• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 06/28/07 (Super Stardust HD, DW: Gundam demo, GTA IV trailer #2, FW 1.82)

tanod

when is my burrito
Content is up.

For the Resistance update w/ global servers, the servers are supposed to be up some time Friday morning. At that time, the map pack and patch will be available for download.

North America

This week:
Super Stardust HD - $7.99
Dynasty Warriors: GUNDAM Demo
GTA IV Trailer 2
FW 1.82 (adds video support for AVC MP4s?, BC update)
Home Beta update (includes more customization and running)

Resistance:
Free:
-Balance changes
-Lower player minimums for breach and assault game modes (thank you spreadsheet) :D
-WW servers (world-wide play optional)
-In-game cheater reporting added
-XMB support expanded (you can see friends list in-game on a separate tab, not an XMB overlay)

For $7.99:
-Map Pack - Westmorland and Camborne:
-Maps will support all multiplayer modes.
-There will be 8p, 16p, 32p, and 40p versions of the maps.
-Maps will be available for ranked and unranked matches.
-All people in parties must have map pack to play new maps.
-You can buy the map packs on the store or in-game.

In the next couple weeks:
The Darkness - demo

Europe (UK mostly)

This week (Friday):
Super Stardust HD - 7.99 Euros / £4.99
Championship Sprint - £1.99
Gauntlet II - £1.99
Ninja Gaiden: Sigma - demo

Japan

This week:
Super Starstrike - 800 yen
New Ape Escape on PSP - demo
AI Mah-Jong Selection (Hamster)
DEPTH (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Gussun Paradise (IREM Software)
Jet Moto (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Jumping Flash! 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Major Wave Series: Puzzle Mania 2 (Hamster)
Major Wave Series: Zipangu Jima: Unmei wa Saikoro ga Kimeru!? (Hamster)
Metal Slug (SNK Playmore)
Oasis Road (Idea Factory)
Panekit (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Samurai Spirits III: Zankuro Musouken (SNK Playmore)
Samurai Spirits IV: Amakusa Kourin Special (SNK Playmore)
Spectral Tower 2 (Idea Factory)
SuperLite 1500 Series Cotton Original (Success)
SuperLite 1500 Series Sanvein (Success)
The King of Fighters '98 (SNK Playmore)
The King of Fighters '99 (SNK Playmore)
The King of Fighters Kyo (SNK Playmore)
XI [sai] (Sony Computer Entertainment)

Previous Week Index

PSN Content 06/21/07 (MS updates for all, PS1 games for US/EU, etc.)
PSN Content 06/14/07 (Go! Puzzle, Firmware 1.81 - fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB, Europe - MotorStorm 1.2, TA)
PSN Content 06/07/07 (EXCITING videos/trailers)
PSN Content 05/31/07 (Folklore Demo - JPN, RR7 DLC, Championship Sprint)

Pending Title Updates
MotorStorm:
For $$$:
-New track, mode:
-Coyote Revenge
-New unlockable vehicles
-Eliminator game mode

Gripshift:
Free:
-This update will take place some time in the next couple months, according to Mario (dev).
-The NA version will be patched to be the equivalent to the European release.
-Loading time optimizations which have resulted in much shorter loads in most circumstances
-The ability to change/customize car, select level, change controls, and change music from within a level
-Browsable scoreboards including viewing from menus rather than level complete screen, jumping straight to your position, and now with car type and number of resets info per entry displayed
-Some changes to online connectivity to make it easier and more obvious how to connect with other people
-Various other minor usability improvements and changes

-Level creator is tentatively scheduled for another later patch.

For help on creating a Japan Store account, go here:
http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

Free stuff on the JAPANESE Store to check out:
Folklore Demo
Hot Shots 5 Demo
DMC4 trailers
Folklore trailer
Virtua Fighter 5 trailers
Ridge Racer 7 trailers
Gundam Musuo trailer
Lots of PS1 games

Free stuff on the EUROPEAN Store to check out:
PSN Showcase Trailer (shows many current and upcoming PSN games)
Darkness Trailer
Haze Trailer

PR said:
PLAYSTATION Store Update: Save the Solar System in HD

Save your solar system in high-definition as Super Stardust HD is available on the PLAYSTATION Store today for play on the PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) system. Also available for download is a demo for Dynasty Warriors:GUNDAM, a new trailer for Grand Theft Auto 4, and movie trailers for I Know Who Killed Me, Superbad, License to Wed, and The Invasion.

Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:

Super Stardust HD Game ($7.99): The Professor is back for the most ultimate revenge. You must defeat his forces and save your home solar system from total annihilation. Five planets are under attack. Your destiny is to save the home solar system, yet again. With five highly detailed 3D planets to save, hordes of enemies and asteroids to destroy, and various game play modes, Super Stardust HD presents super intense action.

Dynasty Warriors:GUNDAM Demo (free): This hack and slash action title merges the worlds of Gundam and the Dynasty Warriors series together, bringing to life Dynasty Warriors:GUNDAM!

Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer (free): Check out the newest trailer for one of this fall’s most anticipated titles.

Movie Trailers (free): Download movie trailers for the upcoming releases, I Know Who Killed Me, Superbad, License to Wed, and The Invasion.

Dates are listed with the most recent information available and I really do try to keep up with this stuff so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or missing something. I'm not going to go out of my way to find Europe or Japan dates but if you post information in the thread, I'll add it to the OP.

Jim, please edit thread title if need be when the content goes up.

M3wThr33

Banned
Because I'll have to buy it? :( It's just a bummer seeing like all the good shirts gone.
Also, they didn't update the newsfeed on the PSP either. It's still the original "Late May, Late June" stuff.

reminder

Japanese Store

Trailer:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Devil May Cry 4 Promotion Video C

PSone Titles:

AI Mah-Jong Selection (Hamster)
DEPTH (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Gussun Paradise (IREM Software)
Jet Moto (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Jumping Flash! 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Major Wave Series: Puzzle Mania 2 (Hamster)
Major Wave Series: Zipangu Jima: Unmei wa Saikoro ga Kimeru!? (Hamster)
Metal Slug (SNK Playmore)
Oasis Road (Idea Factory)
Panekit (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Samurai Spirits III: Zankuro Musouken (SNK Playmore)
Samurai Spirits IV: Amakusa Kourin Special (SNK Playmore)
Spectral Tower 2 (Idea Factory)
SuperLite 1500 Series Cotton Original (Success)
SuperLite 1500 Series Sanvein (Success)
The King of Fighters '98 (SNK Playmore)
The King of Fighters '99 (SNK Playmore)
The King of Fighters Kyo (SNK Playmore)
XI [sai] (Sony Computer Entertainment)

These all are new. Also, Crash Bandicoot is now playable on both PS3 and PSP.

M3wThr33

Banned
Metal Slug, eh? Are the PSX game prices still about $6? I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to buy that in lieu of the Anniversary Collection.

tanod

when is my burrito
Sorry this is late. I was playing The Darkness last night. :D

Holy crap at the Japanese PS1 titles.

IApetus: :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
bigfatgameguy said:
How are you liking The Darkness?

Pretty good so far. The default control sensitivity settings were borked so I spent the first half hour of the game tweaking them. That seems to be a pretty universal complaint, though, across both platforms.

I've used the term "oddly compelling" to describe the game. I'm not completely sure why I like it yet but I want to keep playing it. I'm still pretty early in the game (haven't gotten any more powers yet) but it feels more like a 1st person action/adventure game than a FPS. It's more open-ended and not strictly level-based game design so I think that accounts for that feeling. I still don't think I have the controls exactly how I would like them. If there is one thing I know I like about it, I'm REALLY enjoying the story and atmosphere so far.

pswii60

tanod said:
Pretty good so far. The default control sensitivity settings were borked so I spent the first half hour of the game tweaking them. That seems to be a pretty universal complaint, though, across both platforms.

