• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 06/14/07 (Go! Puzzle, Firmware 1.81)

tanod

when is my burrito
Content is posted on Thursdays at about 6PM EST.

For delays, bitch here: http://blog.us.playstation.com

This is for North America only unless specified otherwise and updated as we get more information.

Last week:
Heavenly Sword and Stranglehold Trailer from Gamers Day
Another MLB07 Trailer - Trailer #9

This week:
Go! Puzzle - $5.99 for all 3 games or $2.99 for one (online MP, voice/video chat, and leaderboards (Eyetoy compatible)
Hot Rod Trailer #2
Some more HOME beta invites went out.
FW 1.81 (bug fix CONFIRMED for RGB-Full option turning off)

In Europe:
Rampart - 2,99 €
Joust - 2,99 €
MotorStorm 1.2 - free (in-game download - download this before downloading TA mode)
Motorstorm Time Attack Mode - free (in PS Store)
Darkness Trailer
Super Stardust Trailer
Lair Trailer
Haze Trailer
Paul Hollywood Interview (MotorStorm)

MotorStorm: (In Europe only so far)
Free:
Loading Times Improved - but for online mode only
Increased friend list limit to 50 - fixes glitch where it will not display any friends in the list if you have more than 30
See game status and more game details in lobby
Voice chat more stable
Time Attack Mode
Boost exploit fixed

Scheduled for June:
Lair - Demo

June 28th:
Super Stardust HD

Pending Title Updates (no solid date)
MotorStorm:
Free:
Japan players getting online play

For $$$:
New track, mode:
Coyote Revenge
New unlockable vehicles
Eliminator game mode

Resistance:
Free:
Balance changes
Lower player limits for breach and assault game modes (thank you spreadsheet) :D
WW servers (world-wide play optional)
In-game cheater reporting added
XMB support expanded (you can see friends list in-game on a separate tab, not an XMB overlay)

For $7.99:
Map Pack - Westmorland and Camborne:
Maps will support all multiplayer modes.
There will be 8p, 16p, 32p, and 40p versions of the maps.
Maps will be available for ranked and unranked matches.
All people in parties must have map pack to play new maps.
You can buy the map packs on the store or in-game.

Gripshift
Free:
This update will take place some time in the next couple months.
The NA version will be patched to be the equivalent to the European release.
Loading time optimizations which have resulted in much shorter loads in most circumstances
The ability to change/customize car, select level, change controls, and change music from within a level
Browsable scoreboards including viewing from menus rather than level complete screen, jumping straight to your position, and now with car type and number of resets info per entry displayed
Some changes to online connectivity to make it easier and more obvious how to connect with other people
Various other minor usability improvements and changes

Thanks Mario!

Europe Store:
PS1 Titles - June 22
Calling All Cars - June 22

For help on creating a Japan Store account, go here:
http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

PS Cards are out in Japan. Importers, start your engines! Downloadable PS1 games are region-free.

Other things of significance to American/Euro GAFfers on the JPN store:
Folklore Demo
Hot Shots 5 Demo
DMC4 trailers
Folklore trailer
Virtua Fighter 5 trailers
Ridge Racer 7 trailers
Gundam Musuo trailer
Lots of PS1 games

Other things of significance to American/JPN GAFfers on the UK Store:
Go! Puzzle Demo
PSN Showcase Trailer (shows many upcoming PSN games) - 600+ MB download

PR said:
Go! Puzzle, the ultimate test of speed, nerves, and wits, will be available on the PLAYSTATION Store today for play on PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) system. A trailer for the film, Hot Rod, will also be available.

Go! Puzzle ($5.99 for all three puzzles or $2.99 each): Go! Puzzle includes three puzzle packs – Swizzle Blocks, Aquatica, and Skyscraper. If you think you can handle it, prove yourself by trying them all online and earning a place on the leader boards. The Go! Puzzle Starter Pack, which includes a three minute demo of each puzzle, must first be downloaded in order to access the complete puzzle packs.

Hot Rod Trailer (free): Download a new trailer for the upcoming stuntman film, Hot Rod, starring Andy Samberg.

Dates are listed with the most recent information available and I really do try to keep up with this stuff so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or missing some thing. I'll also start trying to include more Europe dates.

Jim, please edit thread title if need be when the content goes up.

Ranger X

There supposedly a track editor coming and a leaderboard update for America (leaderboards can be seen in-game and not web-only).

Mario had other details. Personally i'm completely drooling over the idea of a track editor!!

Kittonwy

Banned
Gimme Resistance MAPSSSSS!!! Please, do it for teh barrelz!!!

PLEASE SONY, RESCUE ME BEFORE I FALL INTO DISPAIR OH.

I'll send an SOS to teh blog.
Indifferent2.gif

Ranger X

I3rand0 said:
That's going to be so amazing, can't wait.

