• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: The Vita version of Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This sucks, but doesn't the Vita version also have its own exclusive levels? Is it enough content to make up for it?

I'm also now wondering if the levels from Origins are still in the Vita version.

How much content are we talking? 2 hours? 5?

I was wondering that too and checked some videos of the Invaded stages. They all seem to take 40 second to a minute to complete, but since they're speedrun focused-levels, I have no idea if those times are from playing those stages multiple times.

What the fuck? The Wii U version is 7GB.

Is it? I'm just going off of someone else saying the PS3 version is 2GB in this thread. That would be quite the size difference.

This sucks, but doesn't the Vita version also have its own exclusive levels? Is it enough content to make up for it?

I'm also now wondering if the levels from Origins are still in the Vita version.

The origins levels are in the Vita game. The Vita's exclusive levels are 5 Murphy levels, so it's really not much compared to what was cut.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm watching some videos and trying to figure out what these invaded levels are all about? Is it just the regular level made for speedrunning, or is there more to it? I want to get this on Vita, but if it's something substantial I'll just wait for the Steam version to be cheap.

zroid

Banned
Too bad. I was still on the fence between Vita and Wii U, but I guess this makes the decision easier.

Is it? I'm just going off of someone else saying the PS3 version is 2GB in this thread. That would be quite the size difference.

It certainly would! I cannot imagine Ubi being THAT sloppy with the optimisation, so I wonder what's up there...I've just checked on SEN and yep, 2.1GB. Makes you wonder how downgraded the assets are in comparison. Obviously something has been compressed considerably, but it's probably not noticeable in-game, given its style.

Digital Rayman Legends PS3 is 2.1GB so there is no way it can be a storage issue especially when Vita version wouldn't need full HD assets.

hachi

Banned
Sad to hear this, I had the perception of Vita version being really complete.

It perplexes me immensely that Vita would have even been in the running for "definitive" status when this is a platformer praised for its local co-op. It's like half of NeoGAF apparently has no friends.

It certainly would! I cannot imagine Ubi being THAT sloppy with the optimisation, so I wonder what's up there...I've just checked on SEN and yep, 2.1GB. Makes you wonder how downgraded the assets are in comparison. Probably just not enough to be noticeable in-game, given its style.

Weird. Playing both demos (admittingly not the full versions) they both looks exactly the same to me.

nampad

Just looked it up, apparently the PS3 version is 6.5 GB big. Don't know how much space you can save using lower res art and lower quality aufio formats for the Vita version.
If it's a size thing they should have cut the Origins levels.

Still gonna stick with my preorder though.

Digital Rayman Legends PS3 is 2.1GB so there is no way it can be a storage issue especially when Vita version wouldn't need full HD assets.

Oh it is? I looked up isos and they were 6.5 GB big.

Jeels

Vita version is also $20 cheaper, so I'm not cancelling.

I'm sure if enough people complain though, we'll at least get a statement, if not a future patch.

It perplexes me immensely that Vita would have even been in the running for "definitive" status when this is a platformer praised for its local co-op. It's like half of NeoGAF apparently has no friends.

Or maybe the friends don't give a shit about co-op 2D platformers. It would be a feat indeed to get my friends even touch a non PC game and certainly not like this or NSMB or whatever.

Or maybe the GAFfers don't give a shit about Co-op on a game like this and want to play alone.

Weird. Playing both demos (admittingly not the full versions) they both looks exactly the game to me.

There's definitely nothing between them I can detect and most Wii U downloads are of a fairly similar size to PS3 counterparts. Need for Speed: MW is 2GB bigger, but we know that its textures are of a considerably higher-resolution.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

These issues are absolutely not connected.

TimmiT

About the reason being the size: the invasion levels re-use assets from other levels, so I can't imagine them being big in file size.

ToyBroker

Banned

You guys should be impressed that the Vita is even being discussed alongside the console versions.

ITS A DAMNED HANDHELD.

I think we forget that wayyy too often.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
A damn shame and scummy that they didn't tell people much earlier as they did when boasting of exclusive Vita levels.

DR2K

Banned
You guys should be impressed that the Vita is even being discussed alongside the console versions.

ITS A DAMNED HANDHELD.

