• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Console Has The Best 2021 Exclusive Games?

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Console Has The Best 2021 Exclusive Games?

• Xbox

Votes: 217 34.1%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 373 58.6%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 46 7.2%

• Total voters

elliot5

Ps:

Demon Souls
Ratchet
Returnal

Xbox:

??
??

Also PC, No really exclusive game

If a Sony game comes out day one for PC or another platform, the PS5 will become obsolete and useless, as is the case with Xbox today.
How are we in current year and still I have to read comments about how Xbox games are on PC so there's no real exclusive games.

Nobody gives a fuck. They're all on PC and Xbox day one outside of unique situations. It's all Microsoft.

EnzoArt

How are we in current year and still I have to read comments about how Xbox games are on PC so there's no real exclusive games.

Nobody gives a fuck. They're all on PC and Xbox day one outside of unique situations. It's all Microsoft.
It's all Microsoft but it's not all "ONLY ON XBOX", ie Xbox exclusives.

In other words, Xbox doesn't have exclusives, but it does have games.

So if we are going to compare "exclusives vs exclusives" we have to be fair, only Nintendo Switch and Playstation 5 have exclusive games.

Just want to throw out my confusion about a mod saying I was shilling for MS by responding to someone who was thinking about XSS because he was impatient for waiting for XSX OR PS5 stock to come in, when all I did was mention the MS payment plan allows him to upgrade to XSX for free anyway. Also I was confused Sony didn't do the same after a trial in Asia was, from what I can find, successful.

Not everyone is in the warz.

Anyway back on topic, there's still nearly half the year left, and too many games have yet to come out so there's now way if knowing which will turn out good yet.

For all we know all future exclusives for all consoles will score 5's and 6's. Sure not likely, but we dont know. I'd agree with another person who said wait until January.

KAL2006

Banned
All 3 consoles have been shit. Ratchet while beautiful is not a must have for me, I've played enough Ratchet games and the gameplay loop isn't all that, it's a game I'd buy when it's in the bargain bin, not bad but nothing special. Returnal looks cool but I wouldn't pay full price for it. The rest of the games are just ports (Death Stranding, FF7 Intergrade, Ghosts etc).

Microsoft exclusive lineup (I'm including the games that also come to PC) are basically non existent, apart from a bunch of time exclusive indie games that are not must haves. People can talk about Fight Simulator but really who plays this shit. The only thing they have is Halo which is a franchise that has flopped for the past 2 entries and who would want to play that when there is Battlefield that looks way better. As for the campaign it looked like hot garbage the last time I seen it.

Looks like the bug guns have all been delayed, God of War, Horizon and Starfield are the type of games that are must haves for me.

Topher

Gold Member

Agree. It is a pointless point to make especially when the discussion is limited to consoles.

Just want to throw out my confusion about a mod saying I was shilling for MS by responding to someone who was thinking about XSS because he was impatient for waiting for XSX OR PS5 stock to come in, when all I did was mention the MS payment plan allows him to upgrade to XSX for free anyway. Also I was confused Sony didn't do the same after a trial in Asia was, from what I can find, successful.

Others have pointed out that you cannot upgrade from XSS to XSX. Why are you still posting this?

Last edited:
Agree. It is a pointless point to make especially when the discussion is limited to consoles.

Others have pointed out that you cannot upgrade from XSS to XSX. Why are you still posting this?
Because they are wrong and can verify with customer service.

If you get all access once you are eligible you can switch all access to series X. I dont know why people are confused on this, it's not that different from how phone upgrades work.

If you mean this idiot:

If you pay attention he mixes Xbox One S with XSS.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Because they are wrong and can verify with customer service.

If you get all access once you are eligible you can switch all access to series X. I dont know why people are confused on this, it's not that different from how phone upgrades work.

You need to read the terms and conditions again.

