• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps5 vs XSX call of duty

CobraXT

Banned

Screenshot-20201115-121805-com-vanced-android-youtube-01.jpg

XSX is performing better here

Every comparison I've seen has been a tiny bit in Series X's favour, not sure what videos you've been watching...not bad considering developers have had the PS5 debut kits for a while longer and Microsoft's new development software will take a while longer to get to grips with!

Expect Series X to pull ahead eventually, if not, you might be left a tad disappointed.

And in the end while it is fun to see which one "wins", unless gamer owns both systems it doesnt matter at all.

Because they just buy the game for their system and play that, kind of weird if they would seriously care if their version is 5% faster or slower :messenger_savoring:

If it would be 50fps vs 120fps, then I get it that it would annoy some people, but they are practically the same, which were known for months but xbox fanboys wanted to spam the "12tflops makes 3rd party games run 4k vs 144op"

INC

Release multiplatform games not being 100%, not really a shock.

Both run almost identical barring a few frames and screen tear, the screen tearing is odd tho

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Will it though? PS5s key features like the geometry engine and SSD aren't even being leveraged yet

Xbox was supposed to have the clear advantages on games developed for the last gen pipines but it clearly doesn't

Trying to give it the benefit of the doubt! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Elios83

These results are definetly not what some people were expecting and it's becoming a trend.
It will be interesting to try to understand what's going wrong on the XSX side, if the split memory bandwidth might be a issue (CPU has slower memory bandwidth), if there's some bottleneck somewhere, if the tools are totally shitty.
But yeah leaving alone the fanatics (that expected XSX to run games at native 4K with 60fps and ray tracing while PS5 in their minds would be dynamic 4K, 30fps with no ray tracing) a small advantage for the XSX was expected, in reality it's PS5 that is actually having small advantages in real games.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

It's right after the cutscene where XSX has clear advantage so it's like that on the graph, and you can see that in gameplay part PS5 line is above.
There are two seconds at 1m44s, everywhere else there are more drops including a long segment where PS5 is at +/- 45fps.

assurdum

Banned
This is interesting:
btSHqDW.jpg

~30% better performance here on XSX, GPU bound scenario (cutscene). But we don't know how dynamic resolution system works, is XSX the same res, higher or lower?

Now in gameplay they perform the same:

rcCs51N.jpg

Or PS5 has tiny better performance:

4ZfqkLu.jpg

CAN'T WAIT FOR DF!!11!1

1a2480e7d69279e9eef217494e0fda00.gif
ok call me paranoic but why this comparison is all about cutscene and the only gameplay sequence mostly showed the serie X will better performance? Seems too much "on purpose" to me.

Last edited:

elfp

Neo Member
W4UoMLK.jpg

Does this person know what he/she is doing? Or am I the one who do not know what I am looking at?

assurdum

Banned
PS5 dropping to 23 fps in the Reagan cutscene is pretty interesting, I don't think this thread will make it to 30 pages like the AC one...

Edit: and 40 fps in gameplay in the airport scene.
Yeah and the only playable sequence showed has such dramatic drop on ps5, I'm asking why. Mmm. mmm. Seems very valid to give an idea how works the whole performance.

Last edited:

geordiemp

This is interesting:
btSHqDW.jpg

~30% better performance here on XSX, GPU bound scenario (cutscene). But we don't know how dynamic resolution system works, is XSX the same res, higher or lower?

Now in gameplay they perform the same:

rcCs51N.jpg

Or PS5 has tiny better performance:

4ZfqkLu.jpg

CAN'T WAIT FOR DF!!11!1

1a2480e7d69279e9eef217494e0fda00.gif

Not to sure the source, but does not seem to be even counting the 30 FPS cut scenes correctly.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

Lord help us all. You're taking these cherry picked screenshots on a literal millisecond drop in certain gameplay that's not even matching. This is "a win is a win" mentality in a contest that is not significant. You would think from the pic that the Xbox never hits 120fps.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

And people were talking about damage control in the beginning of this thread, delicious.

Again, I think this thread will now quickly die considering the expected result isn't exactly obtained.

One more thing: dropping from 120 fps to (let's take the lowest) 82 fps is something you will barely notice. But going to 23fps in a cutscene... that will hurt.

Top Bottom