• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Assassin's Creed sale (US) through 3/14

Trying to Decide between Vanilla Black Flag and the Gold Edition. Is the DLC worth it or particularly necessary to understand the story?

The last time I played an AC's DLC was with 2, and I regretted entering the code and being forced to play them. The ship assassination in Bonfire of Vanities was a major pain, and The Battle of Fiorly did not add anything extra to the story.

Linkyn

Really nice deals. They had a similar situation on Uplay a few weeks ago. Knowing I paid much less than full price greatly enhanced my experience of Unity.

Trying to Decide between Vanilla Black Flag and the Gold Edition. Is the DLC worth it or particularly necessary to understand the story?

The last time I played an AC's DLC was with 2, and I regretted entering the code and being forced to play them. The ship assassination in Bonfire of Vanities was a major pain, and The Battle of Fiorly did not add anything extra to the story.

Freedom Cry is alright, though nothing spectacular. The smaller stuff is mostly throwaway. If you can get the DLC for another 5 or so, go for it. Otherwise, I'd just get the main game.

Black Flag is actually tempting at that price. Though I have this awful feeling that as soon as I pull the trigger, it'll end up on PS+ or in some bundle cheaper....

Cruxist

Hmmmmm...

Liberation on Vita worth it? It's one of those titles I always meant to pick up on the original system but never did.

down 2 orth

Hmmmmm...

Liberation on Vita worth it? It's one of those titles I always meant to pick up on the original system but never did.

Definitely not imo. It was pretty much the only Vita game I wanted to like that I just flat out deleted in short time. It got mediocre reviews because it was a step up for handheld gaming when the vita launched, but the game is clunky as all hell.

jack....

Hmmmmm...

If you like Assassin's Creed I'd say it's worth that price. It's pretty mediocre and janky in places, though.

Hmmmmm...

Did you like AC3? Its about as good as that one.
Its not AC1 bad, but its not Ezio trilogy or Black Flag good either.
To me AC3 is ok and Liberarion is also ok. Its an alright diversation at that price.

For those that care about trophies, I didn't see this mentioned yet, though I may have overlooked it, it would appear that the physical disc version of Assassin's Creed Chronicles Collection has a separate trophy list from the digital versions of the three games/triple pack, and includes a platinum trophy.

It does not appear that the digital version has a platinum trophy at all, not even the triple pack. If someone finds differently, please correct me.

Cruxist

Definitely not imo. It was pretty much the only Vita game I wanted to like that I just flat out deleted in short time. It got mediocre reviews because it was a step up for handheld gaming when the vita launched, but the game is clunky as all hell.

If you like Assassin's Creed I'd say it's worth that price. It's pretty mediocre and janky in places, though.

It's the only AC game I didn't bother to finish. Really did not enjoy it.

Did you like AC3? Its about as good as that one.
Its not AC1 bad, but its not Ezio trilogy or Black Flag good either.
To me AC3 is ok and Liberarion is also ok. Its an alright diversation at that price.

Wow. Ok then. That's a pretty quick response in a short amount of time lol. I guess I'll pass. I really wasn't invested in 3 and I was really interested due to it taking advantage of the Vita. Thanks guys!

The other day I almost bought a used copy of Black Flag for $19.99 so the digital Gold Edition for $16.49 will be mine. I like when digital deals are actually good deals.

Top Bottom