• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Console Has The Best 2021 Exclusive Games?

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Console Has The Best 2021 Exclusive Games?

• Xbox

Votes: 217 34.1%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 373 58.6%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 46 7.2%

• Total voters

TV&Drugs

Neo Member
Guess it depends on the types of games you like. Xbox has a fuck ton of longass RPGs on their slate. Honestly, like how many of those games do you need. Love em much as the next guy, but it seems extreme.

I like Sonys focus on tight single player games.

Hezekiah

Banned
God of war was going downward as well after Ascension but they bounced back. Maybe infinite turns out to be good. U don't know that. Graphics not everything.

Series future way stronger. Their exclusive lineup bigger and more diverse. They got WRPGs coming, shooters coming, 3rd person action adventure games coming, racing games coming. Sony got no true WRPGs exclusives or no shooters. All they 3rd person action games. Thats only genre they good at.
Basically clutching at straws with that first paragraph. 'Maybe it's not crap...' 😁

Sony has no shooters? Even though Guerilla Games are rumoured to be working on one, the ex-Bungie developers at Firewalk are working on an exclusive, and now we know the former Treyarch developers at Deviation Games have been working on an exclusive for over a year that is almost certainly an FPS. Oh yeah and isn't Deathloop an FPS - a one year PS5 exclusive 😄.

Not to mention Gran Turismo, the Santa Monica RPG, Forsaken, Final Fantasy 16, likely another Persona game (seems like Sony has much better JRGs - but let's not mention that), Sackboy, Destruction All-Stars, Kena, Solar Ash etc.

See that's you're problem. You're not a multiplatform gamer, and you decide to remain salty and make stupid sweeping stakements like that final sentence above. Maybe you should do some research too and you might come out looking slightly less clueless.

These threads will never go anywhere because preferences are totally subjective. I'm glad to see that the Xbox as a platform is at least in the conversation since the last generation took focus off of games. No one can say they aren't about games now and I'm hopeful that they will offer plenty of fantastic gaming options for people who like all sorts of genres and for people who play with friends or alone.

sendit

was that the question? your deflecting what was said previous and it was that the franchises Microsoft had needed a rest and I pointed out how long it was between games.
its always sunny in philadelphia charlie GIF

Basically clutching at straws with that first paragraph. 'Maybe it's not crap...' 😁

Sony has no shooters? Even though Guerilla Games are rumoured to be working on one, the ex-Bungie developers at Firewalk are working on an exclusive, and now we know the former Treyarch developers at Deviation Games have been working on an exclusive for over a year that is almost certainly an FPS. Oh yeah and isn't Deathloop an FPS - a one year PS5 exclusive 😄.

Not to mention Gran Turismo, the Santa Monica RPG, Forsaken, Final Fantasy 16, likely another Persona game (seems like Sony has much better JRGs - but let's not mention that), Sackboy, Destruction All-Stars, Kena, Solar Ash etc.

See that's you're problem. You're not a multiplatform gamer, and you decide to remain salty and make stupid sweeping stakements like that final sentence above. Maybe you should do some research too and you might come out looking slightly less clueless.
Lol Not a multiplatform owner? I bought PS and Xbox every generation. i own all systems and PC. Pretty sure i play more games than you who blindly locked to PS and Hate everything Xbox. Only a delusional clueless ps fan will bash a Xbox game before its released like you doing incase of Halo lol

And we talking about 1st party. Now you bringing money hatted 3rd JRPGs exclusives hehe. Lost the battle already lol.. Im talking about 1st RPGs boy and you got zero in your ps land

And Sony shooters lol. All flopped. Lets not talk about them

Last edited:

TV&Drugs

Neo Member
Lol Not a multiplatform owner? I bought PS and Xbox every generation. i own all systems and PC. Pretty sure i play more games than you who blindly locked to PS and Hate everything Xbox. Only a delusional clueless ps fan will bash a Xbox game before its released like you doing incase of Halo lol

And we talking about 1st party. Now you bringing money hatted 3rd JRPGs exclusives hehe. Lost the battle already lol.. Im talking about 1st RPGs boy and you got zero in your ps land

I have an xbox and not a PS, and I am 100% cool with bashing Xbox. Its only natural.

In fact I find it a bit annoying how people bring up Xbox's boring first party lineup as if its even close to PS' level.