I've used the term "oddly compelling" to describe the game. I'm not completely sure why I like it yet but I want to keep playing it. I'm still pretty early in the game (haven't gotten any more powers yet) but it feels more like a 1st person action/adventure game than a FPS. It's more open-ended and not strictly level-based game design so I think that accounts for that feeling. I still don't think I have the controls exactly how I would like them. If there is one thing I know I like about it, I'm REALLY enjoying the story and atmosphere so far.

PS3 version?

tanod said:

Good, I was worried that you'd get it based on what I told you and wouldnt like it.

tanod

when is my burrito
pswii60 said:
PS3 version?

Yep.

bigfatgameguy said:
Good, I was worried that you'd get it based on what I told you and wouldnt like it.

I didn't know Dateline NBC did game reviews.

Seriously though, did I read a review from you somewhere in the Darkness thread? Muzzy Femory. Between impressions, story questions, and graphics-whoreism, that thread is getting huge.

careksims

kaching said:
Super Stardust better not slip. I want to pulverize asteroids into thousands of tiny pieces.

*crosses his fingers on both hands for Stardust and Resistance Maps* Please! Please! Please!

Madman

kaching said:
Super Stardust better not slip. I want to pulverize asteroids into thousands of tiny pieces.
It's still listed on Playstation.com for today. In fact, it's listed under "new games" as opposed to "upcoming games" which means it should be released today.

Madman

Greg said:
If both come out today, I'll be pissed and probably won't buy either. :lol
Well, I'll be buying both. Take that!

Actually, I'm not 100% on the Resistance maps. I'm much more interested in the WW servers aspect. I'll await Gaf reactions.

Crisis

Banned
Hey Sony:

I'm in mah housez, waiting to giv u mah monies fer SSHD and map packz.

(Any indication as to what time we'll see these?)

tanod

when is my burrito
Crisis said:
Hey Sony:

I'm in mah housez, waiting to giv u mah monies fer SSHD and map packz.

(Any indication as to what time we'll see these?)

Reading the first line of the OP is a good place to start.

Crisis

Banned
tanod said:
Reading the first line of the OP is a good place to start.
:lol I DID read it! It's just that even though you said around 6 PM, Sony seems to be releasing these things whenever they want, like the firmware update last night. It wasn't meant to slight your work. I really like these threads.

tanod

when is my burrito
Crisis said:
:lol I DID read it! It's just that even though you said around 6 PM, Sony seems to be releasing these things whenever they want, like the firmware update last night. It wasn't meant to slight your work. I really like these threads.

:) That's OK. I understand the confusion.

FW updates almost always hit Wednesday nights, usually late (about 10PM). Content is almost always the same time. There was one day where the content hit at around noon though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BUY STARDUST OR DIE!

649035543_9fd46a3c9c_b.jpg

and try to beat this (if leaderboards wont be resetted when the game is released)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Madman said:
It's still listed on Playstation.com for today. In fact, it's listed under "new games" as opposed to "upcoming games" which means it should be released today.
If you think that eases any doubts, you haven't been paying attention to Sony's recent track record.

Chris_C

Man I really hope we get some good PSOne games, it's getting ridiculous. Or a demo or something.

I think they probably removed hats from Home because it might reveal inconsistencies with the weight option? Maybe? I expect they'll be back soon.

Madman

kaching said:
If you think that eases any doubts, you haven't been paying attention to Sony's recent track record.
I said it should be released today, not that it would. I'm skeptical as well.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Madman said:
I said it should be released today, not that it would. I'm skeptical as well.
I don't even know why you bothered to reply the way you did then. I know the game is scheduled for release today. That's why I said I hope it doesn't slip.

Greg

TTP said:
BUY STARDUST OR DIE!
Ahh, just the man I was looking for as I had a question about the replay value of the game. Obviously you didn't pay for it, but 10 bucks (or however much it ends up being) for 5 levels of increasing difficulty? The game looks great, but I'm not sure how much time I'm going to burn trying to beat top scores as it turns into a 'who has more time to play it' kind of thing. High score tables aside, is it worth it for just some casual playthroughs?

Crisis

Banned
tanod said:
:) That's OK. I understand the confusion.

FW updates almost always hit Wednesday nights, usually late (about 10PM). Content is almost always the same time. There was one day where the content hit at around noon though.

Yeah, and I think that's where a lot of my confusion stems from. I have a lot of errands to run later in the day, and I was really hoping they'd push it out "early" so that I can go ahead and download them. You know what would be nice, though? Since they announce what's going to be released, it'd be nice if you could have it automatically download things like demos and firmware updates, even when you aren't home.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Crisis said:
Yeah, and I think that's where a lot of my confusion stems from. I have a lot of errands to run later in the day, and I was really hoping they'd push it out "early" so that I can go ahead and download them. You know what would be nice, though? Since they announce what's going to be released, it'd be nice if you could have it automatically download things like demos and firmware updates, even when you aren't home.

Get a PSP and use remote play to download stuff as soon as it pops up.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Greg said:
Ahh, just the man I was looking for as I had a question about the replay value of the game. Obviously you didn't pay for it, but 10 bucks (or however much it ends up being) for 5 levels of increasing difficulty? The game looks great, but I'm not sure how much time I'm going to burn trying to beat top scores as it turns into a 'who has more time to play it' kind of thing. High score tables aside, is it worth it for just some casual playthroughs?

No. It's really like Geometry Wars in that the "real" purpose of the game is beating the high score, BUT there is a but.

Arcade mode goes in loop (in hard mode) after you beat it once so u can play virtually forever in order to beat the high score. But say you want to attempt beating some score but dont have the time or dedication to go through hours and hours of mad shooting . There comes the Planet mode. In planet mode, you just play a planet of choice. Once you are done blasting asteroids and enemies through its 5 phases (which would take 15-30 mins at most), the game is over and you got ur score on a dedicated online leaderboard. The cool thing about Super Stardust scoring system is that there are a lot of variables so it's not just by beating enemies that you get the best score you can. Other stuff that affect score are:

- Time spent to clean a phase.
- Weapon used to destroy asteroid/enemies
- Deaths (they reset the score multiplyer)
- Bonus icons (they disappear after a while)
- Boosting (by boosting through bonus icons, you can chain them so that the first gives you a 2x score, the second a 3x score and so on. The more you chain with one boost the more points you get. I personally managed to get to 7x :))

So there is plenty of depth in the scoring system and the planet mode allows for some "meaningful" quick play by still allowing your ego to be satisfied :)

Madman

kaching said:
I don't even know why you bothered to reply the way you did then. I know the game is scheduled for release today. That's why I said I hope it doesn't slip.
To give that little ray of hope that it will stick to the schedule.

Greg

TTP said:
There comes the Planet mode. In planet mode, you just play a planet of choice. Once you are done blasting asteroids and enemies through its 5 phases (which would take 15-30 mins at most), the game is over and you got ur score on a dedicated online leaderboard.

So there is plenty of depth in the scoring system and the planet mode allows for some "meaningful" quick play by still allowing your ego to be satisfied :)
Ahh, Planet Mode sounds perfect for me then - thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Greg said:
Ahh, Planet Mode sounds perfect for me then - thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it.

You are welcome!

I love talking about this game anyways :)

And I forgot to add that I WILL buy this game even if I have it already on the TEST unit. I need it in my private collection + these developers deserve all the support we can give them.

Mmmkay

Wow, who'd a thunkit, the UK are getting the maps significantly cheaper than America... Unless they're expecting a price drop, it's £2.99 for them here :D

Of course it would help if you could purchase things below £5 sdpofjsadoifjdfd

tha_con

Banned
It's too late for me to really be interested in the Resistance maps. Honestly, I've purchased more games and it's pretty much done for me. Maybe in the late future I'll buy them during a drought, but it's just not interesting right now. 2 maps (well, with the difference scaled version). I just have no interest in them any more, it's been too long, and now the Darkness and RS: V are both out (plus finishing up the WOWhawk beta). I don't know, to little to late I suppose, for me at least.

Top Bottom