• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 03/13/08

tanod

when is my burrito
gafbanner080313.jpg

Thanks to Goldrusher for the custom banner and to him and stalkingsilence for help on the lists.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is up now.
-North America content is up now.

-The PS Store is rumored to have a revamp coming on April 15th.
-Jonnyram on GAF has said that the Japanese Open Home beta is starting on the 24th of March. We'll find out soon whether he was correct.
-PS3 firmware 2.17 went up last night. It's only some bug fixes for online games. No new features.
-Even if you don't have GH3, if you ever plan to own or play it, download the free track pack today. In case they take it down (which is likely since it's a holiday thing), you can always delete it from your PS3 and it will remain on your download list.

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-MLB 2K8 demo
-Toy Home Expansion Pack - $6.99

DLC:
-Guitar Hero 3 - Drop Kick Murphys Pack - FREE
--"Famous for Nothing"
--"Flannigan's Ball"
--"Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya"

-PAIN - Character "Muffy" (Cheerleader) - $0.99
-PAIN - Character "Ginger" (Nurse) - $0.99

-Rock Band tracks - SXSW - $0.99 each:
--Serj Tankian - "Beethoven's C***" (Master)
--Black Tide - "Shockwave" (Master)
--Paramore - "Crushcrushcrush" (Master)

Trailers:
-Hot Shots Golf 5 - "Characters and Courses"
-Hot Shots Golf 5 - "New Shot System"
-Viking - "Battle for Asgard"
-Viking - "Episode 1: Skarin's Calling"
-Viking - "Episode 2: Siege of Caldburg"

Other:
-Condemned 2: Bloodshot themes (2 of them)
-God of War: Chains of Olympus theme
-PAIN - Character "Muffy" theme
-PAIN - Character "Ginger" theme

United Kingdom

DLC:
-Guitar Hero III: Modern Metal Track Pack - €5.99 / £3.99 / AUD 9.95
--Avenged Sevenfold - “Almost Easy”
--Thrice - “The Arsonist”
--The Deftones - “Hole in the earth”

Trailers:
-Elefunk

Other:
-PixelJunk Monsters theme

Japan

Trailers:
-will check when I get home but there are about 6 new ones this week

Other:
-Dark Mist themes (5 of them) - ¥100 each <--WTFISTHISSHIT?!

COMING BEFORE THE END OF 2008:

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research (3/20)
-High Velocity Bowling (April)
-PAIN (3/20)
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
April
-Dark Mist
-Elefunk
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (3/27 EU) (4/17 US)
May
-Bionic Commando: Rearmed
-Echo Chrome
Other 2008 games
-Commando 3
-HOME
-Kart Attack
-Novastrike
-PixelJunk Dungeons (releasing after Eden)
-PixelJunk Eden
-Plunder
-Rat Race
-SOCOM: Confrontation
-Soldner X
-Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
-Wipeout HD
-Unnamed game show games - one possible example: Deal or No Deal

STUFF YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-Everybody's Golf 5 demo
-About 15-20 themes (some exclusive to the UK)

JAPAN:
-Current Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each
-Dark Mist - 800 yen
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 4500 yen
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-Echochrome demo
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Yakuza 3 demos (2 of them)
-A couple of themes

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 03/06/08 (Rocketman game and demo; GH3 and RB DLC)
PSN Content 02/28/08 (GH3, PAIN and RB DLC)
PSN Content 02/21/08 (Jet Moto 3 (PS1) game; PixelJunk Monsters, God of War: COO (PSP) demos; PAIN, RB DLC)
PSN Content 02/14/08 (MLB08 The Show and Patapon (PSP) demos, RB DLC)
PSN Content 02/07/08 (Go Sports Skydiving, and Crash Bandicoot 3 (PS1) games; Lost Planet online demo; MotorStorm and RB DLC)
PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List (includes Japanese PS1 games)

OTHER RESOURCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The Official m0dus theme thread.
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.

JAPAN STORE HELP:
Contained in "PSN Content 2007 - 'almost' Comprehensive List" thread

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
03/12/07 - 2.17 (Stability for online gaming improved)
12/17/07 - 2.10 (DIVX and WMV codec support, BD 1.1 support, voice modulation, PS1 games playable via remote play)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

The last update for the PSP store was on March 13th, 2008.

Games/Demos:
-WipEout Pulse Demo

Other:
-God of War: Chains of Olympus theme
-God of War: Chains of Olympus wallpapers (4 of them)

eznark

Banned
I come in here every week, and the banners FINALLY show up (hosted differently?) at my work computer...and I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Anything to hope for this week on the US side?

womfalcs3

Banned
Goldrusher said:
The original background pic might be helpful...

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ppxwqo.jpg[/QUOTE]

Very clever. :lol

[spoiler]I thought it was the partition between the clouds at the bottom.[/spoiler]

fanboi

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
I've never followed these before..is there some kind of riddle? I don't even know what I'm looking for.

Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to locate:

tanod2avatar.jpg

(not exactley this picture, but there is two wrestlers, one that get it in ze ballz)

In the banner picture, its hidden, its safe in the picture.