Well there's no reason to cut this specific content, unless they cut it as dlc. It's a very capable platform.

A damn shame and scummy that they didn't tell people much earlier as they did when boasting of exclusive Vita levels.

This is the worst part about it all. If they had said from the start "Look, the invasion levels aren't in there, we made 5 exclusive levels of Vita though" then that would be fine. It would be stupid, but at least people would know what they were getting.

Instead me and a few other people in the Rayman and Vita thread had to hunt down information and ask reviewers about it. It's gross. And Ubisoft still haven't said a thing.

Hopefully some Gaf-browsing journalists see this thread and can make a quick story about this and get a quote from Ubisoft or something.

Unfortunately this is about the Vita version so I wouldn't be shocked to see journalists and Ubisoft PR just ignore it. :/

That fucking sucks :mad:

Guess now we know why Ubi didn't release the much cheaper Vita version later like many of us were expecting earlier this year. Day and date with the other versions, but gimped out.

Dick move.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

ITS A DAMNED HANDHELD.

You don't have to make excuses for companies.
It's a powerful handheld and a small-ish game.
It's also not that much cheaper in comparison to console versions so that cutting of a quarter of the level count could be excused.
Literally no reason for this issue to exist other than UBI being UBI.

KLonso

Rayman Legends is going to have local co-op on Vita

If this is true I will just play the Wii U version. Not interested in gimped experiences even if it has a few exclusive levels. It is a shame that none of the versions are identical in content. I really looked forward to buying the VITA version but not interested anymore as those levels looked like fun.

test_account

XP-39C²
That is a pity. I wonder why those levels are removed, maybe a space issue on the Vita game card? Maybe the levels will be released as DLC later on? I will still get the Vita version, but i will most likely play the PS3 version instead.

I was going to double-dip on WiiU and Vita, but I'll hold off on the Vita version for now.

To anyone who ordered via Newegg and had their order canceled, I recommend reordering it and having the original price honored. I spoke to customer service and they said they would adjust to the original sale price after the game invoiced. They've also changed their system so it would no longer cancel games that get delayed.

Riki

Not sure why anyone would get this on anything besides the WiiU, anyway. It was literally created for it, and the Murphy levels are a blast to play. Plus it has the best costumes.

ToyBroker

Banned
Well there's no reason to cut this specific content, unless they cut it as dlc. It's a very capable platform.

You don't have to make excuses for companies.
It's a powerful handheld and a small-ish game.
It's also not that much cheaper in comparison to console versions so that cutting of a quarter of the level count could be excused.
Literally no reason for this issue to exist other than UBI being UBI.

Oh, I'm with you both. Cutting the content without a valid reason is straight bullshit.

I was just merely commenting on the fact that the Vita was even up for discussion as being the definitive version.

I honestly have no dog in the fight really even though I own a Vita--I really don't play it very often.

Not sure why anyone would get this on anything besides the WiiU, anyway. It was literally created for it, and the Murphy levels are a blast to play. Plus it has the best costumes.

Having played both demos I can firmly say that I find the Murphy levels very slow and boring on Wii U and much better on PS3.

It's all personal preference.

Maybe it will be sold as DLC. I greatly dislike physical versions of games that depend on the future availability of services like PSN in order to be complete.

You know, if you guys (Ubi) had wanted to charge full price for the full game on Vita, I would have gladly done so.

Carl

Jesus, what the fuck?

Just cancelled my PSN preorder, I'll spend the money on something else. Thanks, Ubisoft.

Etzer

I was going to get both Wii U and Vita versions. :(
Origins is coming to PS Plus, so I'll be OK with that whenever I want Rayman on the go.

Lijik

This is pretty substantial content. The levels are 40 second time trials, but they are rather difficult and really fun. Its scummy as hell that Ubisoft never commented on it and people had to find out by digging around

This totally erases the problem. Thanks for your input.

Gusto

Picking up WiiU version then. Now I'll just wait a couple mths and get ps3, Vita and Xbox versions for $9.99. It happened to origins.

hongcha

I don't care about "speed run" stages in any platformer, but I'm still not sure I'm going to go with the Vita version over one of the console versions. I like Origins on my Vita but the game feels like it's better suited to a big screen.

Top Bottom