Xbox is cool because of GP, not their first party games. I will admit part of it is also, like how are people so excited about Forza. If you are into driving sims, its obviously the creme, but its also incredibly unexciting even if you are into that. Its like being overhyped for a new Fifa game. Its Forza we get it. And dont get me started on all the xbox owners pretending to be hyped for Flight Sim.

I get that Xbox has a lot of stuff coming down the line. Too many multiplayer and RPGs. And Xbox didnt have a single thing that blew ppl aways at E3.

Sony released Ratchet and Clank, and showed off Horizon, and is probably going to blow us away with new God of War footage.

Honestly, where are the badass single player games from MS? Its just downright bizarre. Sony is kicking ass and taking names with their single player games, I honestly am confused why MS just doesnt want to make those games.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned

I own a PC fool, and you're talking abut blind hate and all you do is shit on Playstation 😁.

"Lost the battle" - it's retarded statements like that sum you up. You're like a sad 15 year-old Xbox zealot who makes up imaginary battles in your head. I really can only assume you're a kid given some of the crap that you come out with. That list on the first page even lists Crossfire X and Warhammer 40K: Darktide ffs, but I guess Xbox moneyhatting is fine and dandy.

And Sony shooters flopped? What even the ones that aren't even out yet? 💩. Also patently obvious you never played Resistance Fall of Man 2 or any of the SOCOM games to make another dumbass comment like that 🤡.

Last edited:
I have an xbox and not a PS, and I am 100% cool with bashing Xbox. Its only natural.

In fact I find it a bit annoying how people bring up Xbox's boring first party lineup as if its even close to PS' level.

Xbox is cool because of GP, not their first party games. I will admit part of it is also, like how are people so excited about Forza. If you are into driving sims, its obviously the creme, but its also incredibly unexciting even if you are into that. Its like being overhyped for a new Fifa game. Its Forza we get it. And dont get me started on all the xbox owners pretending to be hyped for Flight Sim.

I get that Xbox has a lot of stuff coming down the line. Too many multiplayer and RPGs. And Xbox didnt have a single thing that blew ppl aways at E3.

Sony released Ratchet and Clank, and showed off Horizon, and is probably going to blow us away with new God of War footage.

Honestly, where are the badass single player games from MS? Its just downright bizarre. Sony is kicking ass and taking names with their single player games, I honestly am confused why MS just doesnt want to make those games.

SP games coming. Pandemic slowed development for lot of big Xbox games.

And I have a PS and Xbox. And i have full right to criticize Sony for lack of badass shooters and multiplayer games from Sony? Can they do anything except slow walking and talking 3rd person action games? Sony fails in every genre except 3rd person. Now their racing games also sucks.

You want SP games from Xbox and i want Fighting, WRPG, fps and multiplayer games from Sony owned 1st party studios.

I was critical of Xbox during Xbox one generation but now they doing what fans asking. Heavily investing in games and making value better with game pass.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Aside from Ratchet, which Sony PS5 exclusive is the best combo of technical showoff and fun? Got a windfall and I see that Returnal, Demon's Souls, and Spiderman are on sale.

I own a PC fool, and you're talking abut blind hate and all you do is shit on Playstation 😁.

"Lost the battle" - it's retarded statements like that sum you up. You're like a sad 15 year-old Xbox zealot who makes up imaginary battles in your head. I really can only assume you're a kid given some of the crap that you come out with. That list on the first page even lists Crossfire X and Warhammer 40K: Darktide ffs, but I guess Xbox moneyhatting is fine and dandy.

And Sony shooters flopped? What even the ones that aren't even out yet? 💩. Also patently obvious you never played Resistance Fall of Man 2 or any of the SOCOM games to make another dumbass comment like that 🤡.

Haha. 10 year old baby got mad and now using personal insult aww. Lol. I was waiting for this only. I was waiting when immature fanboy like you will start getting personal as you clearly got nothing reasonable to say now.

Also if Sony shooters were so great then where is sequel to Socom or Resistance or KZ now? They flopped, so not investing in them.

TV&Drugs

Neo Member

And I have a PS and Xbox. And i have full right to criticize Sony for lack of badass shooters and multiplayer games from Sony? Can they do anything except slow walking and talking 3rd person action games? Sony fails in every genre except 3rd person. Now their racing games also sucks.

