• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 02/07/08 (Lost Planet online demo and Patapon [PSP] demo in Japan)

tanod

when is my burrito
store0207.jpg

Thank you to Chubigans for the custom banner and Crisis for the help with the lists today.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

I'm back.
-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is up now.
-North America content is up now.

-The Official m0dus theme thread. He has added two awesome themes this week: Street Fighter 2 and Little Big Planet. You can find his other work there too. Truly awesome stuff.
-Pro Evo 2008 received an online update this last week.
-The Singstar Singstore got updated this last week.
-The online mode of the Burnout Paradise demo will only be available until February 14th.
-FYI about the Patapon demo: You need to install it to your PSP from your Japan account. You also need to sync (activate) your PSP with your Japan account. Although this can disable some things that are already on your PSP, you can change the activation back to normal at any time and they will be enabled again (i.e. PS1 games, no deleting required). This demo is in Japanese but will work on any PSP.

-I don't usually add any personal opinions to the OP but for the love of god, buy Pixeljunk Monsters. It's way too awesome not to own and it's only $9.99! There is an English language demo on the Japanese store. :D

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-Go! Sports Skydiving - $4.99
-Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (PS1) - $5.99
-Lost Planet demo (online only)

DLC:
-Motorstorm - Chinese New Year skin - free

Rock Band tracks - $1.99 each:
-Kiss' "Calling Dr. Love"
-Faith No More - "We Care A Lot"
-B-52's - "Roam"

Trailers:
-Burnout - "Paradise Dev Diary"
-Burnout - "Launch Trailer 1"
-Burnout - "Launch Trailer 2"
-Conflict: Denied Ops - "Diary"
-MLB 08 The Show "First Look"
-Uncharted "Final" Trailer

Other:
-Uncharted wallpapers (2 of them)

United Kingdom

Games/Demos:
Sky Diving - £3.49/€4.99
Turok demo
Conflict: Denied Ops demo

DLC:
MotorStorm - Chinese New Year Gift - free
Folklore - Malion Pack - free

Trailers:
Lost Planet

Japan

Games/Demos:
-Snakeball - 800 yen
-Lost Planet demo (online only)
-Patapon (PSP) demo

DLC:
-Motorstorm – Chinese New Year vehicle pack - free
-Piyotama - Valentine theme – free
-Snakeball Multiplayer add-on - 200 yen

COMING BEFORE THE END OF 2008:

Demos:
-Hot Shots Golf 5

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research
-Flow Expansion Pack
-High Velocity Bowling
-PAIN
-Riff: Everyday Shooter
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
February
-Unnamed game show games - one possible example: Deal or No Deal (releasing before GDC)
March
-Echo Chrome - Japan
April
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (4/19)
Other 2008 games
-Bionic Commando: Rearmed
-Commando 3
-Dark Mist
-Elefunk
-HOME
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Rat Race
-Skydiving
-Soldner X
-Wipeout HD

STUFF YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-Heavenly Sword theme
-Killzone 2 theme
-Manga theme
-MotorStorm theme
-Retro theme
-Snakeball theme
-SingStar theme

JAPAN:
-Dark Mist - 800 yen
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 4500 yen
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-Current Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Lost Planet (online) demo
-PixelJunk Monsters demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Yakuza 3 demos (2 of them)
-Mainicchi Issho themes (2 of them)

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 01/31/08 (Conflict: DO demo; Folklore and RB DLC)
PSN Content 01/24/08 (PixelJunk Monsters, Jet Moto 2 (PS1) games; DMC4 and The Club demos; Stranglehold, NFS: PS, Folklore, RB, and GH3 DLC)
PSN Content 01/17/08 (Blast Factor Bundle, Mesmerize: Trace (PSEye), Tori-Emaki (PSEye); Turok and FIFA Street 3 demos; MotorStorm and RB DLC)
PSN Content 01/10/08 (Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1) game; Kane and Lynch and Super Stardust HD demos; Folklore, NFS and RB DLC)
PSN Content 01/03/08 (NFL Tour '09 demo; NFS: PS, Rock Band and GH3 DLC)
PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List (includes Japanese PS1 games)

OTHER RESOURCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The Official m0dus theme thread.
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.

