• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: If you are buying Control Ultimate Edition for PS5 you need to upgrade your base save on PS4 first

cormack12

Gold Member
So basically, for me this would be purchase the Ultimate Edition, Start Ultimate Edition and let the game upgrade the save. Copy that save to PS5 and then run the PS5 free upgrade which will upgrade the save again. Just in case anyone misses this or tries to copy their base save to PS5 without first upgrading it and stop them running through the game again,

YPkzelx.png

Kupfer

I bought the ultimate edition because I didn't play Control yet. I'm looking forward to it since there are no interesting PS5 launch games for me. So Cyberpunk and Control will be all I have for launch day 19.11.2020. Did 505 mention the changes they did to the upgrade yet?

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
So basically, for me this would be purchase the Ultimate Edition, Start Ultimate Edition and let the game upgrade the save. Copy that save to PS5 and then run the PS5 free upgrade which will upgrade the save again. Just in case anyone misses this or tries to copy their base save to PS5 without first upgrading it and stop them running through the game again,

YPkzelx.png
Hay que no mamen.

cormack12

Gold Member
So you have to buy the PS4 Ultimate version and upgrade to PS5.

Essentially but I think this is the only upgrade path offered anyway. This is more if someone got rid of their existing PS4 with their savefile and started the new PS5 version without knowing they could do this convoluted way to keep their save. It's also a pain in the ass though, because it means you only have this option as long as you have the PS4, so I have to make a big early decision to upgrade or get it later and run through it fresh 🤷‍♂️ I can't even save it to the cloud or USB if my PS4 is being traded in for example

Last edited:

cragarmi

This also proves that they could have given people the option of updating their save straight to PS5, the tools are available for Devs to use

I bought the ultimate edition because I didn't play Control yet. I'm looking forward to it since there are no interesting PS5 launch games for me. So Cyberpunk and Control will be all I have for launch day 19.11.2020. Did 505 mention the changes they did to the upgrade yet?

This game has no release date on next gen consoles yet.

Kupfer

So what's the way to play it? 30FPS with RT or 60FPS without RT ?

Never played the game before, so is raytracing important, like for the game itself. Do I have a benefit gameplaywise like in solving puzzles, seeing enemies around corners in reflections or is it just fancy graphics?
Since all the games I played on my PS5 (Astro's Playroom, Ghost of Tsushima, Cyperpunk, CoD) ran more or less 60FPS I don't want to bite the bullet for some reflections which I won't notice while playing.

Umbral

505 just had to see if they could get some extra money out of people. I bought the game at launch and this is my reward, being frozen out of a PS5 version unless I buy again and jump through all the hoops.

Sell me the upgrade for $5-10.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
505 just had to see if they could get some extra money out of people. I bought the game at launch and this is my reward, being frozen out of a PS5 version unless I buy again and jump through all the hoops.

Sell me the upgrade for $5-10.
Free with PS+ at least.

OK, how do I download the PS4 Control Ultimate Edition on PS5 so I can convert my save data? I can only download the PS4 normal version or the PS5 ultimate edition.

Top Bottom