• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 system update available - 868MB v20.02-2.26

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-system-software-update-20-02-2-26-now-available-to-download/

Version 20.02-02.26.00
  • This system software update improves system performance.
  • An issue where installed disc versions of games were sometimes deleted was resolved.
  • An issue that prevented the PS5 wireless controller from being charged while in rest mode when connected to the PS5's front side USB Type-A port using the USB cable included with some PS5 consoles was resolved.

X5VMaQu.gif

Stability
953J.gif

Also godfall has a patch v1.000.004
5brd.gif

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
how can I check if I have the latest update ?

Just go to settings > system > console

or

Just go to settings > system > system software update and settings > update

I really hope it manages to fix the one issue with extended storage and sleep mode. I'm really not using it at the moment. Just keep shutting down the PS5 to avoid rebuilds etc

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Just go to settings > system > console

or

Just go to settings > system > system software update and settings > update

I really hope it manages to fix the one issue with extended storage and sleep mode. I'm really not using it at the moment. Just keep shutting down the PS5 to avoid rebuilds etc

That's what I hope too.

Hustler

I’ve only had 1 game crash so far and that was Demon’s Souls. Other than that, it’s been a good experience. Although I don’t have COD, don’t use an external drive and stayed away from Spider-Man Remastered until the coast was clear. 😂

I’m all for stability updates!

I’ve only had bc games crash completely on me - but I will say the controller doesn’t seem to actually charge while it’s in sleep mode - it also I don’t think downloads properly while in sleep mode. Is this a thing others have encountered?

JediMind

Neo Member
I’ve only had bc games crash completely on me - but I will say the controller doesn’t seem to actually charge while it’s in sleep mode - it also I don’t think downloads properly while in sleep mode. Is this a thing others have encountered?

Check your settings for this. It's all configurable. Works for me.

Outrunner

check your settings for rest mode, you need to select those options

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yes, I've downloaded the games and updated them, but the issues continue. It doesn't matter if it's performance mode, fidelity mode, online or offline, it just crashes after a couple of minutes.
Yeah I had my first (and only) crash last night. It was in Miles Morales and resulted in the rebuild database process that was previously reported, so the issue still seems to be there.

Remember kids, make sure you always submit your crash reports to Sony, they are more likely to find the solution if we all do.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Sucks that they don't release patch notes.

Because if it said 'resolves a vulnerability that may have allowed the running of unsigned code' (for example) then that would have pricked everyones ears up.

If Sony dont acknowledge any issues then there aren't any to fix I suppose. Saying fixes an issue with console coming out of rest mode proves to everyone there is an issue with console coming out of rest mode. Easier just to say nothing.

Last edited:

Kindjal

Yeah I had my first (and only) crash last night. It was in Miles Morales and resulted in the rebuild database process that was previously reported, so the issue still seems to be there.

Remember kids, make sure you always submit your crash reports to Sony, they are more likely to find the solution if we all do.

I feel like I'm DDOSing Sony with all the reports I've sent for those 2 games, lol.
My wife is downloading the update and will tell me if it fixed anything or not. I'll report back.

Edit: Reporting back, still crashing.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Because if it said 'resolves a vulnerability that may have allowed the running of unsigned code' (for example) then that would have pricked everyones ears up.

If Sony dont acknowledge any issues then there aren't any to fix I suppose. Saying fixes an issue with console coming out of rest mode proves to everyone there is an issue with console coming out of rest mode. Easier just to say nothing.

Sorry, but no... they should still fully disclose and be more open. Period. If APPLE can be more open then there is no excuse for the others.

How are system updates on PS5 and Series X? I saw a video where the Series X was basically still like the One... takes a long ass time to download and check the download and then install... is that real?

Rob_27

Yea I did a few times, but this was automatic after I left it on for a while. Borked 2 drives. But eventually managed to read one again which was a nice gesture.

I downloaded 2TB of games and next day said doh. But luckily it recovered a few boots later.

And now hopefully all good.

Last edited:

Kindjal

Yep...remastered version btw
I also use rest mode which is also a no no .....so if I log on tomorrow and it has to restore again I know that this patch didn’t do shit

I'm glad it seems to be fixed for you.
I'll try a couple of things when I get home, but honestly I'm not really hopeful, lol

Mr Moose

Version 20.02-02.26.00
  • An issue where installed disc versions of games were sometimes deleted was resolved.
  • An issue that prevented the PS5 wireless controller from being charged while in rest mode when connected to the PS5's front side USB Type-A port using the USB cable included with some PS5 consoles was resolved.

Dodkrake

Banned
It should have a release patch note. What if they are downclocking the gpu to prevent those overheating issues we are seeing?

I must be a magician, because I could find the release notes in 15 seconds or less

Version 20.02-02.26.00

Sauce: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5/system-software/

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't know why people think Sony is considering downclocking the GPU.

Xbox Series X consoles are experiencing similar issues and it's likely down to a bad yields.

Gonna try to upgrade and see. I've had to "rebuild my database" so much this week after demon souls crashed so many times that I just cut the thing off and im afraid to touch it. Hope this works

TrebleShot

Version 20.02-02.26.00

This part is interesting, in the previous update loads and performance improved in-game also.

Tiamat2san

I really hope it solves the constant crashing In Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales.
Every other game I've tried runs flawlessly.
Let’s hope so.
I had the game crash so many time.(not counting the different glitches like going through the ground, through building...)
The worst I had , the camera went on a loop, the dualsense was not responding at all.
I couldn’t power off the console even while pushing the button in front .
I had to unplug it.
2 minutes black screen when I restarted it...(scary) then the classic disk check.

Last edited:
Top Bottom