• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Bunch of Final Fantasy games on sale on US PSN right now (30%/50% plussers)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
On sale until March 27th. 30% for regular, 50% for plussers

Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) $13.99/$9.79
Final Fantasy Origins (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) $20.99/$14.69
Final Fantasy V (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy VI (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy VII (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy VIII (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy IX (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP) $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89

Move to offtopic if not gaming related

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
wow, great prices, glad I held out on the PSP games for my Vita.

Plasma

Banned
I wouldn't mind picking up FFVII and VIII to play on my Vita, has there been any word on when they'll patch in PS1 compatibility?

Great prices! Too bad I already own all of them except FF VI and FF Tactics PS1. Will probably get those just to complete my collection. The fact that some people will get FF VII, VIII, and IX for $5 each is awesome though.

Beth Cyra

I wouldn't mind picking up FFVII and VIII to play on my Vita, has there been any word on when they'll patch in PS1 compatibility?

Wasn't the word that it would come evenutally?

At that price it's worth it even if it is a bit off in the future to use them.

never played 9, by any chance does it hold up well?
If you can put up with a battle starting then it being about 15 seconds before anything happens* then yes (personally, I can't).

*-as in it takes that long for the camera to finish panning about and the ATB bars to show up

Zwei

Final Fantasy Origins (PSone Classic): $6.99/
Final Fantasy V (PSone Classic): $6.99/
Final Fantasy VI (PSone Classic): $6.99/
Final Fantasy VII (PSone Classic): $6.99/
Final Fantasy VIII (PSone Classic): $6.99/
Final Fantasy IX (PSone Classic): $6.99/
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP) $6.99/
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSone Classic): $6.99/

..should be the regular prices for these titles. :/

Beth Cyra

never played 9, by any chance does it hold up well?

I think that IX is easily the worst of the PS1 FF's, and the battle speed is true and complete garbage.

However, you should play it anyway for Kuja and the amazing Summon CG's.

Which FF (besides 7 and 8) has the most simple gameplay? I'm looking for a good story not a challenging game

I would say go with FF V, the Job System allows for some really fun Gameplay but it very simple and easy to understand. The story is also light hearted so the whole game is just a joy to play. The hardest part is the end boss, but even then he is very simple to beat even at low level.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FFVI is not totally simple but it's my favorite and lengthy. The game even has d-pad fighting style moves for one of the characters.

Ponn

Banned
I heard they were bringing the PSP versions of FF one and two to the PSN store. Are they still doing that or do I need to pick up FF origins to complete my FF collection.

Top Bottom