• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: The PC version of GTA V is 18GB of Malware

I'm glad that this is a thread, not because I pirate games but because this is an interesting bit of information and this thread is the first way that I'm finding out about it.

shandy706

illustration,internet,pirate,ilustra%C3%A7%C3%A3o,pirata,dessin-24736b88c4bc82de79d65778f2145bfe_h.jpg
FKX0YTKFB7FYD1U.MEDIUM.gif

Brofield

Lol at those comments in the article.

Damn, could you imagine if NeoGAF mods took a day off for April Fools, and resume business as normal April 2nd? Oh man, it would descend into hilarious chaos!

This is one of those things where, if you download it and fuck up your computer then you have no one to blame but yourself for being stupid. There's a lot of stupid people on the internet...

/captainobvious

Skeff

Loving the Dirty pirates get tricked angle a lot of posters are going for but it doesn't really work like that.

Actual Pirates won't download this, only 13 year olds who are desperate for GTAV will.

RotBot

The article provides no evidence the file infects anybody with malware. Without an anti-malware log, it's just conjecture.

From there on, a .txt file located claims to have a key on a page where the user is forced to do surveys.

That's the real purpose of this scam. The uploader gets money when people fill out surveys or register for services using his referral code.

Miguel81

Loving the Dirty pirates get tricked angle a lot of posters are going for but it doesn't really work like that.

Actual Pirates won't download this, only 13 year olds who are desperate for GTAV will.

Pretty much.

Lol at those comments in the article.

Damn, could you imagine if NeoGAF mods took a day off for April Fools, and resume business as normal April 2nd? Oh man, it would descend into hilarious chaos!

Kinda like jr. high school class when the teacher leaves the room.

Top Bottom