JAPAN STORE HELP:
Contained in "PSN Content 2007 - 'almost' Comprehensive List" thread

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
12/17/07 - 2.10 (DIVX and WMV codec support, BD 1.1 support, voice modulation, PS1 games playable via remote play)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

The last update for the PSP store was on February 7th, 2008.

Games/Demos:
-Go! Puzzle - $5.99 (same as PS3 version)
-Harvey Birdman demo
-Puzzle Guzzle demo

Trailers:
-Brave Story: New Traveler
-flOw
-Twisted Metal: Head On - "Behind the Scenes Video 1"
-Twisted Metal: Head On - "Behind the Scenes Video 2"

Other:
-The Cryptics Digital Video Comic - $2.99
-The Cryptics Video - free

MadFuzzy

The UK PSP store has updated with "Wipeout Pulse - Mirage Pack" which costs 3.49.

There are two new tracks (Edgewinter White and Vostock Reef Black) plus their Zone versions and a new ship/team (the Mirage team and Mantis ship) .

There's no new PS1 games on the EU PSP store this week by the look of things.

European store has been updated:

Sky Diving (full game)
Turok demo
Conflict demo
Motorstorm car design
Free Folklore content
Lost Planet trailer

reminder

European content is already up:

Demos:
Turok
Conflict: Denied Ops

Games:
Sky Diving (4,99€)

DLC:
MotorStorm - Chinese New Year Gift
Folklore - Malion Pack

Trailer:
Lost Planet

MadFuzzy

McBradders said:
No fucking Every Day Shooter?

Again?

REALLY?!

Really.

I don't think we'll get it until the end of February given that's what the SCEE release list said last month.

I get the feeling that Europe will probably get Blast Factor: Advance Research next week, since the Japanese version is being released then according to Japanese Blast Factor page.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
MadFuzzy said:
I don't think we'll get it until the end of February given that's what the SCEE release list said last month.

I get the feeling that Europe will probably get Blast Factor: Advance Research next week, since the Japanese version is being released then according to Japanese Blast Factor page.

Sony allergic to money confirmed.

I CAN'T WAIT TO COMPLETELY IGNORE GO! SPORTS SKYDIVING.

Oneself

I'd like some PSone games today. Kthksbye

EDIT: You know that already but

I played some Lost Planet.. and it's meh approved. MEH confirmed.

Clipping, shaky and less detailed textures, weird motion blur.... :(

jvm

Gamasutra.
A couple of items while we're all waiting for our updates. (Sorry you got screwed again, Euro dudes.)

D3Publisher reportedly told this website that Dark Sector would get a PSN/XBL demo in mid-March. The game is due in the UK in early April and in the U.S. in late March, so perhaps the same demo timeframe for the U.S. or perhaps even earlier. Sony's page on the game here.

Also, on MTV's Multiplayer blog, Jaffe talked with Stephen Totilo and mentioned Calling All Cars and PSN games in general. This was in another NeoGAF thread I'm too lazy to dig up. Perhaps of interest to PSN junkies:
Jaffe said:
On “Calling All Cars,’ I figured, well, I’m going to not do that as much. And I didn’t and I think I let go of the gameplay reins more than I should have looking back. I think ‘Calling All Cars’ could have been a much better game had I been a little bit more obsessive.
Jaffe said:
What we learned in ‘Calling All Cars’ is that right now on console we’re not interested in doing what we thought we were going to be doing entirely as a company, which was doing PSN console-based small, $9.99 downloadable arcade games. We’re definitely not exploring that. If you start looking at ‘Gran Turismo Prologue,’ and ‘Warhawk,’ how Sony chooses to distribute the game that we are making for them, that really is a Sony decision. We love from a gamer’s standpoint and a business standpoint, we love the fact that Sony seems these days to be releasing some games on Blu-Ray and download. If Sony deems our game worthy to be given that treatment, we would be thrilled. And I think right now it’s way too early for them to look at it and say this is what we need to do in terms of distribution.

Sandman7

I heard that Crash Bandicoot 2 was released for the Euro store a while back then got pulled for some reason. Does anyone know when it will be back?

McBradders said:
No fucking Every Day Shooter?

Again?

REALLY?!

