• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/03/08 (last week's EU and JPN too)

tanod

when is my burrito
store0103.jpg

Thank you to Chubigans for the custom banner.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

In lieu of making the thread last week for the UK and JPN content that went up, I did a comprehensive (minus DLC and trailers) list of everything that went up in the U.S. from launch up until the last update of 2007. I also included a detailed feature list of all of the PSN games, a Japanese PS1 game list and a list of all the demos available.
In case you missed it: PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List

-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is up now.
-North America content is up now.

-According to a post on Kotaku, United States PSN Cards are starting to appear in stores.
-In Europe only, at the moment: Super Stardust HD game was updated to v2.0. Includes rumble and custom soundtracks. Redownload the game from your download list if you already own it to install the patch. It will not update your US copy if you download this.
-There is also a SSD HD demo which can co-exist with the original US game on your machine and you can try out the new features that way too.

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-NFL Tour ‘09 Network demo

DLC:
-NFS: ProStreet - numerous unlockables - between $1.99 and $2.99 each

Rock Band:
Individual Songs - $.99 each unless noted otherwise:
-“Attack” – 30 Seconds to Mars
-“The Kill” – 30 Seconds to Mars
-“Dirty Little Secret” - All-American Rejects
-“Move Along” - All-American Rejects
-“Song With a Mission” – The Sounds
-“Limelight” – Rush - $1.99
-“Hard to Handle” – The Black Crowes - $1.99
-“Gimme Three Steps” – Lynyrd Skynyrd - $1.99

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
-Die Fantastischen Vier - “Ernten Was Wir Säen” - $2.49
-Trust - “Antisocial” - $2.49
-Extremoduro - “So Payaso” - $2.49
-Warner/Reprise Track Pack - $6.25
--Linkin Park - “No More Sorrow”
--Mastodon - “Sleeping Giant”
--The Used - “Pretty Handsome Awkward"

Trailers:
-Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Japanese Launch

United Kingdom

Games/Demos:
-The Club demo
-Snakeball demo
-Super Stardust HD demo
-Snakeball - 4.99 pounds (available on the in-game store in the demo)

DLC:
-Folklore - Fear in the Night Pack - 1.99 pounds? (4 quests, 1 additional folk, 1 additional costume for Ellen)

Trailers:
-Devil May Cry 4 - "Final" (mucho spoilers. BEWARE)
-Go! Sports Skydiving

Japan

Games/Demos:
-NFS: Pro Street demo
-10 new PS1 games including Resident Evil 2 and Intelligent Qube

DLC:
-Record of Agarest War DLC packs - 300 yen each
-Resistance: Fall of Man - Map pack 2 - 800 yen

Trailers:
-Go! Sports Skydiving
-Sega Rally Revo
-WWE 2008 Smackdown
-Yakuza 3

COMING BEFORE THE SUMMER DROUGHT:

Demos:
-Devil May Cry 4 - January
-Hot Shots Golf 5 - January
-The Club

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research
-Flow Expansion Pack
-High Velocity Bowling
-PAIN
-Riff: Everyday Shooter
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
January
-PixelJunk Monsters
February
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Other early 2008 games
-Commando 3
-Dark Mist
-Echo Chrome
-Elefunk
-PS Eye - Mesmerize: Trace
-PS Eye - Tori Emaki
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Rat Race
-Skydiving
-Soldner X
-Super Stardust HD Expansion Pack
-Super Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Hyper-Fighting, etc.
-Wipeout HD

STUFF YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-Cain & Linch demo
-The Club demo
-Super Stardust HD demo
-Heavenly Sword theme
-Killzone 2 theme
-Lemmings theme
-Manga theme
-Mesmerize theme
-MotorStorm theme
-Retro theme
-Snakeball theme
-SingStar theme
-Tori Emaki theme

JAPAN:
-Dark Mist - 800 yen
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 4500 yen
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-PixelJunk Monsters - 900 yen
-Current Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Mainicchi Issho themes (2 of them)
-Pixeljunk Monsters theme

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 12/20/07 (Snakeball, Toy Home, Warhawk (PS1), Trials of Topoq, and Mesmerize: Distort games; Snakeball and Blacksite: Area 51 demos; WarHawk expansion, Folklore, Poker, RB and GH DLC)
PSN Content 12/13/07 (Burnout: Paradise demo; HVBowling, RB and NFS DLC; GT5: Prologue game - JPN)
PSN Content 12/06/07 (High Velocity Bowling game; Wild Arms (PS1); Timeshift MP demo; Folklore, Rock Band, PAIN, and Motor Storm DLC; new themes)
PSN Content 11/29/07 (PAIN game; Oblivion: Shivering Isles expansion; GH3 and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/22/07 (Aquatopia and Operation: CF PS Eye games; MX vs. ATV demo; flOw, NFS: ProStreet and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/15/07 (Blazing Angels 2 and Toy Home demos)
PSN Content 11/08/07 (Uncharted and College Hoops 2K8 demos; GH3 and MotorStorm DLC; FIFA and Motorstorm in-game patches)
PSN Content 11/01/07 (TimeShift & NFS:pS demos; Godfather DLC; Twisted Metal 2 for PS1)
PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List (includes Japanese PS1 games)

OTHER RESOURCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.