Hey i never noticed you were on GAF for some reason. ;)
Do you own the PSP version? You're in the top players in the PS3 version if i remember right.

I3rand0

Ranger X said:
Hey i never noticed you were on GAF for some reason. ;)
Do you own the PSP version? You're in the top players in the PS3 version if i remember right.
Nah I don't unfortunately. I used to be in the top 10 (was high as 7 at one point) now I'm in like 12th or so.

rc213

Ranger X said:
From Mario himself right here on GAF and on the Gripshift forum.

Oh ok, If it is a track editor I wonder if it would be possible to play online on Custom Tracks.

Crisis

Banned
I'm a brand-new PS3 owner. Like, a couple of days old. How did you all get into the Home beta? Is it just random invites?

Adama

tribal24 said:
; ; lucky how do you know if your in beta though would home just show up at store?

Well yeah I saw this thread, read that more home betas invitations were sent out, so I checked the store and it was there right next to Warhawk Beta.

Kittonwy

Banned
DAMN IT SONY I WANT TO COME HOME, DON'T TURN ME INTO MICHAEL BUBLE NOW.
angry.gif

*looks up into teh sky*

Why have you forsaken me Sony?
cry.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Screw you all. I haven't got any betas and I even got the original HOME email.
cry.gif

GAP invites are random.

I'm trying to flesh out the post a bit more and include Europe stuff and also, I figure Gripshift could use some more attention for an update that will come eventually.

womfalcs3

Banned
Kittonwy said:
DAMN IT SONY I WANT TO COME HOME, DON'T TURN ME INTO MICHAEL BUBLE NOW.
angry.gif

*looks up into teh sky*

Why have you forsaken me Sony?
cry.gif

Another Summer day, has come and gone away... and I'm still without a Home beta.

I'm sad.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I still remember the days when Go! Puzzle was supposedly a February release. Those were the days.

Bets on what gets delayed again? Resistance Maps? Motorstorm Patch? I think SCEA's rule of thumb is to delay 'em at least 3 times, because that's a charm.

tanod

when is my burrito
kaching said:
I still remember the days when Go! Puzzle was supposedly a February release. Those were the days.

Bets on what gets delayed again? Resistance Maps? Motorstorm Patch? I think SCEA's rule of thumb is to delay 'em at least 3 times, because that's a charm.

I'm guessing Fall. That's the PS3 release calendar black hole. It's where all release dates go to die.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Why is everyone checking now? I thought this content (and betas) didn't hit til tomorrow?

No HOME or Warhawk betas for me... :(

Souther

Banned
I was gonna bitch about the lack of being able to download anything new PS1 wise on the PSN US store...but i've decided to just not even bother anymore. Its pretty obvious that sony is not supporting that part of the PSN for the NA audience and is leaving that part to the JP PSN.

I guess i will have to look too the JP store to get PS1 games then.

Also...are we atleast getting another MLB trailer this week?

womfalcs3

Banned
kaching said:

If you open the pamphlet of games that came with your PS3 (and I bought mine in January), it says LAIR and other various titles are "available now".

That was in January! So I'm guessing they were supposed to be launch titles. :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
Content is not up except for Home invites and I won't have the whole list until Jim gets the PR tomorrow afternoon. That's the first line in the post. Read the OP, people.

Home invites could also be those who missed checking them last week. Who knows?
If the firmware goes live, it should be happening within the hour.

Bitch here: blog.us.playstation.com Keep the thread clear.

careksims

Damn... no Home for me ;[ I didn't even get an email about it.

Anyways. I can't wait to see what else they fixed for this update. Hopefully give us a surprise or two.

Souther

Banned
I3rand0 said:
So what's the odds they release yet another ****ing MLB 07 video

Thats pretty much the only thing you can know for sure is going to be there week after week.

If there is 1 thing that sony knows they need to give us..Its those awesome MLB videos!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
tanod said:
Gripshift
Mario, can you post or PM me details for what you have planned for your update

The initial update will be for the US version of GripShift to bring it up to date with the improvements from the Euro version. These include

- loading time optimizations which have resulted in much shorter loads in most circumstances
- ability to change/customize car, select level, change controls, and change music from within a level
- browsable scoreboards including viewing from menus rather than level complete screen, jumping straight to your position, and now with car type and number of resets info per entry displayed
- some changes to online connectivity to make it easier and more obvious how to connect with other people
- various other minor usability improvements and changes

This update will be free. I'm hoping it will be available in the next couple of months.

Further updates being discussed include the addition of voice support, creation of private Race Mode rooms, addition of Bonus Games, Track Editor support and track trading, HOME integration, and other improvements and additional modes. In what order these improvements occur, on what timeframe they drop, and what is and isn't going to be charged for is still being discussed. SOE is very positive about continuing to support the title which we are grateful for.

Top Bottom