Really.
You've had plenty of time to sign up for an Entropay card and buy it from the US store. Ok, so it's not helping out SCEE's books, but it's their own fault if they don't want to release it. And I assume the dev still gets paid the same whichever store you get it from?

Steroyd

What are the DRM rules for PSP PSN store downloads through PS3? (whoa! @_@)

I don't want to make it that my PSP is locked out of my main account just for the sake of downloading a free Patapon demo. :|

jvm

Gamasutra.
Steroyd said:

I don't want to make it that my PSP is locked out of my main account just for the sake of downloading a free Patapon demo. :|
I don't get it...

...why are there restrictions on a demo? Seriously?

Goldrusher

reminder said:
European content is already up:

UK content. UK.
For example in Belgium: no Turok demo, no Lost Planet trailer.

Also, worth noting the Folklore "Malion" folk is the winning creation of the Create-A-Folk contest held a few months ago.

Thrakier

Steroyd said:

I do this all the time and never had a problem. If you download something from the US or EU store you will just change it again...

tanod

when is my burrito
jvm said:
I don't get it...

...why are there restrictions on a demo? Seriously?

It's so you can't have a PSP hooked up to two PS3s at the same time. That would affect remote play and might introduce PS1 game licensing abuse and a couple other things that don't come to mind right now.

bcn-ron said:
Is there any chance of a Lost Planet demo appearing on the US store?
I'm 99% sure the answer to this question is eventually.

jvm

Gamasutra.
tanod said:
It's so you can't have a PSP hooked up to two PS3s at the same time. That would affect remote play and might introduce PS1 game licensing abuse and a couple other things that don't come to mind right now.
That's "abuse" that I can see being very, very limited. Hardly worth a whole lockdown scheme. :^(

Steroyd

Thrakier said:
I do this all the time and never had a problem. If you download something from the US or EU store you will just change it again...

cool it's just that when I saw, the words "certificate invalid" I wus vewy vewy scared. :(

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I think we should all just prepare ourselves for yet another week here in the US market where we receive SHIT ALL for PSOne games. Bet on it.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Big Nate said:
I think we should all just prepare ourselves for yet another week here in the US market where we receive SHIT ALL for PSOne games. Bet on it.

Fuck you.

Seriously.

Ranger X

I have a question for you DLC guys.

Can those free Motorstorm DLC and Folklore DLC be installed on a american version of the game? If so, will i foxxor my game data? Did people try that anyways?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ranger X said:

Can those free Motorstorm DLC and Folklore DLC be installed on a american version of the game? If so, will i foxxor my game data? Did people try that anyways?
I'd like to know if I can use the Japanese Valentine's Day Piyotama theme with my American version, on the off chance that we don't get that theme on the American store...

tanod

when is my burrito
Ranger X said:

DLC is generally not compatible with discs from different regions.

ram

Ranger X said:

no

Ranger X said:

Usually no. And it doesn't work in Motorstorm. But since it got released on the EURO store, I'm sure US store will get it too.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Pata pata pata pon. *drum drum drum drum drum drum*

This game roxx.

ram

MadFuzzy said:
The UK PSP store has updated with "Wipeout Pulse - Mirage Pack" which costs 3.49.

There are two new tracks (Edgewinter White and Vostock Reef Black) plus their Zone versions and a new ship/team (the Mirage team and Mantis ship) .

There's no new PS1 games on the EU PSP store this week by the look of things.

for us europeans, the track pack is 4,99 € and there will be three more packs in the near future.

Icaras-Paket: 14.02.2008

- Edgewinter Schwartz & Gemini Dam Weiß (Tracks + Zone Variants)

Harimau-Paket: 21.02.2008

- Orcus Weiß & Gemini Dam Schwartz (Tracks + Zone Variants)

Auricom-Paket: 28.02.2008

- Orcus Schwarz & Vostock Reef (Tracks + Zone Variants)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
wooha Tanod is back , the king is back
sorry jvm

why JPN PSN store updated so early this week ( Eu store too ) ? , why there is no PSP demos on US/EU store ? and why Patapon is so freaking amazing ?

Oh the Wipeout Pack arrives just in time :)

And I hate japanese demos! They make the greates games but I cant understand a word :(

Top Bottom