• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 : The Future Of Gaming. NeoGAF Viewing Thread. June 11th 1PM PDT/ 9PM BST

Sota4077

Holy fuck there's a discless version!?! Heehee.
How the hell do you justify a digital addition when the Blu-ray drive only accounts for a small fraction of the cost of the entire console I don't get it. Are they going to have one that's $499 and another one that's $475? I think there's more to that all digital edition than they have revealed at this point. I wonder if it's not a lesser powered console just like Lockhart is rumored to be.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Might be one of the worst looking consoles ever. Or at least in modern times. No wonder they took forever to show it.

Best of show:
- HZD 2
- R&C
- Ghost Wire
- Deathloop
- Optional digital only system

The rest are totally forgettable.

Ogbert

So, on the plus side, the console looks nice (to my tastes) and Ratchet and Clank looked wonderful. There was a moment during the gameplay where I thought 'wow, this really does look like a generational leap'.

The rest of the show was painfully fucking average. We all lay into Nintendo and MS, but fuck me that was just as rubbish.

And thankfully this can put to bed the 'even PCs can't run PS5 games' bullshit.

It looked like exactly what your money would get you now. Something between a 2070 and a 2080, with some cute graphical features that the SSD must help with.

Disappointing, but only because I fell for the hype. Again.

Kev Kev

tenor.gif

Gamerguy84

Buying the disc version. Seen about 6 games Id buy right now.

Lot of filler but overall really enjoyed the things I know im buying.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Didn’t look pretty but it’s not like people won’t buy it because it looks ugly.

although to go all white during these trying times. The nerve!!
joke

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that was pretty disappointing for me overall.

Oh well, at least the console is out there and we have confirmation for Demon's Souls, GT7, RE8, and Horizon Zero Dawn sequel.

Just way too much indie filler/3rd party multiplat stuff.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
How the hell do you justify a digital addition when the Blu-ray drive only accounts for a small fraction of the cost of the entire console I don't get it. Are they going to have one that's $499 and another one that's $475? I think there's more to that all digital edition than they have revealed at this point. I wonder if it's not a lesser powered console just like Lockhart is rumored to be.
Maybe shave $50 and get more profit from digital storefront.

Sacred

5/10 R&C, Demon Souls and Horizon look great, but very underwhelming.. I was really excited to see SOCOM and Silent Hills, but welp so much for that dream.

Top Bottom