You want SP games from Xbox and i want Fighting, WRPG, fps and multiplayer games from Sony owned 1st party studios.

I was critical of Xbox during Xbox one generation but now they doing what fans asking. Heavily investing in games and making value better with game pass.

Obviously down the line Xbox is going to annihilate Sony when it comes to WRPGs. But the thing is how many 100hr fantasy RPGs can one play? Its just really really weird how many they have coming out.

Most genres will be server well by third party, other than the epic single player type games Sony makes. There are always lots of great third part multiplayer games. I find it weird that a gamer is dismissive of great, tight, third party games. Like that is just the main course in the realm of games, imo.

Xbox is investing in games indeed. But its not curated is the problem. They didnt have the studios themselves so they just bought a load, and there is nothing wrong with that. But they have no choice to but to release the games they were making. This is the reason their lineup is so much more bleh.

If they made the same number of games ground up, you can bet your ass there would be way more epic SP games.

Hezekiah

Banned
Haha. 10 year old baby got mad and now using personal insult aww. Lol. I was waiting for this only. I was waiting when immature fanboy like you will start getting personal as you clearly got nothing reasonable to say now.

Also if Sony shooters were so great then where is sequel to Socom or Resistance or KZ now? They flopped, so not investing in them.
You're absolutely clueless 😁. You've made so many inaccurate comments over and over again, and instead of admitting it you're digging your heels in making an even bigger fool of yourself.

As I said it's blindingly obvious you haven't actually played these games - and yet you've still got the balls to pass judgement on them. Oh and Resistance 2 did get a sequel (and a PSP game made by Bend Studio) - once again your ignorance is on display, and there have been four (five if you include the PSP game) Killzone games. Both series have sold several million copies. You might not be aware as you don't seem to know anything about Playstation, but the developers of these franchises are currently working on a couple of well-known franchises, namely Spiderman and Horizon - although they're third-person games so I wouldn't expect you to be interested in them 😅😅.

While I think Sony has the better lineup for me personally, if Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite deliver 9/10+ goods they will dominate the later part of this year. It honestly depends on how good those games end up being.
I agree but with what we've seen so far both games look excellent and I'd be very surprised if either scored under 90 on metacritic, Horizon 5 is the follow up to a 92mc rated game and even Halo 5 is rated 84mc.

Robb

Gold Member
I'd say Sony personally, but the late 2021 lineup for Xbox is looking really great as well.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Concrete Genie, Astro's Playroom, Dreams, Returnal?

TV&Drugs

Neo Member
I agree but with what we've seen so far both games look excellent and I'd be very surprised if either scored under 90 on metacritic, Horizon 5 is the follow up to a 92mc rated game and even Halo 5 is rated 84mc.

OMG another racing sim with slightly better graphics! So exciting! Absolutely baffled at how Xbox owners are acting like Forza and Flight Sim are these 800 pound giants, but to be honest that is also largely due to my taste in racing sims. They are aight, can be cool. But incredibly unexciting. Other than graphics these games are essentially the same. Just don't buy the pretend excitement at all.

Looking forward to Halo Infinite. But lets not pretend its very existence isn't a de facto failure. 343 made two failed Halo games. They have no idea how to take the franchise forward. So they are just redoing old school Halo with some upgrades. Same enemies with the same animations. It does look cool, but Halo aint what it used to be. Thats for sure.

Last edited:

skit_data

Would you be surprised if Halo Infinite scored under 90 on MC?

Looking at their average score I’d be surprised if they scored over 90 on MC.

Would you be surprised if Halo Infinite scored under 90 on MC?

Looking at their average score I’d be surprised if they scored over 90 on MC.
After what they showed I'm expecting a very good game. Obviously the game had an extra year in development and it looks like its been put to good use, I think it's got a great shot.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If Horizon lands in 2021 Sony takes it IMO.

If it slips to 2022 and there isnt really any games for holiday season then its much closer and I would say MS takes the year with Flight Sim, Halo and Forza.

iHaunter

Ms games aren't out yet, and they must be really fucking good to surpass Sony (im team green, but you have to admit r&c and horizon are big hits...)
Miles Morales, Demon's Souls Remake, Returnal, potentially GT7 this year as well. IDK list is just huge for a new console IMHO.

reksveks

Miles Morales, Demon's Souls Remake, Returnal, potentially GT7 this year as well. IDK list is just huge for a new console IMHO.
GT7 already confirmed to be delayed.