Upgrade Summary
If you meet certain eligibility requirements, you are eligible to upgrade your Xbox One X, Xbox One S, or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition console purchased with Xbox All Access to the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S consoles. In order to upgrade, you must trade in your existing Xbox One console (in good condition) and purchase an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S console with Xbox All Access, under a new 24-month agreement. New contract, terms, and pricing required for upgrade; monthly payments may be higher.

Note: You can purchase Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S with Xbox All Access at any time, including during the pre-order window, from any participating Xbox All Access retailer (subject to availability) without having to wait to complete your minimum payment requirements for upgrade. You will still have to continue to make the remaining payments on your original Xbox All Access console until you have met the minimum payment requirements.

You may upgrade from Xbox One X, Xbox One S, and Xbox One S All-Digital Edition to the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S consoles only. Upgrading from Xbox One S All-Digital Edition will require payment of an upgrade fee (USD$20); upgrading from Xbox One X and Xbox One S does not require payment of an upgrade fee.

SSfox

It's not the best Sony year by any means, and still PS5 has the best 2021 exclusives games. VF5 Ultimate Showdown alone is superior than all Xbox exclusives combined. So.

But again those kind of things are subjective as usual, there is no black or white here, it's personal opinions and tastes for the most part.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
If you mean this idiot:

If you pay attention he mixes Xbox One S with XSS.

You are seriously calling him an idiot when he is copying and pasting from xbox.com?

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

phil_t98

#SonyToo
It's not the best Sony year by any means, and still PS5 has the best 2021 exclusives games. VF5 Ultimate Showdown alone is superior than all Xbox exclusives combined. So.

But again those kind of things are subjective as usual, there is no black or white here, it's personal opinions and tastes for the most part.
Yeah I can say forza horizon 5 will be better than any Sony game out this year.

sony taking a big hit this Xmas with not HZD 2 tbh but had a good start to the year.

xbox seem to have a better end to the year game wise

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah I can say forza horizon 5 will be better than any Sony game out this year.

sony taking a big hit this Xmas with not HZD 2 tbh but had a good start to the year.

xbox seem to have a better end to the year game wise

For racing and flight sim fans, Xbox definitely had a better year. Sony has your platformer and action games covered. Just depends on what angle you look at it.

A lot of PS4 games on this list and a lot of Sony boys here

That's the same argument as "Xbox has no exclusives", isn't it? And what about the Xbox one games? Wait....joke post?

Last edited:

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
If Halo is any good this Fall and Horizon is delayed, then it's not a competition. Going into the 2H of the year without any major first party games is understandable but really disappointing.

Codes 208

For me its definitely xbox. The Halo infinite flight has relit my love for the multiplayer in a way halo 5 could only dream of.

and with a good chunk of sony’s best being put back for 2022, its just a given at this point for me. (Though i did thoroughly enjoy R&C)

and nintendo is…well, nintnedo, i always love me some good new romps and ports of faves like zelda and mario but in terms of legitimately new exclusives: xbox wins for me.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
All 3 consoles have been shit. Ratchet while beautiful is not a must have for me, I've played enough Ratchet games and the gameplay loop isn't all that, it's a game I'd buy when it's in the bargain bin, not bad but nothing special. Returnal looks cool but I wouldn't pay full price for it. The rest of the games are just ports (Death Stranding, FF7 Intergrade, Ghosts etc).

Microsoft exclusive lineup (I'm including the games that also come to PC) are basically non existent, apart from a bunch of time exclusive indie games that are not must haves. People can talk about Fight Simulator but really who plays this shit. The only thing they have is Halo which is a franchise that has flopped for the past 2 entries and who would want to play that when there is Battlefield that looks way better. As for the campaign it looked like hot garbage the last time I seen it.

Looks like the bug guns have all been delayed, God of War, Horizon and Starfield are the type of games that are must haves for me.
Speak for yourself bro, PS5 has been awesome

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It's all Microsoft but it's not all "ONLY ON XBOX", ie Xbox exclusives.

In other words, Xbox doesn't have exclusives, but it does have games.

