• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/24/08

jvm

Gamasutra.
store0124.jpg

Thank you to Chubigans for the custom banner. One of my favorites!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

This week tanod has allowed me to post in his stead while he is away. (See his post here to that effect.) It's a workday for me, but I will check in every few hours to make updates to the top post. I will try to make sure everything is summarized by 7PM (U.S. Eastern Time).

----
Since the DMC4 demo is up now in Japan, it's probably appropriate to remind people:
JAPAN STORE HELP:
-Help on creating a Japan Store account. Alternate guide here.
----

If you guys can help with details, that would be great. As you confirm information in your respective territories, I'll try to add to the top post, with appropriate credit.

In lieu of making the thread a couple weeks ago for the UK and JPN content that went up, tanod did a comprehensive (minus DLC and trailers) list of everything that went up in the U.S. from launch up until the last update of 2007. He also included a detailed feature list of all of the PSN games, a Japanese PS1 game list and a list of all the demos available.
In case you missed it: PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List

-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is not up.
-North America content is not up.

-According to a post on Kotaku, United States PSN Cards are starting to appear in stores. However, after checking today, I have not been able to find any place online that sells them.
-According to Sony, there will be no firmware update in January. :(

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-Devil May Cry 4 Demo (639Mb) - free
-The Club Demo (1.70Gb) - free
-PixelJunk Monsters (59.3Mb) - $7.99 (limited time price) [thanks, steve]
-Jet Moto 2 (PS1 game, 115Mb) - $5.99 [thanks, reminder and steve]

DLC:
-Folklore™ Create-a-Creature Winner Add-On - free [thanks, reminder and steve]
-Stranglehold™ Map Pack Add-On (445Mb) - $14.99 [thanks, reminder and steve]
-Stranglehold™ Collector's Edition Map Pack Add-On (445Mb) - $14.99 [thanks, reminder and steve]
-Need for Speed™ ProStreet Extender Pack Premium Car Bundle #1 (110Kb)- $5.99 [thanks, reminder and steve]
-Need for Speed™ ProStreet Extender Pack Premium Car Bundle #2 (110Kb) - $5.99 [thanks, reminder and steve]

Rock Band:
-Oasis Pack - $5.49 (YouTube links)
("Don't Look Back in Anger", "Live Forever", "Wonderwall")
-Individual songs - $1.99

Guitar Hero 3:
-Classic Rock Track Pack - $6.25
("Peace of Mind", "Jukebox Hero", "Any Way You Want It")

Trailers:
-Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Stevie Williams' Skater Profile [thanks, reminder]
-Soul Calibur IV Trailer [thanks, steve]
-Lost Planet Promotional Movie [thanks, steve]
-Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway Trailer [thanks, steve]
-Dynasty Warriors 6 Trailer [thanks, steve]
-Borderlands Trailer [thanks, steve]
-Step Up 2: The Streets Trailer [thanks, steve]
-Dragon Wars Trailer [thanks, steve]

Other:
-PixelJunk Monsters Theme
-Lemmings Theme

United Kingdom

Games/Demos:
-PixelJunk Monsters (4,99€) [thanks, ram]
-Judge Dredd (PS1 game, £3.49 or 4,99€) [thanks, ram and MadFuzzy]
-Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (PSP game, £6.99) [thanks MadFuzzy]

DLC:

Trailers:
-Civilization Revolution [thanks, ram]

Other:
-CoD4 Theme [thanks, ram]

Japan

Games/Demos:
-Devil May Cry 4 Demo (640Mb)
-Sega Rally Revo Demo [thanks, kay]
-PixelJunk Monsters Demo

DLC:
Agarest Senki ero - 300 yen [thanks, kay]

Trailers:
Bionic Commando [thanks, kay]

COMING BEFORE THE SUMMER DROUGHT:

Demos:
-Hot Shots Golf 5 - January

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research
-Flow Expansion Pack
-High Velocity Bowling
-PAIN
-Riff: Everyday Shooter
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
March
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Other early 2008 games
-Bionic Commando: Rearmed
-Commando 3
-Dark Mist
-Echo Chrome
-Elefunk
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Rat Race
-Skydiving
-Soldner X
-Super Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Hyper-Fighting, etc.
-Wipeout HD

STUFF YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-Heavenly Sword theme
-Killzone 2 theme
-Manga theme
-MotorStorm theme
-Retro theme
-Snakeball theme
-SingStar theme

JAPAN:
-Dark Mist - 800 yen
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 4500 yen
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-PixelJunk Monsters demo - free
-Current Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Yakuza 3 demo
-Mainicchi Issho themes (2 of them)

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 01/17/08 (Blast Factor Bundle, Mesmerize: Trace (PSEye), Tori-Emaki (PSEye); Turok and FIFA Street 3 demos; MotorStorm and RB DLC)
PSN Content 01/10/08 (Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1) game; Kane and Lynch and Super Stardust HD demos; Folklore, NFS and RB DLC)
PSN Content 01/03/08 (NFL Tour '09 demo; NFS: PS, Rock Band and GH3 DLC)
PSN Content 12/20/07 (Snakeball, Toy Home, Warhawk (PS1), Trials of Topoq, and Mesmerize: Distort games; Snakeball and Blacksite: Area 51 demos; WarHawk expansion, Folklore, Poker, RB and GH DLC)
PSN Content 12/13/07 (Burnout: Paradise demo; HVBowling, RB and NFS DLC; GT5: Prologue game - JPN)
PSN Content 12/06/07 (High Velocity Bowling game; Wild Arms (PS1); Timeshift MP demo; Folklore, Rock Band, PAIN, and Motor Storm DLC; new themes)
PSN Content 11/29/07 (PAIN game; Oblivion: Shivering Isles expansion; GH3 and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/22/07 (Aquatopia and Operation: CF PS Eye games; MX vs. ATV demo; flOw, NFS: ProStreet and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/15/07 (Blazing Angels 2 and Toy Home demos)
PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List (includes Japanese PS1 games)

OTHER RESOURCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.

JAPAN STORE HELP:
Contained in "PSN Content 2007 - 'almost' Comprehensive List" thread

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
12/17/07 - 2.10 (DIVX and WMV codec support, BD 1.1 support, voice modulation, PS1 games playable via remote play)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

Setting some expectations for my listing of PSP Store content. I will only post the PSP list after it gets posted on the PS blog. I'm not going to track content outside of the U.S. nor am I going to track upcoming releases. It's simply way beyond what I have time for. If somebody else wants to start keeping track of that, feel free.

The last update for the PSP store was on January 10th.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Just so people don't miss it in the announcements: I'm the guest poster for PSN Content this week. See tanod's post here.

And...I've got the official Chubigans custom banner, so you know I'm legit. ;^)

nofi

PixelJunk is confirmed for Euro stores, as far as I know. Which is a contradiction, yeah, but it's from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Steroyd

nofi said:
PixelJunk is confirmed for Euro stores, as far as I know. Which is a contradiction, yeah, but it's from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

W-w-w-what!?

That means... we have nothing to complain about this week (well..except the DMC4 demo...)

GTFO! o_O

Chris R

is DMC4 the same demo? If so I'll dl it now instead of waiting.

Also, youtube link for the Oasis pack please... I don't know those songs... :(

i'm really excited for pixeljunk monsters - i've planned my friday night already. me and the missus, a dozen beers and some sweet co-op tower defence action. the first one panned out in a similar way completely unexpectedly, so i have high hopes. pixel junk is fucking great

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

nofi

Steroyd said:
W-w-w-what!?

That means... we have nothing to complain about this week (well..except the DMC4 demo...)

GTFO! o_O

As far as I know. I'll be GUTTED if it's not out today.

Chris R

fanboi said:
Great banner.

Nice work.

Anyone dl DMC?
15% here, crawling along. Figure even if it is in Japanese I can at least try it before I hit the sack as I'm up watching the Aussie Men semifinal :lol and then just download the English version tomorrow after I get home from school (or get remote play to work correctly)

Steroyd

fanboi said:
Great banner.

Nice work.

Anyone dl DMC?

I've only tried the 10 minute demo, it's a solid entry into the series based off the demo, don't like Nero's peashooter though.

The enemies only really got interesting when I got up to the Ice enemies but by then my demo time was nearly up. :(
Nice usage of his arm I can keep up a combo with it, don't quite understand the.motor thingy in the sword.

The lack of a slash down makes aiir play feel lijke ugh... DMC2, hopefully Dante does have that move.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait, the Flow expansion pack is out? I didn't see it at all on the US Store. What folder is it in?

Dahbomb

The lack of a slash down makes aiir play feel lijke ugh... DMC2, hopefully Dante does have that move.
There is one... it's Right Analog stick forward+R1+/\ in mid-air. Basically Stinger in mid-air.

Oh and it plays NOTHING like DMC2. :lol :lol :lol

kay

Japan

Games/Demos:
-Sega Rally Revo demo
DLC:
Agarest Senki ero - 300 yen
Video:
Bionic Commando

Steroyd

Dahbomb said:
There is one... it's Right Analog stick forward+R1+/\ in mid-air. Basically Stinger in mid-air.

Oh and it plays NOTHING like DMC2. :lol :lol :lol

I said air play does, or it did thanks for that.

You have 2 options, the first option is timed and it finishes about where the second option starts which leads you to the boss.

I never realised how much I suck without the double jump, I got pwned by Belias. :lol

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Are people really that stoked for PJ Monsters? I've played several Tower Defence clones on PC and while diverting for a while they soon get a bit "Meh"

I'm waiting for Everyday Shooter personally. What's the damned delay eh?

Steroyd said:
I've only tried the 10 minute demo, it's a solid entry into the series based off the demo, don't like Nero's peashooter though.

The enemies only really got interesting when I got up to the Ice enemies but by then my demo time was nearly up. :(
Nice usage of his arm I can keep up a combo with it, don't quite understand the.motor thingy in the sword.

umm, sunshine -- do me a favor:

R1 + Foward + /\ (in air)

There is a slash down.

The DMC4 demo has a lot of combat depth, it takes experimentation.

You can also infinitely just-rev enemies, but you didn't know that either.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dahbomb said:
I think the Timed aspect makes it more action driven... just my opinion.

Oh and the GRAPHICS!!!!!1111

Having a timer is bullshit, did the JPN DMC3 demo have a stinking timer? I don't think so.

Yagharek

Bearillusion said:
Watch as games are still withheld from Europe/Australia.

Pixeljunk monsters is up now, as is Judge Dredd. Theyre certainly making some odd selections for the PS1 lineup. :/

eznark

Banned
I just bought a PSP last night and set it up with my PS3 to work remotely and everything. Is it possible to download something from the PSN network in this way?

I ask because I am leaving town for the weekend and wanted to download pixel junk monsters to play on the PSP, but I am going to the airport directly from work.

Any chance this is possible?

ram

complete euro update:

PSN Spiel:

* Pixeljunk Monsters (4,99 €) (keine Demo)

PS1 Spiel:

* Judge Dredd (4,99 €)

Trailer:

* Civilization Revolution

Theme:

* Call of Duty IV (nicht in DE)

Wallpapers:

* 5x Call of Duty IV (nicht in DE)

Top Bottom