Also think the original article/post is talking calendar year of 2021 so disqualifying miles and demon souls

Last edited:

iHaunter

GT7 has been officially postponed to 2022 months ago.
Guess I missed the memo on that one. Sad, but not unexpected!
GT7 already confirmed to be delayed.

Also think the original article/post is talking calendar year of 2021 so disqualifying miles and demon souls
Yes, I believe it is confirmed. I guess I'm looking at it from 1st year of console launch rather than year date.

TV&Drugs

Neo Member

And Rachet and Clank and Horizon later this year. Its an incredible first year, straight up. Any one of these games on its own, beats Xbox whole first year lineup, Miles, Rachet and sure to be Horizon. Xbox doesnt even have one exciting game. Not one.

Oh but Xbox has Flight Sim coming out. F those games, Flight Sim baby!!! Slowly gliding through skies and learning tedious controls. Cause you know, thats what videogames are about. Doing tedious realistic tasks.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If and I say IF halo and forza make it out before Xmas then Microsoft takes over ps5 in the final stretch of the year to snag it Imo.

Leyasu

Banned
PS has had a great start to the year, and now Microsoft is potentially going to have a great end to the year. Especially if Halo is released.

pasterpl

Ps:

Demon Souls
Ratchet
Returnal

Xbox:

??
??

Also PC, No really exclusive game
Demon souls remake is 2020 game and this thread is about 2021

Also with Sony now releasing their first party games should we start slowly crossiing out their exclusives as these start to appear on pc?

T0minator

The experiences that are available on the PS5s first entire year are greater than what the first year of Xbox Series has to offer. It's actually not even close. But still no indicator for how this generation will end up. This gen will most likely be Sony and Microsofts best efforts so far

Last edited:

Redlight

Can this idea die in a fire? Most people here are console players and firmly understand what 'exclusive' means. I can play Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, big deal, it's still a Sony exclusive as far as I'm concerned.

Can I play it on Xbox? No. Can you play Halo on PS5? No. That's all that counts.

PC is it's own thing.

Marty-McFly

Banned
Sony has nothing for the rest of the year.

MS has Horizon and Halo (or does it even have a release date).

Nintendo has Metroid Dread and SMVT5.

Call me an outlier, but Nintendo's games for the rest of the year appeal to me most.

Halo and Forza look great but when is the last time I played a Metroid, the king? and SMVT looks fire.

Leo9

If Horizon FW is delayed Xbox should “win” the year. Halo and horizon 5 are massive titles, they should easily outsell returnal and R&C and both have potential to win the GOTY award.
I expect Forza Horizon to be over 90 on metacritic.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
The experiences that are available on the PS5s first entire year are greater than what the first year of Xbox Series has to offer. It's actually not even close. But still no indicator for how this generation will end up. This gen will most likely be Sony and Microsofts best efforts so far

Saying random things without any facts doesn't make it true.

Also, this thread didn't age well.

And Rachet and Clank and Horizon later this year. Its an incredible first year, straight up. Any one of these games on its own, beats Xbox whole first year lineup, Miles, Rachet and sure to be Horizon. Xbox doesnt even have one exciting game. Not one.

Oh but Xbox has Flight Sim coming out. F those games, Flight Sim baby!!! Slowly gliding through skies and learning tedious controls. Cause you know, thats what videogames are about. Doing tedious realistic tasks.
I'm enjoying this post.

EnzoArt

Ps:

Demon Souls
Ratchet
Returnal

Xbox:

??
??

Demon souls remake is 2020 game and this thread is about 2021

Also with Sony now releasing their first party games should we start slowly crossiing out their exclusives as these start to appear on pc?
If a Sony game comes out day one for PC or another platform, the PS5 will become obsolete and useless, as is the case with Xbox today.

EnzoArt

Can this idea die in a fire? Most people here are console players and firmly understand what 'exclusive' means. I can play Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, big deal, it's still a Sony exclusive as far as I'm concerned.

Can I play it on Xbox? No. Can you play Halo on PS5? No. That's all that counts.

PC is it's own thing.
Horizon is no longer PS exclusive, meaning I can play on another platform without having to buy a Playstation.

In short, it's not exclusive to the PS4, so I can't count it as exclusive, that's pretty obvious.

Top Bottom