the frequency of it, coupled with the noisy drive is somewhat distracting.

People say the PS4 used to do this, but I never noticed. Some have said it was more noticeable on the Pro. It seems like it's a bug, however, given that spin the disc up when I'm watching Netflix or playing a digital title (Astro's Playroom).

Otherwise, for me the system is perfect, and so much quieter than my PS4 was.

Sushen

I'm answering my own question after trying it. The rest mode is working for me playing disc version of God of War. It returns back to the game scene when resumes. Can't tell if it'll work for all cases, but I'm happy.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I'm answering my own question after trying it. The rest mode is working for me playing disc version of God of War. It returns back to the game scene when resumes. Can't tell if it'll work for all cases, but I'm happy.
Do you have problems with that? That’s the expected behaviour ever since ps4

RobRSG

BTW Is anyone able to restart their PS5? When I use that UI option, the PS5 only turns itself off but never powers up.
Same thing from my end. This and several error messages out of nowhere even if the game is running fine.

Top Bottom