• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: "The Final Hours of Portal 2" [Now On Steam For PC/Mac]

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
JaseC said:
Valve isn't the sort of developer who would shoe-horn MP into a game. If an MP component is to be a part of Episode Three/Half-Life 3, it's not going to be half-arsed. More specifically, if it's "forced" co-op, an ever-present companion is going to be written into the narrative well and not thrown in there for the sake of it a la Capcom and SHIVA! SHIVA! 5.

Edit: Oh God, I typed "their" instead of "there". :(

Her name is Sheva. Good jon.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Spire said:
Yes, you'll need the most widespread and common platform in the world to read it. Not some novelty device only Apple drones have.
Apple drones? What is wrong with you?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
EricHasNoPull said:
So if it wasn't for the wonderful age of tablets, we would've most likely gotten this for free on our internets browsers?
There aren't enough eye rolls in my world.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't give a crap about anything but watching it. I would have paid if this were on an accessible service other than an ipad which I don't own.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Maxrpg said:
Wow, what an absolutely garbage way to advertise your product - by hyping up the only platform you can buy it on, thus making those who want it contemplate spending hundreds of dollars.
Ahahahahahah, oh god.
Please, just stop.

Just finished reading. Incredible how good Geoff "Final Hours" are compared to the guy you see at VGAs (sorry, it had to be said). App interactivity is well worth the price, esp. considering the art featured in the article. It would be great to make a similar thing for upcoming games, perhaps Deus Ex: HR?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I downloaded this app and it really is extremely well done. It is EXACTLY the sort of thing that the many news outlets on death's door should be delivering to tablets. Instead they are trying to serve up newspaper articles on the tablet.

The whining in here is hilarious. I'm not saying "buy an iPad" but content like this is one of the format's strength.

I just finished reading it and thus was fantastic. High quality writing and a truly fascinating look at the collaborative process of creating a game. I'm really curious what the mechanic of the game was when it was in it's "prequel" phase.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
:D

By the way, this is an awesome read. Couldn't put it down once I started reading it the other day.

KTallguy

Banned
Is there gonna be an internal behind the scenes, like for Portal 1? I really loved that. Maybe it's already in the game and I didn't find it ?

sn00zer

Hey listen!

I remember about a year or two ago someone found the blob experiment in a leaked tech demo by Valve. The demo had some early Episode 2 stuff, but I know it also had a metal blob-like character no one could explain. Anyone have a link to this?

Hylian7

I searched but hadn't seen this posted yet, but my Steam version of Portal 2 - The Final Hours updated today and added a new chapter called "Unlikely Architects". This discusses the development of the DLC, as well as what they want to do in the future with Portal 2. It's pretty interesting stuff.

Can anyone that has the iPad version confirm that it updated too?

epmode

Should have taken a page from every other publisher on earth and sold it as DLC. They're leaving money on the table!

Top Bottom