So if we are going to compare "exclusives vs exclusives" we have to be fair, only Nintendo Switch and Playstation 5 have exclusive games.
When your list falls apart, shift the narrative to semantics. Nice effort.

Jesb

With how hard they are to still find Microsoft and Sony doesn’t even need them. The only console I ever seen on shelves was the Xbox S.

Hobbygaming

So far it looks like

PS5
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Returnal
Guilty Gear Strive
FIST
Solar Ash

Xbox Series X
Halo Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Microsoft Flight Simulator
The Ascent

NickFire

So far it looks like

PS5
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Returnal
Guilty Gear Strive
FIST
Solar Ash

Xbox Series X
Halo Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Microsoft Flight Simulator
The Ascent
Any particular reason not to include Ghost of Tsushima on that list? It did pretty well in terms of PS4 reviews, and comes out this month. I know it released on PS4 already, but if cross gen is a disqualifier, then . . . .

ethomaz

Banned
You are seriously calling him an idiot when he is copying and pasting from xbox.com?

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office
Well you can really upgrade from Series S to Series X if you find one.
He didn't even understand what he quoted.

Last edited:
How can you name something "The Best" if it hasn't been released yet? You can only crown something "The Best" after the fact, after it has proven it's the Best. Shouldn't it be "who 'potentially' has the best 2021 exclusives" 🤷‍♂️

Hobbygaming

Any particular reason not to include Ghost of Tsushima on that list? It did pretty well in terms of PS4 reviews, and comes out this month. I know it released on PS4 already, but if cross gen is a disqualifier, then . . . .
Yeah I didn't include it because it's an expansion but IMO Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut > everything yet to release in 2021

Markio128

I find it staggering how often Disco Elysium gets left out of these discussions, with it being one of the more memorable PS5 games this year.
I knew this would not age well at all. We have gotten Death's Door, Flight Simulator and The Ascent in the couple of weeks and still have like 15 exclusives coming. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Topher

Gold Member
Well you can really upgrade from Series S to Series X if you find one.
He didn't even understand what he quoted.

dash man is talking about the Microsoft upgrade option. He has it confused.

This is what I said.

My goodness your as confused as the guy you quoted. You can upgrade XSS to XSX.

What part of the quote from the terms and conditions do you not understand?

"You may upgrade from Xbox One X, Xbox One S, and Xbox One S All-Digital Edition to the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S consoles only."

You cannot upgrade Xbox Series S to Xbox Series X. You can upgrade Xbox One to Xbox Series. Period.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
PS is my main platform and I feel Sony dropped the ball this year. Ratchet was a very short game that didn't really do anything new or exciting outside of looking nice. Returnal wasn't really my cup of tea. FF7R Intergrade was great but I played the game last year already. All the heavy hitting games got pushed to next year. There's nothing to really look forward to for the rest of this year.

MS is off to an extremely slow start but has Halo and Forza soon. Those are two huge games I will sink tons of hours into. I am also looking forward to Tunic and possibly CrossfireX. Flight sim has been a lot of fun to mess around with.

MS easily wins this year.

Hobbygaming

I knew this would not age well at all. We have gotten Death's Door, Flight Simulator and The Ascent in the couple of weeks and still have like 15 exclusives coming. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF
You still think all of those games without release dates are coming? It's August
Awkward The Launch GIF by CTV

drotahorror

If horizon didn’t get delayed I’d have said ps5. I don’t even have an Xbox but the variety and quality is really solid.

ethomaz

Banned
dash man is talking about the Microsoft upgrade option. He has it confused.

What part of the quote from the terms and conditions do you not understand?

"You may upgrade from Xbox One X, Xbox One S, and Xbox One S All-Digital Edition to the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S consoles only."

You cannot upgrade Xbox Series S to Xbox Series X. You can upgrade Xbox One to Xbox Series. Period.
From what I read they were not talking about MS upgrade program at all... the guy you quoted did throw it in that quote and people started to laugh at him.

The quote/link is completely out of context... that is why people laughed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom