• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps5 vs XSX call of duty

Ps5 performing a bit better again.

Becoming a trend i guess.

Like for like comparison:

CxfehjF.jpg

K2EIkw6.jpg

44dB8CA.jpg

Also xsx has 1 second drops that are bad but for 1 second like this one :

VxxdDo8.jpg

Last edited:

tronied

The XSX gets the largest frame drops over the PS5 when they respawn or just start playing. It seems the SSD / IO really provides an advantage there to prevent loading being an issue whilst playing. Other than that, the frame drops are fairly equivalent with drops into the 105’s/ 110’s on both the XSX and PS5. For actual gameplay then, they’re achieving more or less the same.

It never will be alignhed its multiplayer at 1080p120, so the dips will never be aligned, just need to look at teh stability and the amount of frame rate dip.

Ps5 performs better here

At the very least the video should show both online, or both against bots. Instead we've got XsX online and PS5 against bots.

And yes, both versions are roughly equal here. Though we all know you wouldn't have posted the thread if you genuinely believed that was the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

BabyYoda

Banned
Ps5 performing a bit better again.

Becoming a trend i guess.

44dB8CA.jpg
Every comparison I've seen has been a tiny bit in Series X's favour, not sure what videos you've been watching...not bad considering developers have had the PS5 debut kits for a while longer and Microsoft's new development software will take a while longer to get to grips with!

Expect Series X to pull ahead eventually, if not, you might be left a tad disappointed.

sendit

The XSX gets the largest frame drops over the PS5 when they respawn or just start playing. It seems the SSD / IO really provides an advantage there to prevent loading being an issue whilst playing. Other than that, the frame drops are fairly equivalent with drops into the 105’s/ 110’s on both the XSX and PS5. For actual gameplay then, they’re achieving more or less the same.

Doubt this has anything to do with it. I’m sure the majority of, if not all the assets have already been loaded in to RAM.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Every comparison I've seen has been a tiny bit in Series X's favour, not sure what videos you've been watching...not bad considering developers have had the PS5 debut kits for a while longer and Microsoft's new development software will take a while longer to get to grips with!

Expect Series X to pull ahead eventually, if not, you might be left a tad disappointed.

So far XSX performs slighty worse mostly. We are talking about console that was supposed to be AT LEAST (when PS5 is "overclocked", not standard 9TF :messenger_tears_of_joy:) 20% more powerful so even if there is slight win in DMC in some modes it's completly not matching paper specs of the consoles.

Armorian

Banned
XSX performance is a little disappointing for sure. The stupid memory split probably also doesn't help. They really should have gone with 20GB at full speed.

Yeah you reminded me of this... Devs has less CPU memory and with lower speed than on PS5...

But I heard the ps5 cant do 120 fps

In PS4 SKU due to how BC works.

Last edited:

Ps5 performs better in assasim creed valhalla at higher resolution

0VElO3n.png

fNQ5K1T.png

And ps5 outperforms xsx in dmc5 se in high frame mode

So no you are wrong . We will Keep waiting maybe it will change?

Night and day tone change from few backs though when xsx was gonna crush ps5 🤔👀

geordiemp

I'd argue that it isn't really, frames were dropping after player death. I still think it's far too early to judge a consoles performance.

It does not matter for the gameplay during death of course in COD..

But the low dips does show how each hardware power and architectural design deals with different work loads at 120 FPS and ps5 is just more nimble.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

Ah... the flipping table...
The SX is still a great value. MS has a lot of internal studios now and I love Halo. Game Pass is an insane value and is the only next gen console where BC is so good you can play Black at 4K. If that isn’t a win I don’t know why we have video games in the first place. It’s just not the most powerful console ever forever ever.

Last edited:

geordiemp

Both XSX and Ps5 silicon revisions were 2H 2019. Both are coming in hot. Your hope for the future :

Vae_Victis

Banned
It's interesting that the game pretty much only drops frames during killcams on both versions, with the Series X being slightly worse there.

Both GPUs definitely hold 120 fps without a problem all the time, but there is a continued hiccup whenever the game has to fetch stored data to recreate a past occurrence. What is being used for it is probably a tiny amount of memory and is probably kept in RAM already, so the SSD is out of the equation.

So my layman best guesses are that there is either an inefficiency related to the CPU having to recreate a past event while keeping track in background of the current action still going on (even if it's not being rendered), or there is something related to reading stuff back from RAM while the game is still being run in the background (and consequently RAM could still also be written at the same time).

In any case, this seems more like a small optimization issue on both consoles, that for some reason hits the XSX version a bit harder.

Yoboman

Becoming clearer and clearer that devs have been able to work with the Ps5 longer and better than they have XSX. The XBox will catch up over time, but will it be too late in terms of market share? If CoD is perceived to run better on Ps5, that’s a lot of sales going Sony’s way.
Will it though? PS5s key features like the geometry engine and SSD aren't even being leveraged yet

Xbox was supposed to have the clear advantages on games developed for the last gen pipines but it clearly doesn't

Top Bottom