JAPAN STORE HELP:
Contained in "PSN Content 2007 - 'almost' Comprehensive List" thread

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
12/17/07 - 2.10 (DIVX and WMV codec support, BD 1.1 support, voice modulation, PS1 games playable via remote play)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

Setting some expectations for my listing of PSP Store content. I will only post the PSP list after it gets posted on the PS blog. I'm not going to track content outside of the U.S. nor am I going to track upcoming releases. It's simply way beyond what I have time for. If somebody else wants to start keeping track of that, feel free.

The last update was on December 20th.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol SO GREAT!

tanod

when is my burrito
deepbrown said:
UK section is missing the Snakeball demo that's on the store...

It wasn't on the What's New list. Is the full game available in the in-game store?

Raist

Banned
tanod said:
THIS WEEK:

Games/Demos:
-The Club demo
-Super Stardust HD demo

huh ? those are available since last week

Just picked up a PS3 for xmas. How often do they add PS1 games in the US...ever??

Once every... two months ? :lol
A bit more frequently on the EU store, and almost on a weekly basis in JP.

tanod said:
PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-High Velocity Bowling
-Riff: Everyday Shooter
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY MUST I WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

andycapps

Amazing banner, I missed this last week. Now we get the banner and 1UP Yours tomorrow. Thankfully this weekend will be confirmed.

ChryZ

tanod said:
It wasn't on the What's New list. Is the full game available in the in-game store?
The Snakeball Demo is the full version, the "purchase option" is in the demo. The US/NA version works the same way.

tanod

when is my burrito
Raist said:
huh ? those are available since last week
which is why I said:
tanod said:
-Last week's content for the UK and JPN is up now. It's listed below along with the new which will get listed later. There was no US update last week.

badcrumble said:
Who are you going to vote for?
A democrat. ;)

Japan officially updates its PS1 games twice a month. In the second and fourth week.

Slacker

Noobie question from someone who just got his PS3 after Christmas. When is the new stuff available? I may grab a Rock Band track or two.

Steroyd

Awe they shown Princess Monokoke (sp? wha'evah) on the TV and I missed it, caught the ending though.

Lots of good things come out of Hong Kong like John Woo and Bruce Lee cinema and rumours that Sony is planning a monthly subscription for its PC PlayStation Store.

These high-kicked into news chops after PlayStation Asia whipped a poll onto its site to gauge interest in a number of areas.
Advertisement

When asking what you found most appealing as an offer on the Store it suggested a monthly subscription plan to grant unlimited PSP game downloads and possibly Kung Fu although I am not sure I can say that and now face unemployment for the second time this week.

Sony UK offered no comment about it and suggested there was little more than information-gathering behind it all.

Sounds like a rather good idea to us, though.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=89998

Seeing as it's PS store related.

Raist

Banned
Slacker said:
Noobie question from someone who just got his PS3 after Christmas. When is the new stuff available? I may grab a Rock Band track or two.

There are already a bunch of Rock Band tracks IIRC.
Anyway, the US PSN is updated on thursday afternoons, the exact hour can be a little random. The EU PSN is usually updated around 6pm GMT.

INTELLIGENT QUBE!

INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE!

Please come to the US! I dont wanna have to buy the japanese version, but i will.

i love that game.

JodyAnthony said:
INTELLIGENT QUBE!

INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE! INTELLIGENT QUBE!

Please come to the US! I dont wanna have to buy the japanese version, but i will.

i love that game.
Intelligent Qube HD would be an absolutely perfect PSN game. I'd love a graphical update, and I could play that game for hours.

JodyAnthony said:
INTELLIGENT QUBE!

i love that game.

I don't think there is a PSX game better suited for use on the PSP. And that music!!!

jvm

Gamasutra.
charlesthefirst said:
I don't think there is a PSX game better suited for use on the PSP. And that music!!!
You could always import I.Q. Mania for the PSP. I believe it has the original I.Q. and stuff from the sequels. I got it for like $15 or something from Play-Asia and you can enjoy it even if you only speak English.

The Asian version was the cheap one. They still have the Japanese version at US$40.

Top Bottom