Find it now!

Pimpwerx

Love the banner. :lol That was a good one, Goldrusher. As usual, the thread hits its baseline for the week with a great banner. Now, can the actual update match the quality of the thread? :D PEACE.

atomico

tanod said:
DLC:
-Guitar Hero 3 - Drop Kick Murphys Pack - FREE
--"Famous for Nothing"
--"Flannigan's Ball"
--"Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya"

dunno if I'll ever buy the game but I'm downloading this tonight just in case :lol

stawnkald

Gold Member
tanod said:
-Even if you don't have GH3, if you ever plan to own or play it, download the free track pack today. In case they take it down (which is likely since it's a holiday thing), you can always delete it from your PS3 and it will remain on your download list.

That's possible, but that one Christmas song they released is still on the store. However I do agree that any kind free add-on or even demos, just start the download to make it register and then cancel it, it's in your history then.

The free GH3 DLC makes up for the lack of Rock Band goodness, I'll buy the Paramore track but that's it. Clearly Activision has seen the success of weekly RB DLC and now is matching...3 straight weeks of new songs!

I just want a damn PS1 download, preferably Street Fighter Alpha. Please, I'm begging you.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
fanboi said:
Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to locate:

tanod2avatar.jpg

(not exactley this picture, but there is two wrestlers, one that get it in ze ballz)

In the banner picture, its hidden, its safe in the picture.

Find it now!

Montel V. Porter and Ken Kennedy.

tanod

when is my burrito
stawnkald said:
That's possible, but that one Christmas song they released is still on the store. However I do agree that any kind free add-on or even demos, just start the download to make it register and then cancel it, it's in your history then.

The free GH3 DLC makes up for the lack of Rock Band goodness, I'll buy the Paramore track but that's it. Clearly Activision has seen the success of weekly RB DLC and now is matching...3 straight weeks of new songs!

I just want a damn PS1 download, preferably Street Fighter Alpha. Please, I'm begging you.

The free GH3 Aerosmith song was only up for a weekend and went up on Friday. I missed out on that one. :\

stawnkald

Gold Member
tanod said:
The free GH3 Aerosmith song was only up for a weekend and went up on Friday. I missed out on that one. :\

I'm not sure you really missed anything. :lol

But that one was heavily advertised as a limited time thing (since it'll probably be in GH Aerosmith), has the Dropkick pack been given the Deadline Kiss of Death?

Steroyd

tanod2avatar.jpg

When the hell did you get this? :lol

McBadman said:
...I can't even muster the anger to write a proper post about how rubbish the Euro update is.

Just chill and enjoy the banner. :lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
McBradders said:
...I can't even muster the anger to write a proper post about how rubbish the Euro update is.

I think the words "Fuck SCEE with a hot and rusty poker" should do nicely.

tanod

when is my burrito
Steroyd said:
tanod2avatar.jpg

When the hell did you get this? :lol

Chubigans made it for me. :D <3

-xBerserker- said:
Sorry I never got what I'm looking for in the banner. Guess I missed that memo. Can somebody PM me and explain?
Something hidden in the picture somewhat resembling my avatar. Also, go back to the October 18th (?) PSN thread. That's where it started.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New hands-on Preview of Commando 3

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/c...187646&part=rss&tag=gs_all_games&subj=6187646

For our hands-on we selected Wolf and, figuring we dumped enough quarters into the original games that we wouldn't stink, chose "routine exercise," the second of the game's four difficulties. Thankfully, we wouldn't be taking on our mission alone--three players can play at once, on the same system or online.

The game started with our squad being dropped off on a string of small islands that quickly revealed themselves as being under enemy control. It wasn't long before we found ourselves under fire from all directions. The game's simple controls made fighting back a breeze. The right analog stick was used to fire our guns, while pulling the right trigger would toss a grenade. The longer you hold the trigger, the further your grenade will go. This made it much easier to take out soldiers hiding behind sandbags as well as to destroy vehicles. When the going got really tough, one of us would hit the left trigger to unleash an m-crash--an attack that, after a quick animated scene with the soldier who activated it, cleared all the enemies right off the screen.

The action was just as fast paced here as in the early Commando games, but this version looks much, much better. While the graphics are reminiscent of the original, all of the artwork is brand new and designed to take full advantage of the HD capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360. The visuals looked sharp and it was easy to be hypnotized by the explosions and weapons fire lighting up the screen. Commando 3 will also feature an original soundtrack courtesy of Norihiko Hibino of Metal Gear fame, so you know it's going to sound good.

Because it's so easy for things to get hectic, it's a good thing that your soldiers can take more than one shot before keeling over--they've got a health bar now. You've got a few more things to help keep you in the battle, too, like upgradable weapons that include rocket launchers, flamethrowers, grenades, and shotguns. There are even vehicles that can hold all three players. We had a blast riding along in the back of a jeep spraying fire from the mounted gun while our squadmate did the driving and our other squadmate...well, we're not quite sure what his contribution was.

http://www.xblah.net/2008/03/new-street-fighter-ii-hd-remix-video.html

Video Interview of Super Steeet Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Top Bottom