• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA - For those of us that pre-ordered PS5 direct from Sony

Inarius

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
I'm sure you've seen the email that your pre-order will be processing soon. Apparently Sony never actually charged our credit cards that day, it was more of a hold being placed on the account to verify the information and then after a few days the hold was lifted(standard fare really). I reached out to Sony CS with some questions.

See when I pre-ordered, my credit card company flagged the charge as suspicious and wouldn't allow it without my approval(which required a call in to the credit card company and verbal authorization). I eventually got the order in, received the pre-order email verification, and went along my merry way trying to help friends score their own pre-orders. I asked the CS rep what would happen if this same sequence of events(card company flagging the purchase) happened when they went to re-authorize the payment. I was told that my order would be cancelled. They told me that in order to avoid this happening they recommend that I reach out to my credit card company and let them know that a large purchase from "Playstation Direct" will be charged sometime on Friday, November 6th. I verified the date and name several times.

I would strongly recommend that everyone that pre-ordered through Sony reach out to their credit card company and let them know about this charge.

Top Bottom