• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: For those with unsecured PS5!....GameStop will be doing in-store only preorders for PlayStation 5 (Disc) this Friday (9/25) via..Wario64.

Update:

gt.jpg

======================

Secured.jpg

Get that PS5 secured sleep.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Anyone know how early we should show up to Gamestop? The ones near me open at 12 pm but I want to show up earlier, don't wanna take any chances.

Best thing to do to clarify any misinformation about specific date and hours is to call the 2 closest Gamestops near you to confirm their working hours and these very rumors. Don't be shy about it. As Wario64 said; not all Gamestops will have the stock. So checking on multiple is key.

You know the situation around PS5 stock is dire when the biggest Video Game retailer in the U.S is taking pre-orders for consoles 1 week after launch. People waiting for Day 1's at stores are crazy.

Last edited:
Best thing to do to clarify any misinformation on time and hours is call the 2 closest Gamestops near you to confirm their working hours and these very rumors. Don't be shy about it.
I called 2 of the closest gamestops an hour ago to clarify if this was happening and they both were vague, saying to call back about preorders on Friday when they open.

ethomaz

Banned
Seems like Sony is trying to increase the shipments to catch demand.

They already have eu more preorders and way more countries than competition and now they are setting a wave 2 shipment for week 2 (same week that launches in EU and others countries).

Yup. Both stores sounded pleased to share the info and didn't feel like they were holding back if that makes sense.
Yeah, both of the stores I called acted like they didn't know and told me to either sign up for preorders online or call back on Friday. I wonder if that means they won't have any preorders available?

Humdinger

I called my Gamestop. They said they'll have about a dozen of them. They also said some people are going to be lining up at 6 a.m., 6 hours before the store opens at noon.

I don't want one bad enough to line up for it hours in advance. I can wait.

Last edited:
I called my Gamestop. They said they'll have about a dozen of them, but people are going to be lining up for them 6 hours prior to opening. I don't want one that bad, lol. I can wait.

The experience may be worth it - for old tales sake. Maybe they just want to scare you away. Dirty tactics. But if you want to be sure.... you could always stock up.

armory_military_storage-ammo-cabinets.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I called my Gamestop. They said they'll have about a dozen of them. They also said some people are going to be lining up at 6 a.m., 6 hours before the store opens at noon.

I don't want one bad enough to line up for it hours in advance. I can wait.

OMG! That's insane man!

Scam

like there will be open game stops in November

That's a point I've seen twice brought up now and important too. Gamestop better come clean on this or have a solution ready if they do plan to close stores with pre-orders on the books etc. The shitstorm will be big - and not just from PlayStation fans, but Xbox fans too, or any other consumer for that matter with pre-orders on those books for Nintendo or current gen etc. So they better have proper transition of fullfillment for those sales. My guess being that the stores that they do keep open will take over the fullfillment duties of the stores that went out of business. At least it should be that way. Offering free shipping for those that make a stink about it due to location issues now being too far away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom